Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

lonesomedwarf posted:

same. like near panic, total existential horror

I have to listen to the radio when I go to sleep at night because of this. It is pretty awful and I have been saddled with it since age 12 or so. I am in my mid 30s...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Have you tried listening to a different station?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

gannyGrabber posted:

Please refrain from suicide: You do not want to have a hosed up skeleton when you get to skeleton paradise

lol if you think that anything but a black void of nothingness awaits you upon death.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Nefarious posted:

i wish i'd had better resources on how to kill yourself efficiently back when i tried it. when you decide to off yourself because you're such a fuckup and then you gently caress up offing yourself, let me tell ya, it ain't no fun atoll

That's pretty common, it turns out the state of distress you have to be in to where your psyche will let you bypass self preservation instinct you tend not to be in a state that is conducive to being rational or completing tasks

gannyGrabber posted:

Please refrain from suicide: You do not want to have a hosed up skeleton when you get to skeleton paradise

hmm but what if you kill yourself with radiation and get a glowing skeleton? you really cant afford not to if you think abt it

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Horniest Manticore posted:

sinceritypost: i think there's something wrong with you if you have never seriously considered killing yourself at least once in your life.

I think this is what Socrates was talking about when he talked about "an unexamined life"

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Horniest Manticore posted:

sinceritypost: i think there's something wrong with you if you have never seriously considered killing yourself at least once in your life.

Actually sincere thoughts of suicide are indicative of acute mental illness and should be treated as soon as possible.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
If popular culture has taught me anything it's that suicide is depressing and tragic but as long as you spraypaint your teeth silver and scream WITNESS ME as you do it it loops around to being badass and awesome.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
that's true, the concept of valhalla is really cool

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I decided to do neither because I saw a really beautiful sunset today.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7SBQ6X5HU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nefarious posted:

i wish i'd had better resources on how to kill yourself efficiently back when i tried it. when you decide to off yourself because you're such a fuckup and then you gently caress up offing yourself, let me tell ya, it ain't no fun atoll

wait a minute, you're not enfield

what did your ill-advised attempt entail

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
down the road not across the street, op

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i never read that book the denial of death can someone summarize it and help us all get over our fear of death and drug addictions used to cope with this sad place

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Demonachizer posted:

I have to listen to the radio when I go to sleep at night because of this. It is pretty awful and I have been saddled with it since age 12 or so. I am in my mid 30s...

I get this sort of infrequently but it's definitely a "yep, gotta go listen to something dumb for 15 minutes to calm the gently caress down" thing

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Bolek posted:

All suicide advice and experiences to be routed through here. Post any guides and or info graphics here as well.

Just a little message to the trolls: "Think of all the people who this will affect" is living person reasoning not deadbro logic. Once you're dead you're not gonna give a gently caress so please fly off.

Thought about killing myself today. Then I remembered, hey at least I'm not the op. Will live another day so thanks.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Instead of killing yourself buy a gun and try to kill as many rich people and cops as you can before you're killed

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Jump off a balcony in front of kids to scar them

Shoot yourself while working at a suicide hotline

Overdose while getting a filling at the dentist

Get run over by a meals on wheels van

Open the door on a plane at 30,000 feet

Hail Satan

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

drive to any two lane highway with a 55mph speed limit

drive until you see an eighteen wheeler coming your way

floor it

at the last second, drift into the left lane and drive straight into its loving grill

edit: the driver of the truck will almost certain escape unharmed so there's no problem of taking some rando with you t
o hell

why go through all this trouble and endanger others when you can just gas yourself and die a painless death?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Chinatown posted:

realpost life is dope + good perhaps u should work harder drink more when not working its what i do and ya very happy or whatever

I need money to drink, rear end in a top hat.

But seriously. Nobody answered me in the last thread. Best way to suicide but still be able to donate your body to a med school? Anyone?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Put me back on suicide watch this naan bread was dry.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Nefarious posted:

yeah lol just ask enfield i mean who burns them self to death what a loving idiot

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

wait a minute, you're not enfield

what did your ill-advised attempt entail

gently caress

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
There should be an equal-time clause for suicide hotlines. Someone to talk you out of it, someone to talk you back into it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Nope! All good I just owned some guy in a puppet thread. These ups and downs are like a roller coaster.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Suicide is only selfish if you do it without taking some lovely television news pundit with you.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

ghlbtsk posted:

Suicide is only selfish if you do it without taking some lovely television news pundit with you.

It's never selfish.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

exspurt analcyst posted:

There should be an equal-time clause for suicide hotlines. Someone to talk you out of it, someone to talk you back into it.

to make an informed decision you really need to hear both sides

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zombie Boat posted:

Shoot yourself while working at a suicide hotline

:vince:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Demonachizer posted:

Same except I drink instead so that I don't wake up to an intense panic attack in the middle of the night about my inevitable and permanent death. I should see a doctor or something

The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/seppuku.htm

This is the best method.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

And I thought on the same page, there was a totally rad way of killing yourself.

Get yourself a piano wire noose and climb up a tree. Once everything is firmly secured around your neck and too the tree, crazy glue your hands to the sides of your head. Once it's set, jump, so when they find your body, it looks like you pulled your own head off.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
1/5 heard that one a hundred times.

Take a bunch of laxatives
Jump off a building as your stomach starts grumbling
See what fun art your stain can make

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit

ProperCoochie posted:

Lol, just lol if you don't think about driving into a wall at a high speed while holding a knife to your chest every day

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Lunixnerd posted:

There are more than 7 billion people alive at the moment, how special and unique are you that you need to keep on keepin' on? Just end it already, your life is a burden on those around you as well as the planet itself in general, go green, kill yourself.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

you first

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bolek
May 1, 2003

A lot of people are really touchy about being told to kill themselves. but are there any actual statistics on how likely some stranger telling them to definitely kill themselves for the greater good is to actually influence suicide? I mean, if you're gonna kill yourself that seems like a decision you make pretty rationally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread