Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
gently caress Ted Turner. gently caress Eric Bitchoff. gently caress WCW.

... Where the Big Boys play... with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Gishin posted:

Is Jake the Snake still alive? That guy is such a sad, sad old man.

I mean literally sad. His life is depressing.

Dude, DDP is the loving patron saint of washed-up wrestlers. He rehabilitated Jake Roberts to the point where he could DDT Dean Ambrose and throw "Damien" on him.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 11, 2015

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Chris Benoit had the best finisher

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mr socko supremacy

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the people's elbow was dumb as gently caress -- like was he supposed to be having a seizure or sumthing

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How to kill people in wrestling and get away with it

Exhibit A:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02jM4Bats2w

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm partial to the big wiggle myself

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

In before someone posts that video of that dude dying right as Rey performed his dreaded San Diego Area Code move

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

it's the frankensteiner or any of the wacky cool aerial poo poo rey mysterio did

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Randy Orton is better at the diamond cutter than DDP ever was, there I said it. I don't even particularly like Randy Orton but drat he sure is great at doing the diamond cutter

But the actual best finisher ever was Jake the Snake's DDT.

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
Big leg drop

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
soccer is a dumb sport played by a bunch of fakers

*watches wrestling*
*is an idiot manchild*

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The DDT as invented by Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Nefarious posted:

*watches wrestling*
*is an idiot manchild*

:salt:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

amityville anus posted:

The DDT as invented by Jake "The Snake" Roberts

While possibly true at some point, the DDT is too exposed these to be taken seriously as a finisher.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like sweet chin music myself.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Package Piledriver

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
nWo Wolfpac 4 lyfe, dawg

(cue music)

Dammit_Carl! fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 11, 2015

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Any finisher move ever performed on Shawn Michaels

for some reason whenever he got hit he would do this weird thing where he would bounce all over the place like he lost control of his body.

Found one:

JakeP fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 11, 2015

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

DDP coming out of WCW a healthy, self-actualized person who can still capitalize on his image was the best finisher ever.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Dicere posted:

DDP coming out of WCW a healthy, self-actualized person who can still capitalize on his image was the best finisher ever.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

that just looks like a lovely version of this

imho

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Stunner is a way more badass version of the diamond cutter by a way cooler wrestling personality, that much is established

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Necros posted:

that just looks like a lovely version of this

imho

Yeah the one that requires a weak stomach kick and falling on your butt looks super cool, furthermore

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I think we can all agree that rock bottom was the dumbest finisher, but if it was followed by the people's elbow, the whole routine was sick

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Yeah the one that requires a weak stomach kick and falling on your butt looks super cool, furthermore

Its called opening a can of whoopass, so ya its pretty cool

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Tomato posted:

I think we can all agree that rock bottom was the dumbest finisher, but if it was followed by the people's elbow, the whole routine was sick

peoples elbow hurt so much more than all other elbows because of the theatrics involved so I have to agree, especially the part where he bounces off the ropes twice and then comes to a complete stop before performing the elbow

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Tomato posted:

no, people's elbow was dumb. a "finisher" that relies on your opponent lying immobile in the middle of the ring for 5 seconds? may was well pin him.

at least with the stunner you had the element of surprise

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

The stunner was great in its simplicity and solid execution. What a move.

Also rikishi

Edit: Scotty 2 hotty

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Harald posted:

no, people's elbow was dumb. a "finisher" that relies on your opponent lying immobile in the middle of the ring for 5 seconds? may was well pin him.

at least with the stunner you had the element of surprise

wow somebody doesn't understand martial arts

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Tiger Driver '91

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Chinaman7000 posted:

Edit: Scotty 2 hotty

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i dunno about cool but the one the guy is dropping peoples necks on his shoulder and the other one looks like theyre both just falling down

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i judge wrestling moves by which one looks like it would hurt more. if it wasnt FAKE AS HELL BITCH.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Necros posted:

i dunno about cool but the one the guy is dropping peoples necks on his shoulder and the other one looks like theyre both just falling down

Well looks like only one way to solve this. After school, my backyard...before my parents get home obviously.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
haha yeah just lay there while I run around the ring, wave my arms like a retard, then do a vanilla elbow drop on you

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious posted:

*watches wrestling*
*is an idiot manchild*

Soccer is for human being posters with wrong opinions about everything like yourself, whereas Wrestling is the sport of kings, and GBS its kingdom

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Well looks like only one way to solve this. After school, my backyard...before my parents get home obviously.

i have a trampoline at my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Necros posted:

i have a trampoline at my house

Ok, but I want any witnesses to remember this is being done on enemy territory. Provide kool-aid or coke, or you will be forever remembered as a bad host.

• Locked thread