Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
I check out science all the time :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Coolie Ghost posted:

i think science should check itself before it wrecks itself

Good advice itt. We got our eye on you science, no funny business you hear?!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I feel I should support public oversight of science, but "the public" are people who willingly say "I'm bad at maths" without realising that means "I'm stupid". So I'm not sure why anyone would want to listen to those guys.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
What if we replaced all the science guys with like science robots and accidentally didn't install ethics software.

Chairman Wao fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 10, 2015

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Our best advances come from the Mad Sciences. Without Mad Science, there will be no more Death Rays.

Science must be left unchecked. And those of us who study it require greater funding. And volcano lairs. And minions.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Pick posted:

Literally the only film I've seen with the moral "It is not only right to play God, but really cool and everyone who is against it is a moron" is Tinker Bell & The Pirate Fairy.

Sunshine

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

genesplicer posted:

Our best advances come from the Mad Sciences. Without Mad Science, there will be no more Death Rays.

Science must be left unchecked. And those of us who study it require greater funding. And volcano lairs. And minions.

I really wish there was a foundation I could donate to that funded ethically dubious but undeniably compelling ideas and experiments.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I really wish there was a foundation I could donate to that funded ethically dubious but undeniably compelling ideas and experiments.

Always wondered why billionaires aren't doing this. How's the dinosaur guy doing? Is anyone funding him?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

poo poo, there are tons of countries who would welcome a 'questionable' science program. Or is the Geneva Convention prohibiting these countries from developing a woman with three tits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Ddraig posted:

I reckon we can leave it alone until Ice-Nine is discovered and then we should probably put some checks in just incase.

googled this once, ice9 was already invented, but it's retarded and can't kill us. checking science works, imo

• Locked thread