Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Bluemillion posted:

Mad Max: Fury Road is the only movie you need to see this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Stoic Commie posted:

I'm the 20000 people that just got chased around by birds for a minute

Oh poo poo is there mass carnage in this? Not just 10 people getting picked off one by one are there fields of humans being systematically slaughtered by dinosaurs?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Instead of watching this movie, I just flipped to the last page of the Junior Novelization while in a store.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh poo poo is there mass carnage in this? Not just 10 people getting picked off one by one are there fields of humans being systematically slaughtered by dinosaurs?

20000 people run across the park chaotically and they show approximately two people get pecked at off screen, and the one of three people with more than one spoken line who die in the entire movie gets flown off by a bird then both are eaten by the death whale. The 20000 people then huddle in a building for the rest of the movie while the main man and woman do everything, like a standard action movie. I do not like how one particular dinosaur was the antagonist. It was lame.

Randarkman posted:

the bad guy in this movie that wasnt the evil raptor t-rex kind of looked like an evil kevin james.

All I saw was officer farva, dinosaur cop. The characters were bad. When they introduced the main kid in his converse and Beats by Dre, I did in fact poo poo and piss myself. Jurassic park movies get people hyped and this one could have seated the franchise as a classic, but they just let it die instead.

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 13, 2015

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
I did enjoy watching it, but even for a Jurassic park movie I think they could have done more. Other people enjoyed it too, but I don't think people were captivated enough for another Jurassic movie to come out with blockbuster status.

Maybe they'll make one of those cheap and brutal anime cartoons of it like the matrix, and we will get to see some srsly intricate and rated R dino fatalities.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stoic Commie posted:

I did enjoy watching it, but even for a Jurassic park movie I think they could have done more. Other people enjoyed it too, but I don't think people were captivated enough for another Jurassic movie to come out with blockbuster status.

Maybe they'll make one of those cheap and brutal anime cartoons of it like the matrix, and we will get to see some srsly intricate and rated R dino fatalities.

I don't know why the Jurassic movies can get away with humans being chewed up or dismembered by dinosaurs, but we don't see dinosaurs getting torn apart by heavy machine guns or autocannons. Goddamnit, I want to see dinosaurs getting mowed down by guns.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm glad the OP told me the plot in the title so I didn't waste my time watching the movie.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can you elaborate how the parks keep getting funding after each successively worse no seriously guys we figured it out this time incident

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
this is like the first time in a decade ive seen a pg13 movie and the people who say they're just like r movies from back then is right. lots of onscreen gory deaths.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Can you elaborate how the parks keep getting funding after each successively worse no seriously guys we figured it out this time incident
well they werent majour incidents in the scheme of things

actually didnt one of them involve letting a dinosour loose in a big city, that would probably have been a majour thing

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seaside Loafer posted:

well they werent majour incidents in the scheme of things

actually didnt one of them involve letting a dinosour loose in a big city, that would probably have been a majour thing

As major as a t Rex loose in like Los Angeles or some poo poo could be, I mean just the liability insurance premium alone, where does act of Dinosaur fall on the chart

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

14 INCH SLIT posted:

As major as a t Rex loose in like Los Angeles or some poo poo could be, I mean just the liability insurance premium alone, where does act of Dinosaur fall on the chart

Don't forget, the T. Rex actually ate at least one person on the streets of LA in front of witnesses.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

14 INCH SLIT posted:

try working out how superman would be billed in the man of steel film. him and zod and those other 2 hosed the whole of metropolis right up. how do you issue a damages claim to superman? number 1 the arctic circle?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seaside Loafer posted:

try working out how superman would be billed in the man of steel film. him and zod and those other 2 hosed the whole of metropolis right up. how do you issue a damages claim to superman? number 1 the arctic circle?

I unironically do, which is how I always wind up dusting off the Watchmen to reread. But in this case it's a little different because supes is pretty much alien with the strength of God versus someone you'd be either executing or electing into office, versus a company who can somehow be smart enough to literally make dinosaurs but not smart enough to learn to quit after the t Rex has gotten out more than once

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I saw it last night.

I'm not going to write a lot of words for a movie made for 10 yr olds.

It was pretty dumb. You can see who dies and lives from a mile away. Characters that have the strongest plot armor (little kid, Chir Pratt) are in constant danger but you don't care bc you know they'll survive. Most deaths are faceless nameless redshirts.

This made was crafted by many men in suits for the general audience--the masses--the braindead drooling retarded.

Lots of resurrected franchises are cashing in on being grim and dark, JW went the other direction--super happy summer giggles.

OR think like this:

The Goonies is a kids movies from the 80s that had murder, mutants, theft, suicide, skeletons, guns. Compare that to a kids movie of today.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

movies don't have to be bad just cuz they're made for 10 year olds.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

ProperCoochie posted:

Lots of resurrected franchises are cashing in on being grim and dark

it wasn't grim or dark, even compared to the other jurassic movies. it had more comedy lines and slapstick than the other three. It was brightly lit and only had one night scene, the last one.

ten year olds don't buy the tickets either

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 13, 2015

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

ProperCoochie posted:

The Goonies is a kids movies from the 80s that had murder, mutants, theft, suicide, skeletons, guns. Compare that to a kids movie of today.
timebandits is the best kids film ever, it actually ends with the kids parents being zapped by pure evil and him standing in the street outside his house that has burnt down

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

14 INCH SLIT posted:

maybe the company just takes out life insurance on the red shirt guards similar to Wal mart?

