Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02tc22c

quote:

Discussing women in science, he told a conference in South Korea: "Three things happen when they are in the lab: you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticise them they cry.”

He told Today: "I did mean the part about having trouble with girls, I mean it is true that I have fallen in love with people in the lab and that people in the lab have fallen in love with me.

"It's very disruptive to science.

"I'm really really sorry that I caused any offence, that's awful. I just meant to be honest, actually."

Your human emotions are disruptive to the elegance of science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tim human being

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Tim oval office

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Reading two sentences was enough for me to figure out he was some stuffy british guy.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You're not a real scientist until you cum in your Asian grad student / intern while her glasses scrape against the inert black countertop with your thrusts.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How are your tears helping us to solve this equation Kelly? We're trying to measure how much radiation this new polymer will absorb not how many tears, Kelly.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

You're not a real scientist until you cum in your Asian grad student / intern while her glasses scrape against the inert black countertop with your thrusts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Annie_Le

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i fell in love with tim hunt

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
nerdy dorklord falls in love with only woman that is willing to stay in the same room with him for more than five minutes and gets upset when she doesnt want to gently caress him

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How are your tears helping us to solve this equation Kelly? We're trying to measure how much radiation this new polymer will absorb not how many tears, Kelly.

Kelly your period blood has contaminated yet another sample.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i fell in love with tim hunt

better than helen hunt that bitch craaazy make u cry

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

nerdy dorklord falls in love with only woman that is willing to stay in the same room with him for more than five minutes and gets upset when she doesnt want to gently caress him

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sheep-Goats posted:

this is completely my poo poo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

When ur butthole gets itchy n u scratch it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
by the way, he's crazy. you don't fall in love in the lab. you fall in love with anything that is not in the lab and doesn't remind you of being in the lab.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Too true. Too true.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
That's a bullshit stance. To say you fall in love with women in your lab; workplace relations can happen and (very rarely) generate productive and stable marriages, but it sounds to me he is being a lazy recluse and not socializing with anyone else except those he works with. Happens a lot in science, but like anyone else who only dates from the office workpool, it shows the individual is lazy and deficient. Go outside. Or if you can't manage that, walk five feet to another lab in the building and date someone there.

As for crying in the lab? I've never seen it. The women are professional enough to go loving hide and do it or go to a bar and get blasted; just like the guys do. Critical analysis of data is part of the job. Sobbing for sympathy means they are not being professional enough to do the job.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
1. be born with bad genes
2. develop into a nerd because no one wants to hang out with you
a. thus, you spend more time by yourself, alone.
b. goto 2.
3. have difficulty with the fairer sex
4. have issues forever wrt gender

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
seriously that man is ugly as sin

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

That's a bullshit stance. To say you fall in love with women in your lab; workplace relations can happen and (very rarely) generate productive and stable marriages, but it sounds to me he is being a lazy recluse and not socializing with anyone else except those he works with. Happens a lot in science, but like anyone else who only dates from the office workpool, it shows the individual is lazy and deficient. Go outside. Or if you can't manage that, walk five feet to another lab in the building and date someone there.

As for crying in the lab? I've never seen it. The women are professional enough to go loving hide and do it or go to a bar and get blasted; just like the guys do. Critical analysis of data is part of the job. Sobbing for sympathy means they are not being professional enough to do the job.

Look guys I found the lab monkey who is never going to get his dick wet while grasping a pipetter in his dominant (left) hand and staring fixedly at spectrometer.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

i made this a timg so you dont have ot be subjected to his foul countenance

cut your nose hairs, jesus CHRIST

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pick posted:

by the way, he's crazy. you don't fall in love in the lab. you fall in love with anything that is not in the lab and doesn't remind you of being in the lab.

Maybe noone in your lab runs marathons/ trains for triathelons on the reg. I've seen it happen multiple times and work in a handful of cases (marriages, stable for five years +).

If Tim's point was that lab relationships can cause massive drama, yes they can; but he should have said that specifically. And most of the drama is because most everyone involved is some degree of socially retarded.

Now men and women (grad students) running from the lab any chance they get for stress relief? Absolutely true.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

this is true but he got the wrong gender imo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*woman scientist turns around too fast and her boobs knock over an Erlenmeyer flask full of acid. It spills all over a stack of lab notes*

*All the man scientists groan*

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

epoch. posted:

lol

Helical Nightmares posted:

Maybe noone in your lab runs marathons/ trains for triathelons on the reg. I've seen it happen multiple times and work in a handful of cases (marriages, stable for five years +).

If Tim's point was that lab relationships can cause massive drama, yes they can; but he should have said that specifically. And most of the drama is because most everyone involved is some degree of socially retarded.

Now men and women (grad students) running from the lab any chance they get for stress relief? Absolutely true.

Opposite of lol / please stop making bad posts

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My nose hair is a part of me. An integral part of me.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

quote:

people in the lab have fallen in love with me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jesus loving christ u loving blasphemer trim that god drat poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Kelly where are those test tubes I asked for?

*Kelly bashfully removes them from her vagina*

*man wags finger at her*

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

Jesus loving christ u loving blasphemer trim that god drat poo poo

trim all of that poo poo. the nose, the eye brows, the hair, gently caress

Aug 4, 2010

lol if u trim your nosehair, bitches

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Kelly where are those test tubes I asked for?

*Kelly bashfully removes them from her vagina*

*man wags finger at her*

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upK3vFNOvEI

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Motherfucker ugly as hell, JEsus man, poo poo offends me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Woman scientist's press-on nail breaks off and fall into cyclotron*

*the lab is destroyed*

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That nose hair is straight up offensive

Aug 4, 2010

females are a menace in any work environment

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

vyst posted:

That nose hair is straight up offensive

Yea man I can't abide by this poo poo incredibly bad form this dude got me extremmely upset

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

epoch. posted:

how can he not notice that when he shaves his face

:wtf:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Entire experiment held up while woman scientist rummages around in her purse for lost control rod*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread