Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally feel like a true goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This show is pretty fun so props to OP for making this thread, as I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Gangsta will now broadcast every Sunday because gently caress

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
booooo...I was looking forward to watching it when I got home. Man this show and the scheduling. :argh:

gangsta-project.com posted:

This is the broadcast date and time of ABC Asahi Broadcasting Corporation, but
the convenience of on the organization, because there is a change in the broadcast date and time
I will inform. Members of the broadcasting area, please note.

7/29 (water) Episode 5 broadcast pause ※ for the world swimming
- 8/5 (water) 53 pm Episode 5 midnight 2 (9 minutes late than usual)
8/12 (water) at Episode 6 midnight 3 13 minutes to (29 minutes later than normal)
8/19 (water) 13 pm Episode 7 midnight 3 - (29 minutes later than usual)

thanks google translate that sort of makes sense I guess :v:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 30, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Three things:
1. Gina is the show's Balalaika and is dominating.
2. How the devil is Wolrick going to manage a rebellious Twilight kid with dreadlocks?
3. Did Alex get dragged off by the doctor who she mistook as that dead guy due to 'lack of meds'....or was that dead guy real? :stare:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Three things:
1. Gina is the show's Balalaika and is dominating.
2. How the devil is Wolrick going to manage a rebellious Twilight kid with dreadlocks?
3. Did Alex get dragged off by the doctor who she mistook as that dead guy due to 'lack of meds'....or was that dead guy real? :stare:

Gina puts up with zero poo poo lol. I don't think she was even leaving him for Worick to deal with, Doug just was lucky that Worick was nice enough to haul his rear end to the clinic. Next ep should get back into what's up with Alex, since nobody's going to be able to fight for a little while.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

This show got a pretty warm reception in the summer thread, so I only picked it up yesterday. Happy to have something to fill the Black Lagoon shaped hole in my heart.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/gangstacursed-r16011

spinoff i found

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Not only does this have spoilers for the anime, it's only in Turkish.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, I saw it had a page but didn't realize it actually had scans up since my settings are English only. The book was released last? month or something, I'm hoping Viz picks it up soon because I'd like to have a copy. I was looking for info about Volume 7's release date since it also came out recently in Japan but couldn't find anything. I know it took a long time before there were enough chapters out to make another volume because of Kohske's health problems, so I'm glad she's able to be more active now.

Just to note, the spinoff was drawn by her assistant. Chapter 1 is on pixiv if you have an account (I don't, whoops). There's also a light novel that just came out written by someone else but with illustrations by Kohske.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 3, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Unless some serious bullshit happens down the line the whole Twilight aspect of the plot is alright. I hope it keeps leading to fights like the one in this episode.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am a huge nerd and just bought a copy of that magazine that comes with a pack of Gangsta postcards. I stopped buying anime goods a long time ago so this feels extra shameful but yolo I guess. I'd love to have a set of those tarot cards but not enough to pay $60 to some random dude on ebay.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm starting to get Bebop vibes

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Normie Slayer posted:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Normie Slayer posted:

So it's not just me, I'm glad this show has a bit of a deeper sub plot than "bitches n whores with drugs".

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
But bitches n whores with drugs makes for good entertainment already.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Dangerous Person posted:

But bitches n whores with drugs makes for good entertainment already.

Not saying it doesn't, but I'm just glad this show has a somewhat deeper subplot

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Full OP
https://youtu.be/cv7-MtCDiqE

Can't find the full ED, just a bunch of edits but it's also out so maybe someone else will have better luck.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 8, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This episode show is amazing.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Booooo it's not on hulu yet.
edit: poop! I have to go out for a while, maybe it'll be up when I get back.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 9, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's up on Hulu now (and I can't watch it yet hnnnnnnng)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You can always just stream it elsewhere online you know...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Funimation kinda sucks, so I don't blame Hulu users

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I pay for Hulu so I'm going to use it.

Edit: OK finally back home & able to watch. I think this is the first time they translated & subbed the OP, don't remember seeing it before.

Edit 2: poo poo that was good.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 9, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The scene with Alex and Worick in the alley is so good. He understands her probably more than anybody else because he's pretty much walked in the same shoes, and I love how they interact with each other but especially that scene.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My magazine and postcards arrived today, yay! :retrogames: The art on the postcards is nice, some of it is also for Cursed. I'll take some pictures when I have better light.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm watching the new episode now
Yang and Delico are a very cute couple

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I don't watch much anime, but this show is pretty god drat amazing. Episode 6 almost made me :cry:

Worick and Nico are such bros. :unsmith:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

whoever is subtitling this show must not speak english. this is so bad. why did all the fansub groups drop this

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Other than overlord I think this is one of the best upsets of the season, really enjoying it and the OP is 10/10

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
imagine if it had a beach episode

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

imagine if it had a beach episode

Would make a great OVA. Hopefully there will be more seasons.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also this show is a loving masterpiece.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dub preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85f_yFx5KY

:barf:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was excited to see how they'd do Nic, but eh

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wasn't much impressed with Nic but the guy voicing Worick was terrible. It was all I could do to sit through the clip til the end so I could hear what Nic sounded like.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Nic's part was terrible, the VA kept doing random lisps and w/r mixes but it was totally inconsistent. Basically sounded at times like a drunk 3 year old and at other times completely normal. I tend to prefer subs anyway but a decent dub is nice if you want to watch while you're doing something else - this one is bad enough to be distracting.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Nic's part was terrible, the VA kept doing random lisps and w/r mixes but it was totally inconsistent. Basically sounded at times like a drunk 3 year old and at other times completely normal. I tend to prefer subs anyway but a decent dub is nice if you want to watch while you're doing something else - this one is bad enough to be distracting.

Yeah he was definitely all over the place. I wasn't planning to watch the dub anyway but was hoping it wouldn't be completely dismal.

I'm glad nothing significant was cut from any of the flashbacks and I think they did a pretty good job knitting them into the present-day scenes. One thing that occurred to me when I was re-reading that part of the manga and also watching this episode is that all the damage that Nic takes when he's fighting is basically him fulfilling that command. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nic playing with Nina is the best :3:

Also cats

This is fun

*fans self* some racy stuff on tumblr today everyday w/Nic & Worick, just a word of warning if you go gif mining.

• Locked thread