Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
The meta reddit mock sub /r/circlejerk is currently space jam themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

got home from work and decided to check /r/all to see whats going on in the generalized internet and lmao the first two pages of reddit are all angry posts from /r/fatpersonhate or whatever

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Reddit admins banned subs because they thought they were offensive, but the racist subs are still active. The KKK runs Reddit.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Frog Act posted:

got home from work and decided to check /r/all

that was your first mistake

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Mines up over 2% today! 65.58 as of now, it owns.

wait really

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Reddit drove me to become a goon. I should sue them.

but srsly this is jailbait drama all over again and I love it.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

solo humping pro posted:

the classic im ryubber you're glue whatever i say bounces back to you

fatass

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Ebaumsworld
Digg
9gag
Reddit

It's all the same aggregator poo poo. Take content from other places, slap ads on the site to profit off other peoples work and produce nothing of value yourself.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Frog Act posted:

got home from work and decided to check /r/all to see whats going on in the generalized internet and lmao the first two pages of reddit are all angry posts from /r/fatpersonhate or whatever

I just looked that is pretty funny, all of Reddit is like fat people hate now that they banned the sub.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Ebaumsworld
Digg
9gag
Reddit

It's all the same aggregator poo poo. Take content from other places, slap ads on the site to profit off other peoples work and produce nothing of value yourself.

No, no, they are "crowd-sourced". This is Web 2.0 man!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Ebaumsworld
Digg
9gag
Reddit

Yeah! gently caress those sites. How dare they!

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I'm glad what a shitshow those subreddits were.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Three Olives posted:

I just looked that is pretty funny, all of Reddit is like fat people hate now that they banned the sub.

good but im still not going to visit reddit willingly

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah! gently caress those sites. How dare they!

So you see no problem with a site stealing peoples work and profiting off of it?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Ebaumsworld
Digg
9gag
Reddit

at least they don't also charge you to join

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Three Olives posted:

that many posts on the front three pages represents a concerted effort by, like, tens of thousands of ppl to make it clear how much they hate fat folks. that is absolutely insane and some kind of modern social phenomenon i dont know we even have a name for

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
The fact that they are spamming /r/all with their hate shows the kind of users and people they are. Haters and judgers. Not anyone I would want to associate with. Certainly not well adjusted kind people. They all sound like republicans TBQH.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

PerpetualSelf posted:

The fact that they are spamming /r/all with their hate shows the kind of users and people they are. Haters and judgers. Not anyone I would want to associate with. Certainly not well adjusted kind people. They all sound like republicans TBQH.

whats your BMI

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

I think I don't give a gently caress because it's reddit

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
does reddit still have lots of libertarians ? i would be shocked if not

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

PerpetualSelf posted:

Fats aren't people, it's ok to treat them like poo poo. Why should anyone treat them with the kind of decency and respect that they refuse to show their own body?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

So you see no problem with a site stealing peoples work and profiting off of it?

I don't see how you could come to that conclusion given my very angry post about it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

fatpeoplehate is a horrifying alternate reality where funny fat jokes morphed into some kind of lunatic vitriolic hatred that is way beyond anything i've ever really seen online. whenever someone makes racist, retarded, horrible posts on reddit you can find FPH posts in their history like two thirds of teh time

there's a whole little galaxy of gigantic rear end in a top hat subreddits

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
slashdot

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao though

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Three Olives posted:

Fats aren't people, it's ok to treat them like poo poo. Why should anyone treat them with the kind of decency and respect that they refuse to show their own body?

Just like Jews right?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Three Olives posted:

lol @ this coming from a moon faced human being like you

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
:quig:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh no there's literally no safe space on the internet to make fun of fat people now -- redditors

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

worst part about fat people hate is that it wasn't even funny, tehy had like four words they called fat people besides "it" and it was prolly the most humorless subreddit on the whole site

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I just make fun of fat people irl, everyone just applauds and gives me money when i do

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

thathonkey posted:

oh no there's literally no safe space on the internet to make fun of fat people now -- redditors

If Lowtax has any business savvy at all he'll change the SA slogan to "You can make fun of fat people here all you want"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If Lowtax has any business savvy at all he'll change the SA slogan to "You can make fun of fat people here all you want"

you mean if lowtax were alive still?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
If Reddit had also banned all the deeply racist poo poo and creepshot rehashes this would have actually been a good move. Instead, it just looks like some admin had his/her jimmies rustled.

On the bright side, it's funny watching fat people hate posters freaking the gently caress out. Anyone who posts somewhere like that consistently most likely has some serious issues. Making fun of fat people is fine and normal, dedicating large amounts of your time to doing so is loving weird.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

you mean if lowtax were alive still?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

wilderthanmild posted:

If Reddit had also banned all the deeply racist poo poo and creepshot rehashes this would have actually been a good move. Instead, it just looks like some admin had his/her jimmies rustled.

On the bright side, it's funny watching fat people hate posters freaking the gently caress out. Anyone who posts somewhere like that consistently most likely has some serious issues. Making fun of fat people is fine and normal, dedicating large amounts of your time to doing so is loving weird.

I would hope that this is step one in fixing all their poo poo and combing through the site. Maybe if Reddit got its own version of Something Sensitive it could be maybe okay.

Then again they gave the pedo guy and award so :pedophiles:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

worst part about fat people hate is that it wasn't even funny, tehy had like four words they called fat people besides "it" and it was prolly the most humorless subreddit on the whole site

The upside to the narrow and unoriginal set of terms of they used was that you could very easily pick out people who post there if they let it slip out irl. The only two people I every heard talk about "Hambeasts" or "hamplanets" or their favorite enemy Tess whateverthefuck were two guys who used to be super duper fat and had cut down to kind of chunky.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm all for making fun of fat people but like half the posts there were literally just angry screeds calling for their mass-execution. I dunno if I hate anything as much as these people apparently hate fat people it's a bit weird.

On the other hand I'm very much appreciating their combined meltdown, and am eagerly looking forward to seeing if the admins have any response to these people's renewed dedication to hating fat people almost as much as they now hate the very site they post on.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I would hope that this is step one in fixing all their poo poo and combing through the site. Maybe if Reddit got its own version of Something Sensitive it could be maybe okay.

Then again they gave the pedo guy and award so :pedophiles:

~ said by a confessed redditor with a anime avatar ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
the internet is loving gay

• Locked thread