Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

your last post, 1.5 hours earlier, has KC finishing 2nd in the entire AFC and making it to the Super Bowl

lol

e: shouldn't have taken your word for it, that was No Butt Stuff's prediction not Parm's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao RG3 gets injured early in the season again and the team goes 3-13 .

:suicide:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TubeStank posted:

Hmm no. Also don't reverse jinx us you dummy.

No reverse jinx here. Vikings are putting together a very talented team, the Bears are going to be in a rebuild, the Lions just lost Suh and Fairley and their offense is inconsistent. If anyone in the North is going to knock off the Packers it's going to be Mike Zimmer. If AP had continued to sit out then I'd have a different take on this, but with him back for the Vikings they have all the pieces together to make something happen. It just mostly relies on Bridgewater continuing to progress in his second season which looks very likely.

This was not a professional analysis I'm just some schlub with a partly-informed opinion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Browns are going to go 1-15.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
AFC East:
Patriots don't make the playoffs.
Dolphins will win the division and the Bills will finished tied with the Pats for second.

AFC North:
It wouldn't surprise me to see Cincy, Pitt, or Baltimore win it. I think Cincy does.
Poor Browns probably won't win a divisional game.

AFC South:
Colts will run away with this division.
I can't take the Texans serious with that stable of QBs so I don't even seeing Watt dragging them to the playoffs.

AFC West:
The Chiefs and Chargers will challenge Denver for the division crown but fall short.
Raiders improve and finish 3-3 in the division.

NFC East:
Cowboys wrap this division up by week 15.
Eagles and Giants both finish 8-8

NFC North:
Packers easily win this division.
Vikings grab a wild card spot while the Lions take a step back.

NFC South:
Bucs win the south.
gently caress the rest of the NFC South.

NFC West:
Seahawks win the division. Rams finish second.
49ers are the disaster we all expect them to be.

AFCCG: Colts over Broncos
NFCCG: Packers over Seahawks
Super Bowl: Packers over Colts

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Intruder posted:

lol

e: shouldn't have taken your word for it, that was No Butt Stuff's prediction not Parm's

I got the Alex Smith avatars mixed up, I was interested that parm broke character and showed some optimism for his above-avg team for once

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
AFC
1. Colts
2. Bengals
3. Patriots*
4. Broncos
5. Texans (JJ Watt plays QB)
6. Chiefs

NFC
1. Cardinals (EAT poo poo SEAHAWKS)
2. Packers
3. Eagles (Chip could implode but I'm betting on him succeeding, because he's fun)
4. Panthers
5. Seahawks
6. Rams (NFC West supremacy)

AFC Wild Card
- Texans over Broncos (the Kubiak Bowl)
- Chiefs over Patriots

AFC Divisional
- Colts over Chiefs
- Texans over Bengals (thus has it always been and thus shall it ever be)

AFC Championship
- Colts over Texans (thus has it always been and thus shall it ever be)

NFC Wild Card
- Seahawks over Panthers
- Eagles over Rams (Foles and Bradford)

NFC Divisional
- Cardinals over Seahawks
- Eagles over Packers

NFC Championship
- Cardinals over Eagles (a repeat of 2008!)

Super Bowl
- Cardinals over Colts

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I got the Alex Smith avatars mixed up, I was interested that parm broke character and showed some optimism for his above-avg team for once

oh yeah, we ALL look the same to you, huh racist?!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
AFCN
1 Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

AFCS
2 Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags

AFCE
4 Dolphins
6 Patriots
Bills
Jets

AFCW
3 Chargers
5 Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

NFCN
1 Packers
Lions
Vikings
Bears

NFCS
3 Panthers
5 Falcons
6 Saints
Bucs

NFCE
2 Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Washington

NFCW
4 Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals
49ers

Playoffs
WC:
Pats Beat Chargers
Broncos Beat Dolphins
Panthers Beat Saints
Seahawks Beat Falcons

Div:
Ravens beat Pats
Colts beat Broncos
Packers Beat Seahawks
Cowboys beat Panthers

Champ:
Ravens over Colts
Packers over Cowboys

SB
Packers Win

1st overall pick: Jacksonville
MVP: Rodgers
OPOTY: Rodgers
DPOTY: JJ Watt
OROTY: Mariota
DROTY: Shaq Thompson
CBPOTY: Palmer

Remember that the two South divisions play each other, and for a few years the NFC division that plays the AFCS has filled both WC spots.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Remember that the two South divisions play each other, and for a few years the NFC division that plays the AFCS has filled both WC spots.

this is the year that doesn't happen, i swear

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Anaranjado posted:

I predict Jimmy G goes 3-1 and Shaugnessy pens a column titled Trade Tom Terrific.

