Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Sour Diesel posted:

what's so bad about him as an oc? i thought he was just a poo poo head coach

He's not nearly as good of an OC as Kubiak is/was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
The Steelers offense has a decent chance at being the best in the league and the defense will probably take a step up, barring injuries. Butler isn't attached to the old cargo and has jettisoned off most of the dead weight and plans to be a lot more aggressive. When they blitzed a lot, the defense played a lot better. The front 7 should be pretty good, the secondary has two new corners, and Cortez Allen can't possibly be as bad as last year, and if he is, they have other options. They're going to be a good team barring injuries, even against a really tough schedule.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Steelers d is sus until they prove it, but yeah, the offensive could score 30+ every game.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I dunno, @ Rams and @ Pats sans Bell will be tough.

Not that I expect a Steelers fan to agree that the Ravens are better. Both teams think they are better than the other every year. fwiw I chalked it up as a one game difference.

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i believe in this man

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

The face that says "let's call a throwback screen on 3rd and 12."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It is the Rams year. Predicting them losing to the Flacos in the superbowl.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Oh god I forgot the Ravens have Trestman now hope you enjoy rarely running and a bazillion WR screens

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
NFC:
Packers
Giants
Rams
Panthers

WC:
Seahawks
Cardinals

AFC:
Bengals
Patriots
Chiefs
Colts

WC:
Broncos
Bills

Super bowl:
Rams 35, Patriots 7

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SlipUp posted:

I dunno, @ Rams and @ Pats sans Bell will be tough.

Not that I expect a Steelers fan to agree that the Ravens are better. Both teams think they are better than the other every year. fwiw I chalked it up as a one game difference.

Your defense is definitely better. Here's the thing tho, Steelers stole another 4.3, big bodied receiver in the 3rd. Not that Sammie Coates is a world beater, but just imagine a 4 wide set with not one, but 2 legit deep threats with special speed, plus A.B. and Le'Veon Bell. They could conceivably break scoring records. It may or may not happen, but that is a lot of people to cover for 3 downs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sammie Coates is garbage.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Sammie Coates is garbage.

being able to actually catch a ball is pretty important for a WR so I agree w/ this

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

That's what everyone said about Martavus Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin too. With the Steelers track record of developing wideouts, I wouldn't be too certain about Coates being garbage. Lol Bryant had 7 tds in 10 games last year, and he sucked in college too.

Oh, and if Todd Haley came up with even 1 or 2 effective plays for Dri Archer, he's got 4.2 speed lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My prediction is correct and while everyone will fawn over the Patriots finishing last in the division it'll then slowly dawn on them that the Steelers are the first seed as they bulldoze their way to another loving Superbowl win

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's what everyone said about Martavus Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin too. With the Steelers track record of developing wideouts, I wouldn't be too certain about Coates being garbage. Lol Bryant had 7 tds in 10 games last year, and he sucked in college too.

Oh, and if Todd Haley came up with even 1 or 2 effective plays for Dri Archer, he's got 4.2 speed lol

Sammie Coates had a drop rate that is like double what Kelvin Benjamin's was in college tho

his drop rate in 2014 was like 20% right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Kelvin's drop issues were concentration. He could reel off any miraculous catch he needed to, it was the simple crap he was inconsistent with.

Coates can't even claim that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I truly wouldn't be surprised if it's the Ravens' year. They need a passing game the same way the Steelers need defensive secondary play. If either or both get what they need, it could be another Steelers/Ravens AFCCG.

The Patriots lost their entire defensive secondary, and the Colts didn't improve either line significantly. It's great that Indy got some aging playmakers, but it isn't enough imo. Bengals, Bills and Dolphins could go deep in the playoffs too

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Like Coates cannot physically grasp the ball with his hands.

He might not have thumbs.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I truly wouldn't be surprised if it's the Ravens' year. They need a passing game the same way the Steelers need defensive secondary play. If either or both get what they need, it could be another Steelers/Ravens AFCCG.

The Patriots lost their entire defensive secondary, and the Colts didn't improve either line significantly. It's great that Indy got some aging playmakers, but it isn't enough imo. Bengals, Bills and Dolphins could go deep in the playoffs too

Even if Perriman ends up being Torrey 2.0 that'll still be a plus. I'm more interested in Maxx Williams, though.

Also it'll be another Ravens/Steelers AFCCG like the lord intended.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope the AFCCG is San Diego/Buffalo

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The Vikings will upset the Packers and take the NFC North.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Like Coates cannot physically grasp the ball with his hands.

He might not have thumbs.

