Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Dirty Beluga posted:

where did the load bearing drywall thing come from? Just re-read the original thread for shits and didn't see it.

Apart from some questionable decisions with the decorating, it looks no different than any other tan vinyl sided monstrosity seen in a typical subdivision.

dude built a sorta ugly house on his own with no code violations other than piddly crap that was easily fixed :shrug: idgi

My friend have u seen a house before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Dirty Beluga posted:

where did the load bearing drywall thing come from? Just re-read the original thread for shits and didn't see it.

Apart from some questionable decisions with the decorating, it looks no different than any other tan vinyl sided monstrosity seen in a typical subdivision.

dude built a sorta ugly house on his own with no code violations other than piddly crap that was easily fixed :shrug: idgi

Yeah Im all for the public shaming of a former admin but I've never really "gotten" the whole groverhaus thing. From the outside it just looks like a lovely generic house? I can't see the minute imperfections that other goons seem to go wild for

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Load bearing drywall is from the pictures that are labeled load bearing drywall hth

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Didn't he install outlets like every three feet and he got chewed out by the electrical inspector for that?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Three-Phase posted:

Didn't he install outlets like every three feet and he got chewed out by the electrical inspector for that?

That's dumb but doesn't really hold a candle to some of the stories of other mods like the goonette who farted so much her parrot would only talk in fart noises

Edit: IMHO ofc

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe

Three-Phase posted:

nah, he got bitched at for a mis-calculation with roof overhang, one wrong part used for a sewer tie-in and maybe two other minor infractions I can't recall. There is no limit on the number of outlets you can have as per NEC, however it's p retarded to put in as many as he did. Think the rule of thumb is 10-ish unless you want to actually do the math and work out max theoretical load per branch.

Captain Yossarian posted:

My friend have u seen a house before?

i live in one so yes. It is much better looking than urs.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
right now: 'lol grover built a a lovely house on a drained out swamp. everything about the house sucks holy poo poo'

in 30 years to annoyed adult child who is tired of this story: 'grover built a lovely house then he burned the siding off with his grill lmfao'

in 50 years decades after grover's house has been reclaimed by the swamp and most of the west coast is underwater, a rare moment of lucidity to care taker: 'c..come over here dearie.' 'closer.' 'grover built a piece of poo poo death trap house and it sucks balls lol'

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
sometimes i like to give military folk the benefit of the doubt, that maybe they weren't immoral monsters before enlisting, that their now-tenuous claim to the title "human" (if only by rough physical approximation, in cases where horns and scales have not yet sprouted) is due to the dehumanizing breakdown process of boot camp indoctrination. Then you realize grover isn't even in the military. He's just scum. Scum congealed into an uncanny-valley obscenity that mocks the form and function of human beings. It is an offense to life that he is permitted continued existence.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
keep going I'm almost there

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

bonvivant posted:

sometimes i like to give military folk the benefit of the doubt, that maybe they weren't immoral monsters before enlisting, that their now-tenuous claim to the title "human" (if only by rough physical approximation, in cases where horns and scales have not yet sprouted) is due to the dehumanizing breakdown process of boot camp indoctrination. Then you realize grover isn't even in the military. He's just scum. Scum congealed into an uncanny-valley obscenity that mocks the form and function of human beings. It is an offense to life that he is permitted continued existence.

same

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Dirty Beluga posted:

i live in one so yes. It is much better looking than urs.

I live in 3O's condo much better then g house

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bonvivant posted:

Grover was never in the military, which is a large part of why he melted down every week when he was the GiP mod since he was just a punch line that could press a probate button.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

bonvivant posted:

right now: 'lol grover built a a lovely house on a drained out swamp. everything about the house sucks holy poo poo'

in 30 years to annoyed adult child who is tired of this story: 'grover built a lovely house then he burned the siding off with his grill lmfao'

in 50 years decades after grover's house has been reclaimed by the swamp and most of the west coast is underwater, a rare moment of lucidity to care taker: 'c..come over here dearie.' 'closer.' 'grover built a piece of poo poo death trap house and it sucks balls lol'

this guy gets it

grover house is never not funny.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dirty Beluga posted:

This is the post that's usually quoted. I'm not really sure if he's talking about drywall though, maybe CDX? Anyways it's a death trap either way.

grover posted:

Edit: Oh, and the tie-in with the existing house! In my case, I decided it was easier just to put in a 2nd wall, as I would have had to dick too much with the roof to try to tie straight in; the existing footer wasn't really built for a 2-story house, either. This will also allow for the settling in the addition to (hopefuly) be even. I ended up undercutting my foundation and pouring a new footer about a foot deeper than the old footer, which the masons blocked up, with a 1" gap. Wasn't enough- the existing wall bowed in 1.5" which ended up messing with my new walls too, which sucked You can't tell in the finished house, but it was readily apparent when hanging the kitchen cabinets, and it still bothers me that my wall isn't perfectly plumb! The two walls are nailed together at several places, most notably, I nailed the the ceiling in the old kitchen to the header I put on the new wall when I broke the new opening between the two. I placed a 2x6 above the existing joists in the attic, used 16D nails to nail through to the new triped 2x12 header, and put on hurricane straps to support the existing joists. Then I knocked out the 2x4s holding the ceiling up. So, essentially, the ceiling is now suspected by hurricane straps from a board nailed through sheating into the other wall! I hope there isn't much settlings between the walls, heh.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
also an lf poster wrote a bunch of fanfiction posing as grover where he took the certifications so he could pass himself on his own inspections and it became canon, god isn't real, etc

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Libelous Slander posted:

also an lf poster wrote a bunch of fanfiction posing as grover where he took the certifications so he could pass himself on his own inspections and it became canon, god isn't real, etc

those posts were, to this day, some of the funniest poo poo I've ever read on SA.