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
at least the dinosaurs didn't have feathers like some retard fags believe they did

dino = feathers and vaccines = autism crowd are pretty much one in the same, but at least the latter only gets little turds infected with smallpox instead of making movies unbearable

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Stoic Commie posted:

it wasn't grim or dark, even compared to the other jurassic movies. it had more comedy lines and slapstick than the other three. It was brightly lit and only had one night scene, the last one.

ten year olds don't buy the tickets either

My post clearly says JW isn't grim or dark

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Bluemillion posted:

Mad Max: Fury Road is the only movie you need to see this summer.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

weird divorce plot thread made me laugh

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Stoic Commie posted:

Alien 3 used the same plot device and was a masterpiece though

actually alien 3 is poo poo

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
:captainpop:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
ijust saw this movie after rewatching kung fury just beforeit an holy sjit jurraaic world is terrible thats all thanks 4 readong my post peace

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Young Freud posted:

I don't know why the Jurassic movies can get away with humans being chewed up or dismembered by dinosaurs, but we don't see dinosaurs getting torn apart by heavy machine guns or autocannons. Goddamnit, I want to see dinosaurs getting mowed down by guns.

They were firing a minigun at the uberrex and missing every god drat shot. THE THING IS NEARLY 3 STORIES TALL!!!

Also did not understand the reasoning of the pterodactyl's or whatever the bird dinosaurs were: Big dinosaur breaks their sanctuary, they are pissed off. But instead of attacking the thing that broke into their home, they fly out and make a straight line for all the tourists at the far end of the island. Did the not-rex issue orders or some poo poo?

Had to admit I wasn't expecting the new park manager to die. The only reference to the original group is that John Hammond gave the park to him.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Wicker Man posted:

They were firing a minigun at the uberrex and missing every god drat shot. THE THING IS NEARLY 3 STORIES TALL!!!

Also did not understand the reasoning of the pterodactyl's or whatever the bird dinosaurs were: Big dinosaur breaks their sanctuary, they are pissed off. But instead of attacking the thing that broke into their home, they fly out and make a straight line for all the tourists at the far end of the island. Did the not-rex issue orders or some poo poo?

Had to admit I wasn't expecting the new park manager to die. The only reference to the original group is that John Hammond gave the park to him.

lol it was obv as gently caress from the first helicopter scene

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

doomisland posted:

lol it was obv as gently caress from the first helicopter scene

I figured the whole "Oops, I'm kind of a bad pilot :downs:" bit would involve some tricky maneuvering later, where the lovely pilot actually manages to save the day.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Wicker Man posted:

i thought they sorta kinda starting trying to attack but the new rex was huge and pissed and they were just like "gently caress this poo poo peace out"

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
My favourite scene was when they enter the cage with the muderasaur to look for it and then it turns out it has a tracking device in it.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Is this worth the time to watch this for a laugh and not pay money for it?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I think if you can not enjoy both Mad Max and Jurassic World you are a humorless gently caress that needs to rethink the choices you have made in life.

My honest opinion.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

Everyone knows something that big would be easy to hit and kill with something like a grenade launcher...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkylDvmZl_c

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Murdersaurus really is the best name. When the Murdersaurus Rex ran from the helicopter sub machine gun fire it was like an action hero or villain. And the T Rex and Velociraptor fight with the Murdersaurus seemed to remind me of Lethal Weapon. Rex is Murtaugh, Raptor is Riggs and the giant whalesaur is Joe Pesci.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 14, 2015

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gatts posted:

Murdersaurus really is the best name. When the Murdersaurus Rex ran from the helicopter sub machine gun fire it was like an action hero or villain.
yeah, it was exactly the "one step ahead of where the gun is firing" cliche that every action movie uses.

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
Its a little late but weaponized dinosaurs is the only direction the series could go and still not be lame as gently caress. How many times are some adults and two kids going to go to dino island? Do you realize how loving cool soldiers fighting dinosuars would be? Its what cinema needs. The first thing that would happen in reallife is weaponized dinosaurs, we wouldnt gently caress around with tourism

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
Live action dino riders except fighting ISIS

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PBRstreetgang posted:

Its a little late but weaponized dinosaurs is the only direction the series could go and still not be lame as gently caress. How many times are some adults and two kids going to go to dino island? Do you realize how loving cool soldiers fighting dinosuars would be? Its what cinema needs. The first thing that would happen in reallife is weaponized dinosaurs, we wouldnt gently caress around with tourism

be careful what you wish for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZtVkbx-OEI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
The dinosaurs need to be the police tho, you know, the good guys

• Locked thread