It doesn't matter insofar as all he needs is a couple of 50+ yard receptions to command respect. Reminder that Ben's deep ball accuracy made Mike Wallace 13mil/year. Lol why are you acting like the Steelers even need Coates to do anything but occasionally contribute? A.B. was the best receiver in the NFL last year; all Coates has to do is draw coverage for real

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

why are you acting like the Steelers even need Coates to do anything but occasionally contribute?

I thought all he said was he thinks Coates is gonna suck, not that the Steelers need him to be good.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

AFC:
Patriots
Chiefs
Colts
Steelers

AFC WC:
Broncos
Dolphins

NFC:
Vikings
Seahawks
Cowboys
Panthers

NFC WC:
Packers
Bucs

Superbowl

Chiefs/Cowboys

Champion
Cowboys

E:

Random Predictions:

Alex Smith starts less than 16 games.
Peyton Manning leaves at least 3 games in the second half.
Tom Brady doesn't finish the season as the starter.
Tyrod Taylor starts at least 3 games.
RG3 posts his best stats since his rookie year.
Tom Brady only serves 2 games.
Justin Houston has no more than 12 sacks this season.
Vikings sweep the Packers.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 12, 2015

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ehud posted:

I thought all he said was he thinks Coates is gonna suck, not that the Steelers need him to be good.

I guess. It's pretty funny to me that Le'Veon Bell and LaGarette Blount put up 300+ yards themselves against Carolina in primetime last year, and my dude is talking smack

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Brannock posted:

The Vikings will upset the Packers and take the NFC North.

Hmm no. Also don't reverse jinx us you dummy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Patriots' offensive and defensive lines should be better this year. Cornerback is a tire fire, but they've been to the AFCC with worse. They signed like 4 different scrap heap guys who had "potential" 2 years ago who crashed and burned last year, so who knows, maybe they're about to Patriots way their way to a dozen interceptions!

This could also be the year where things finally fall apart, but I'm just gonna presume they get 11 wins, because of course they will.

Anyway,

AFC:
E:
Patriots (3)
Dolphins (6)
Bills
Jets

N:
Ravens (4)
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

S:
Colts (1)
Texans (5)
Jaguars
Titans

W:
Broncos (2)
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders

NFC
E:
Cowboys (3)
Giants
Eagles
Washington

N:
Packers (1)
Vikings (6)
Lions
Bears

S:
Falcons (4)
Panthers
Saints
Buccaneers

W:
Cardinals (2)
Seahawks (5)
Rams
49ers

WC:
Patriots over Dolphins
Texans over Ravens
Vikings over Cowboys
Falcons over Seahawks

Div:
Patriots over Broncos
Colts over Texans
Packers over Vikings
Falcons over Cardinals

Conf:
Patriots over Colts
Packers over Falcons

SB: Patriots over Packers

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I predict Jimmy G goes 3-1 and Shaugnessy pens a column titled Trade Tom Terrific.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Kelvin's drop issues were concentration. He could reel off any miraculous catch he needed to, it was the simple crap he was inconsistent with.

Coates can't even claim that.

So he's more like funchess

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

My prediction is correct and while everyone will fawn over the Patriots finishing last in the division it'll then slowly dawn on them that the Steelers are the first seed as they bulldoze their way to another loving Superbowl win

Nah this is the year where the Chiefs win a playoff game

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Chiefs will go 8-8 and draft 16th or 17th. I'm sure we'll eke out a surprise win against a better team (Detroit, maybe) and then drop an easy one to like Minnesota or Buffalo. Then we'll draft another o-lineman. Peace.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs will go 8-8 and draft 16th or 17th. I'm sure we'll eke out a surprise win against a better team (Detroit, maybe) and then drop an easy one to like Minnesota or Buffalo. Then we'll draft another o-lineman. Peace.

your last post, 1.5 hours earlier, has KC finishing 2nd in the entire AFC and making it to the Super Bowl

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at everyone buying into the Rams hype again. Haven't we learned our lesson by now?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

your last post, 1.5 hours earlier, has KC finishing 2nd in the entire AFC and making it to the Super Bowl

This shocks you?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Benne posted:

lol at everyone buying into the Rams hype again. Haven't we learned our lesson by now?
The Rams and the Bills will perpetually be preseason upside picks and then fail to meet all conceivable expectations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ozu posted:

The Rams and the Bills will perpetually be preseason upside picks and then fail to meet all conceivable expectations.

I thought those were the Dolphins and Texans?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Everyone should be stoked to watch the Nick Foles and Matt Cassel experience.

Cause it's either going to be glorious or a loving disaster...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

Betting against teams without a QB is the easiest way to sound correct.

... says the person who has the Texans in the divisional round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Everyone should be stoked to watch the Nick Foles and Tyrod Taylor experience.

fixed

• Locked thread