Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dont push me cause im close to the edge. im trying not to lose my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Any idea what the other subreddits that were banned are because fatpeoplehate sounded pretty funny, I can only imagine how good the rest were.

I will totally remind people of this next time someone wants to sass our mods they aren't nearly this stupid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's get another redditbomb going. I'm sure the news networks would love to run another piece attacking a rival company.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

tomstuart posted:

just remeber that reddit is still the home of:

-picutres of dead women
-nazi subreddits
-racist subreddits
-beastiality
-hentai cp
-loads of other super creepy and/or pervy boards
-a subreddit based on cucking

Don't forget tips on rape, cartoon horses with real horse vaginas, and mensrights.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I'm finally free to be fat and beautiful, thanks reddit.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hahahahahaha

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

More importantly, there's still thousands of drooling idiots on reddit that think shitredditsays is a "downvote brigade", and that somehow matters because imaginary internet points somehow have value.

Think about the kind of person it takes to spend your life deep into conspiracy theories about upvotes.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Ocean Book posted:

There has been science done with regards to shame and it's close companion, guilt. The definitions used are that guilt is when you feel bad for doing or being something, and shame is when you feel bad that you were viewed doing or being something. Guilt causes people to engage in behaviors that will change who they are, wheras shame causes people to engage in behaviors to hide who they are.

So no, you are wrong.

If the shaming is not resulting in deep seated feelings of guilt, you are simply not shaming hard enough.

Shaming directly resulted in people not being able to smoke indoors or even within a certain distance from an entrance, unfortunately it also directly resulted in the current super gay e-cig fad which looks like hipsters giving robocop a wireless blowjob in public, so I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Make me mod of gbs for a day and I will make us better than the reddit by issuing holy jihad against the hellthread and ADTRW

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

The hellthread must be cleansed of the infidel. It must be scourged of the seriousposters. This is my charge under the prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

Make me mod of gbs for a day and I will make us better than the reddit by issuing holy jihad against the hellthread and ADTRW

if you're mod of GBS you won't have jurisdiction in ADTRW ye dingus

as for hellthread our tyranny is perfect and eternal

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Hellthread was created by lowtax, may he rest in peace. It cannot be destroyed.

When everyone has left GBS for greener pastures and all the other threads have been culled due to inactivity there will be only hellthread. It is the Final Thread, the GBS Omega.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh good i was afraid they would have taken down this super edgy & hilarious joke sub that DEFINITELY isn't racist:

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackfathers

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

if you're mod of GBS you won't have jurisdiction in ADTRW ye dingus

The fatwa against the ADTRW will be a noble cause, another step in this forums glorious March toward sharia

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

The hellthread was given to us by the Lowtax but I offer a permanent remedy for the posters in it. A final solution, if you will

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

thathonkey posted:

oh good i was afraid they would have taken down this super edgy & hilarious joke sub that DEFINITELY isn't racist:

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackfathers

there doesn't seem to be anything here

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:thejoke:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
im glad i verified i was eighteen years of age to see that joke

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
dont worry r/fatniggerhate is still up

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
holy poo poo the stupidity of these idiots is glorious. Just look at this poo poo

quote:

Last weekend I had an interesting conversation with some police officers. They were talking about the worst neighborhood in the area. I asked them, why couldn't they just install streetlamps and security cameras?

They told me something I had never thought about. They said that when you put officers on A street, the crime will just move to B street. When you put officers on B street, they move to C street. It just keeps going. That's why they aren't installing any security measures, because by leaving that little area the way it is they can isolate and control the issue.

See, when you do something like this you aren't ending it. You're just moving it. I think you (the admins) have made a mistake here. Before, you had /r/fatpeoplehate, which was a community you could control. It had a home that you could tuck away. Now, you have one hundred and fifty thousand users whose paths are unaccounted for and will most likely end up in the mainstream areas of reddit. I hope you bring back /r/fatpeoplehate for reddit's community and to isolate any harassment you were seeing because now you have set it free.

and this one was in response to a guy listing a bunch of hosed up subreddits

quote:

Uh.. /r/watchpeopledie does not promote rape, murder, or racism. It's a place to watch videos of people dying. They're a pretty peaceful and laid-back sub.

:laffo:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

i think you would actually be a good mod, you seem pretty laid back and you make good threads

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The people who invented the internet didn't invent it so you people could make your childish jokes!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Desperate Character posted:

holy poo poo the stupidity of these idiots is glorious. Just look at this poo poo

and this one was in response to a guy listing a bunch of hosed up subreddits

:laffo:

tbf this is also the rationale behind hellthread and arguably it works

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Pawn 17 posted:

The people who invented the internet didn't invent it so you people could make your childish jokes!!

Shut up you fat bucket of lard.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Germstore posted:

[citation needed]

http://guilfordjournals.com/doi/abs/10.1521/jscp.22.1.1.22765

quote:

Research has found a negative relationship between proneness to experience shame and problematic relationships, but no relationship between proneness to guilt and relationship adjustment or maladjustment (Tangney, 1995; Tangney & Dearing, 2002). Social cognitive theory suggests that a reason for the interpersonal problem of shame-prone people is that shame impairs people's ability to generate effective solutions to interpersonal problems and/or diminishes confidence (self-efficacy) in one's ability to implement those solutions. In a study of 233 undergraduates, shame-proneness was negatively correlated with the quality of self-generated solutions to common interpersonal problems, self-efficacy for implementing these solutions, and with the expected effectiveness of those solutions. Guilt-proneness was positively correlated with quality of solutions, self-efficacy for implementing the solutions, the expected effectiveness of the solutions, and with the desire to solve the interpersonal conflict. Findings support and extend previous findings on shame-proneness, guilt-proneness, and interpersonal effectiveness.

Ocean Book fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 10, 2015

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Node posted:

Shut up you fat bucket of lard.

Buckets are one of my triggers you insensitive jerk!!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The lard illuminati strikes again

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

some people are big babies who cant deal with anything - especially specific criticism by people who dont actually know them or anything about them.

News at 11

edit: btw you are a FAT SLOB how could you do this to yourself. I hope you are shamed. and for gods sake dont turn that shame into anything productive, wallow in your own mental filth until you cant think about anything other than how fat you are.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

The lard illuminati strikes again

illardinati

tbf they also rule here seeing as our fat mockery threads keep getting derailed and gassed :tinfoil:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
edit: holy poo poo the back end is loving up big time today

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

some people are big babies who cant deal with anything - especially specific criticism by people who dont actually know them or anything about them.

News at 11

edit: btw you are a FAT SLOB how could you do this to yourself. I hope you are shamed. and for gods sake dont turn that shame into anything productive, wallow in your own mental filth until you cant think about anything other than how fat you are.

i dont get it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Who cares as long as fat people hate themselves and don't go out in public?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Who cares as long as fat people hate themselves and don't go out in public?

me. i think hating yourself is worse than feeling like you a person who can become a better person.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Ocean Book posted:

i dont get it

i dont know how else to explain it :confused:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Ocean Book posted:

me. i think hating yourself is worse than feeling like you a person who can become a better person.

That non-sense is responsible for poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoTQ3aOEz54

Also fat shaming exists for people that haven't turned into disgusting blobs, if people think their lives wouldn't be horrible if they got fat we would have more fat people.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ocean Book posted:

Some people can't be fixed, fundamentally. They're just broken. I know as a lefty I'm supposed to believe everyone is special and can blossom into a beautiful flower but no. I don't get in their face and bang them over the head about this but I will not feed people bullshit that everything is OK either.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
hating fat people is really dumb and mean but fat acceptance is just as stupid

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

concerned mom posted:

hating fat people is really dumb and mean but fat acceptance is just as stupid

to the latter there is no distinction between mockery and hatred

which is retarded

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
All this will do is bring more attention to the practice of openly hating and shaming fat people.

Which is hilarious. Fats are losing this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

jerkstoresup posted:

All this will do is bring more attention to the practice of openly hating and shaming fat people.

Which is hilarious. Fats are losing this one.

no way are they. There are fat models on magazine covers now. Airbrushed and photoshopped fat models. If that even makes sense

• Locked thread