Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

There is a scene where they discover the ruin of the original Jurassic park and the 15 year old kid re builds a jeep in 10 mins and they drive off

If they don't have the kid programming a new visual UI using an open-source Linux file from a dirt bivouac while the iRex hunts him I refuse to see this movie :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The T Rex, Raptor, and Moses Saurus team up to kill the Raptor/Rex hybrid and then the raptor and the rex do a dino fist bump and Opie Jr. and Starlord kiss under the dinos.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

This movie was somewhat decent and dumb all the way through peppered with a few really dumb moments. But in the last 15 mins or so the stupidity just blew the scale and the movie kind of turned into a schlock masterpiece.

That loving scene with chris pratt talking the raptors down from helping evil raptor rex. My god.

angelklaine
Jun 10, 2015

Servant of Ruth and master of none.
drat now I have to watch this movie. I hate you all.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
how smart is the t-rex raptor, is it smarter than me?

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

Man is the real dinosaur

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

the bad guy in this movie that wasnt the evil raptor t-rex kind of looked like an evil kevin james.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Randarkman posted:

the bad guy in this movie that wasnt the evil raptor t-rex kind of looked like an evil kevin james.

That's Vince Donofrio, professional beach ball on stilts.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Right before the movie ends the camera slowly zooms in on the I-Rex and her eye opens. THE END?

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Why isn't national treasure being expanded? That's the series that really needs to continue. Not Jurassic Park. I need me some more Nick Cage solvin mysteries.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
the original jurassic park was only good whenever those kids were being menaced by dinosaurs and at no other times was it interesting at all

bad franchise

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It's the second best Jurassic Park movie which means it is somewhere between the 2nd and 98th percentile of movies. That's something.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Mad Max: Fury Road is the only movie you need to see this summer.
Also dinosaurs have feathers now get with the loving program.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
snope kills pimplefuck

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Bluemillion posted:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

limeincoke posted:

Why isn't national treasure being expanded? That's the series that really needs to continue. Not Jurassic Park. I need me some more Nick Cage solvin mysteries.

The real national treasure was Nic Cage's relationship with his dad. Also, all of the gold and poo poo.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They took the script for Deep Blue Sea and ctrl-H'd "dinosaur" for "shark"

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Harald posted:

The real national treasure was Nic Cage

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bluemillion posted:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Thats true. the movie was pretty poo poo outside of the 15 minutes of 100% pure distilled schlock (which was still bad, just so bad its good)

e: saw mad max 3 times.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Bryce Dallas Howard is pretty hot in the movie

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
regular non-goon opinions: movie was awesome, exactly the right amount of ham for a movie in a universe where a company can convince people to travel to a park that had been the site of no less than three (3) major, MAJOR disasters with huge loss of life. some pacing issues, could have used a better act structure but overall B, B+

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Serious question, should I take my wife to this movie on her birthday later Saturday? Also any jump scares?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
God when the raptors find the I. Rex I was like

Please don't talk to each other

Please don't - gently caress THEY'RE TALKING WITH EACH OTHER

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014

Edgar posted:

Serious question, should I take my wife to this movie on her birthday later Saturday? Also any jump scares?

It was a really fun movie. One or two jump scares that aren't bad but at least one raptor jumpy part got my date pretty good. I liked it a lot. Probably more than Mad Max which surprised me. And it's about 10,000x better than Guardians of the Galaxy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How do the dinosaurs get "loose" in this one?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How do the dinosaurs get "loose" in this one?

it uses its camouflage and super power of hiding from thermo imaging to hide and then fakes an escape so they think it ran away so they open the gate and it runs away

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
op im supposed to PAY MONEY to take my girlfriend to see this on sunday, what the gently caress should i do?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Nation posted:

op im supposed to PAY MONEY to take my girlfriend to see this on sunday, what the gently caress should i do?

See a lovely movie, enjoy the company of a woman.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Nation posted:

what is his name?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

RideTheSpiral posted:

what is his name?

dad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

RideTheSpiral posted:

it uses its camouflage and super power of hiding from thermo imaging to hide and then fakes an escape so they think it ran away so they open the gate and it runs away

Note, the camp comes up exactly one more time in the movie, then never again. The heating never comes up again iirc.

Also they say the super rex has thermal sensing like a rattle snake, but it also never does that.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

RideTheSpiral posted:

Holy poo poo this sounds hilariously bad.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

TheMostFrench posted:

Holy poo poo this sounds hilariously bad.

at one point it runs out of a forest into a grass clearing and instantly turns from dark green to white as it is running

terrifying stuff

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Why did they open the gate when they entered the cage through some door?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
They were presumably on the opposite side from the human size door. Don't know why you wouldn't put a human size door next to every giant size gate though.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
If you went to this movie thinking it was going to be anything but mindless CGI dinosaur stupidity - you weren't paying enough attention to the trailers. I went because my kids wanted to see it. They enjoyed it. I didn't mind it. The last 15 minutes were hilariously stupid.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm the 20000 people that just got chased around by birds for a minute

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

RideTheSpiral posted:

Alien 3 used the same plot device and was a masterpiece though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

God when the raptors find the I. Rex I was like

Please don't - gently caress THEY'RE TALKING WITH EACH OTHER

I'm 1/16th Raptor