Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Messi also has 50+ million more likes than LeBron as well. American Football quarterbacks, hockey players, baseball players, these athletes are no where even loving on the radar in terms of number of likes. And before anyone gets goony about it, yes facebook likes correlate with overall popularity of something even if you're a special butterfly without a facebook account (ironically these people are always the first to talk about how much they know about facebook when it's a constantly changing website and they haven't had an account in years or ever).

Soccer is way more popular than all of our american sports combined and still each time I go to a bar or restaurant to watch a big game some fat drunk american walks in with his offspring and says "HAHA, YOU GUYS ACTUALLY WATCH SOCCER" and then I have to get into a fistfight over sports yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
haha facebooks for fags.

no really though everyone knows football is by far the most popular sport.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
yes, international sports stars are more popular than a sports star that is predominantly watched by 1 country

:confused:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
real observant op

real observant

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Dang holmes no need to get goony about it

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
same here OP, i heavily favor the likes & upvotes of filthy brazilians, spainards, english and pretend they're human beings as well. Lol

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
and yet, no one in america gives a poo poo

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

and yet, no one in america gives a poo poo

i can't believe how much america centric poo poo is crammed into your username and avatar.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Redkist posted:

Messi also has 50+ million more likes than LeBron as well. American Football quarterbacks, hockey players, baseball players, these athletes are no where even loving on the radar in terms of number of likes. And before anyone gets goony about it, yes facebook likes correlate with overall popularity of something even if you're a special butterfly without a facebook account (ironically these people are always the first to talk about how much they know about facebook when it's a constantly changing website and they haven't had an account in years or ever).

Soccer is way more popular than all of our american sports combined and still each time I go to a bar or restaurant to watch a big game some fat drunk american walks in with his offspring and says "HAHA, YOU GUYS ACTUALLY WATCH SOCCER" and then I have to get into a fistfight over sports yet again.

K, good to know. I'll bring this up at Friday's staff meeting, you're an asset to the forums and we hope you keep up the good work.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'll give a poo poo about Ronaldo and Messi when they have their own flavor of Sprite.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
guy that eats neckbones and lives in a shack and knows exactly one game: ayyyy soccer is a way of life over here ayy

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
OP is 100% spot on, there's nothing really to argue about here, football (soccer) is the world's #1 popular sport. The rest of the world kind of laughs at the fact that America is so bad at it they have to make up their own version that nobody else wants to play on account of all the touching of male genitalia and advert breaks literally every 2 minutes.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Shirley Crabtree posted:

OP is 100% spot on, there's nothing really to argue about here, football (soccer) is the world's #1 popular sport. The rest of the world kind of laughs at the fact that America is so bad at it they have to make up their own version that nobody else wants to play on account of all the touching of male genitalia and advert breaks literally every 2 minutes.

i think its because we have smarter brains than you lol

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
The Olympics prove it - America is real bad at sports.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
i worry about the day that america gets good at soccer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dr. Carwash posted:

yes, international sports stars are more popular than a sports star that is predominantly watched by 1 country

:confused:

and disliked by much of that 1 country.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is this the eurotrash honey pot thread?

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Shirley Crabtree posted:

yeah. all im trying to say is that there is just no argument. I love hockey, I love basketball, but comparing them on any level to soccer, but poo poo man it's like some small local rapper compared to Jay-Z.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
imagine being one of those old egyptians or whatever that loves soccer. Meanwhile I'm over here like lol this is what you're into? This is what you like? Haha wow hey don't beat me to death for wearing the wrong soccer shirt grandpa

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
most popular sport. most best sport.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
17 million EUR (2014)
Cristiano Ronaldo, Salary

21.57 million USD (2015)
LeBron James, Salary

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Americans just don't give a gently caress how many mud dwellers love to kick a ball around. Afford some gear, play some real sports.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Knyteguy posted:

17 million EUR (2014)

21.57 million USD (2015)
LeBron James, Salary

Thank you for explaining to me why America has a higher level of child poverty than every single European country except Romania. Sort it out America.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
the only remaining argument for America as the world's greatest country is that we hate soccer the most

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Knyteguy posted:

17 million EUR (2014)

21.57 million USD (2015)
LeBron James, Salary

yeah but at the end of the day, ronaldo can lean back and check his facebook page, knowing that he's the better man

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
I have no idea who any of these people are. Of course I couldn't identify a Cardashian in a lineup either so wh

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Nodelphi posted:

I have no idea who any of these people are. Of course I couldn't identify a Cardashian in a lineup either so wh

They have those funny foreheads and were the antagonists on deep space nine iirc

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
kill yourself

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i dont know who either of those people are, but they probably suck worse than quentin tarantino and kevin smith anyways

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

Redkist posted:

You called it soccer so therefore you have proved the superiority of The America.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Soccer is for fags, op included

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Messi? Oh you mean that guy who, with the World Cup on the line, kicked the ball into the 5th row and lost the game? Good for him.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

thathonkey posted:

yeah but at the end of the day, ronaldo can lean back and check his facebook page, knowing that he's the better man

you have no idea how vain he is; he definitely does that

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Thank you for explaining to me why America has a higher level of child poverty than every single European country except Romania. Sort it out America.

can i get a link on this

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

NEither's been WWE Champion even once, so who gives a gently caress??

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

NEither's been WWE Champion even once, so who gives a gently caress??

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
even the rock only has 49 mil lmao joke numbers

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Redkist posted:

you have no idea how vain he is; he definitely does that

can i get a link on this

sure thing, and its from one of your fine publications too

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/map-how-35-countries-compare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

immigrants from mexico and descendants of slaves with 0 opportunities, what do you expect

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Redkist posted:

even the rock only has 49 mil lmao joke numbers

The Rock is probably much cooler than any sport player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
this is such a good thread, thanks op

• Locked thread