So naturally the thread was gassed and everyone in it banned.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

That's dumb but doesn't really hold a candle to some of the stories of other mods like the goonette who farted so much her parrot would only talk in fart noises

Edit: IMHO ofc

a girl after my own heart

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zPiTHjzVI

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Dead Gay Romans posted:

those posts were, to this day, some of the funniest poo poo I've ever read on SA.

So naturally the thread was gassed and everyone in it banned.

Remember next time someone says that LF was closed because of secret service visits or something like that. The reason they closed that forum was because it made fun of the mod grover too much.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

from the GBS Institute of Art thread

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This thread was one of the key reasons lf got deleted too lol

also the fallout thread from the Secret Service subpoenas was great too

Pro Click: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3366232

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 20, 2015

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Remember next time someone says that LF was closed because of secret service visits or something like that. The reason they closed that forum was because it made fun of the mod grover too much.

He was demodded from gip after being made fun of almost always. In fact I think most of the groverhaus derision comes from gip hating him.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
nothing funny 'bout a man trying as best he can to do right by his family, getting pushed to the edge.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
The best thing about groverhaus is that it didn't pass inspection, so he went out and got his certification. So instead of fixing it, he just passed it himself as is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Also IRL stalking him.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

dougdrums posted:

He was demodded from gip after being made fun of almost always. In fact I think most of the groverhaus derision comes from gip hating him.

they also can't tell some idiot on an internet comedy forum to leave without being petulant crybabies about deserving respect lol

http://getridofgrover.blogspot.com/

quote:

Gover has offended and alienated many of the military members and GiP posters. For instance, he has stated that he is entitled to the respect of a senior military officer (Lt. Colonel) as a result of his civilian position - a suggestion that is genuinely insulting to military members and demonstrates a lack of character and understanding of the very forum population he’s supposed to be moderating. Grover’s self-righteous vanity (and apparent contempt for the military) dates back to the inception of GiP. Remember, this is who is moderating. He is not a positive representative for GiP and is not wanted: take a look at this thread from the first month of GiP’s existence. In situations where he’s unable to use his authority against his detractors and people do not fear (immediate) retaliation, he is largely incapable of taking part in the discussion due to others’ reactions to him. Still, he does not stray from targeting forums users who mock him in IRC (where he has no moderating power). This is highly inappropriate, as his authority is only relevant in GiP, and thus he should only consider posts in that sub-forum.

my lovely forum for racist jokes and murder stories :qq:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blistex posted:

The best thing about groverhaus is that it didn't pass inspection, so he went out and got his certification. So instead of fixing it, he just passed it himself as is.

he'd have a bright future in american politics

bonvivant posted:

they also can't tell some idiot on an internet comedy forum to leave without being petulant crybabies about deserving respect lol

http://getridofgrover.blogspot.com/

my lovely forum for racist jokes and murder stories :qq:

grover was a perfect match for gip, whoever chose him for that forum should be crowned eternal badmin

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

bonvivant posted:

yeah i agree with you on that, honestly yeah colonel grover was like the perfect match.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
how did grover come to mod gip?

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

lol I actually looked at this and it wasn't funny at all in fact I feel bad for whoever wrote it

I mean grover was a terrible mod but whoever wrote that takes the internet more seriously then flying a desk anyways.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Also IRL stalking him.

did ppl actually "stalk" him tho or did some idiots who live nearby just go take pictures of his abomination house? or just satisfy curiosity to see if it still stands?

or did some idiots actually harass him irl?

if it's the latter they aren't stalking anymore then Google Maps is.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

bonvivant posted:

a bonv post I like? what's happening to me!

bonvivant posted:

phew, all better

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

Dead Gay Romans posted:

did ppl actually "stalk" him tho or did some idiots who live nearby just go take pictures of his abomination house? or just satisfy curiosity to see if it still stands?

I don't remember a single person posting anything about where he lived or his name or whatever just the photos he was taking as he built the thing that he was putting here anyway

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
What was the story about this guy having to carry a printer to someone's house?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
why doesn't the murder zip line ever get any gbs mentions?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my favorite grover story was when he issued a mod challenge to caro, the incredibly mentally unbalanced goon who thought the cia was contacting him with microwave beams and died in a torture prison in syria. the mod challenge was to win a fight with a goon cop through martial prowess and of course caro was all loving pumped up, and of course no one fought him, and by the end of the thread caro was schooling everybody with his knowlegde of microwaves and theoretical physics or whatever and grover was sort of scratching his chin and go8ng, huh, you know thats right caro. anyway somebody goldmined it and now caro is dead. rest in peace sweet goon for you certainly knew no peace during your time on esrth

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Reminder that grover demanded that people call him staff sergeant because he claims that working as a computer janitor in a barracks as a civilian contractor is an equal to serving in the actual military and getting an actual title.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I liked the AC sensor that's sitting in direct sunlight. That's some good planning right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Dead Gay Romans posted:

now days it's considered "doxxing" to repost pictures goons posted on the forums willingly themselves so I would take that one with a grain of salt

• Locked thread