I mean you know... he might be right if he plays really well.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

your last post, 1.5 hours earlier, has KC finishing 2nd in the entire AFC and making it to the Super Bowl

lol you made me think I was going crazy. If Chase starts we for sure make the playoffs though. Maybe we finally beat the Broncos too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chiefs will finish 6-10

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Brannock posted:

No reverse jinx here. Vikings are putting together a very talented team, the Bears are going to be in a rebuild, the Lions just lost Suh and Fairley and their offense is inconsistent. If anyone in the North is going to knock off the Packers it's going to be Mike Zimmer. If AP had continued to sit out then I'd have a different take on this, but with him back for the Vikings they have all the pieces together to make something happen. It just mostly relies on Bridgewater continuing to progress in his second season which looks very likely.

This was not a professional analysis I'm just some schlub with a partly-informed opinion.

Short of an explosion of injuries the Packers have the north. The Vikings are putting together a good team sure but it's not as good as Green Bay.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

There's a difference between a team that could be good and a team that's actually good. I say this because the Vikings worry me, but it's true.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ross Angeles posted:

The Chiefs will finish 6-10

At my most pessimistic, I believe this as well. Our schedule is mad hard all the way through. If someone like Houston or Charles or Kelce go down, we could hit that pretty quickly. That said, if we go 6-10 because we beat the Broncos, Raiders, Ravens and Steelers, then I will never shut up about it so if we're going to suck, let's just do that.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Did we have a thread like this for last season? I was kind of curious about going back and seeing how good or bad the goon hivemind is at picking winners

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GNU Order posted:

Did we have a thread like this for last season? I was kind of curious about going back and seeing how good or bad the goon hivemind is at picking winners

Right here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3619325

I had the Patriots winning the Superbowl because I do every year, and I think i was pretty close, having them beat the Eagles, who each beat the Chargers and Bears in the conference championship games.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Thanks, I got bored and did what any upstart nerd should do, make a spreadsheet

green if you got it right, yellow if they made the playoffs but not where you said, and red is rong.

Not a lot of people actually gave full playoff predictions so do more this year so we can see how totally wrong we are

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
AFC East
Patriots 11-5
Dolphins 10-6
Bills 9-7
Jets 4-12

AFC North
Ravens 11-5
Steelers 11-5
Bengals 10-6
Browns 5-11

AFC South
Colts 12-4
Jaguars 8-8
Texans 7-9
Titans 4-12

AFC West
Broncos 11-5
Chargers 10-6
Chiefs 8-8
Raiders 7-9

NFC East
Cowboys 11-5
Eagles 9-7
Giants 7-9
Redskins 5-11

NFC North
Packers 13-3
Vikings 9-7
Lions 9-7
Bears 4-12

NFC South
Panthers 11-5
Falcons 9-7
Saints 6-10
Buccaneers 4-12

NFC West
Seahawks 11-5
Cardinals 10-6
Rams 8-8
49ers 3-13

I think it will be Packers vs. Colts in the Super Bowl and the Packers will win.

As a Seahawks fan my prediction on their record is based on Marshawn and Russell Wilson being healthy. If either goes down I think they finish 9-7 at best.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
On suggestion of GNU Order, here are my playoff predictions.

Wild Card

Pittsburgh over San Diego
Denver over Baltimore
Seattle over Chicago
Atlanta over New Orleans

Divisional

Pittsburgh over Indianapolis
New England over Denver
Seattle over Philadelphia
Green Bay over Atlanta

Conference

Pittsburgh over New England
Green Bay over Seattle

Super Bowl 50

Green Bay over Pittsburgh

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

AFC
1. Indianapolis
2. Baltimore
3. New England
4. Denver
5. Miami
6. Pittsburgh

NFC
1. Green Bay
2. Dallas
3. Arizona
4. Carolina
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

Wild Card Round

Miami @ Denver
Pittsburgh @ New England

Seattle @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Arizona

Divisional Round

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis
Miami @ Baltimore

Carolina @ Green Bay
Arizona @ Dallas

AFC Championship

Baltimore @ Indianapolis

NFC Championship

Dallas @ Green Bay

Super Bowl 50

Green Bay vs. Indianapolis

My hedge is that New England will stumble into yet another AFCCG while Seattle will be the first seed in the NFC due to a series of absurd injuries and unfortunate tie breakers, but Green Bay will ultimately prevail over Pittsburgh because the NFL wants a marquee match up for Super Bowl 50.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Whatever happens this season, I hope Tom Brady retires after losing the Super Bowl in a spectacular fashion.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

King Hong Kong posted:

AFC
1. Indianapolis
2. Baltimore
3. New England
4. Denver
5. Miami
6. Pittsburgh

NFC
1. Green Bay
2. Dallas
3. Arizona
4. Carolina
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

Wild Card Round

Miami @ Denver
Pittsburgh @ New England

Seattle @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Arizona

Divisional Round

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis
Miami @ Baltimore

Carolina @ Green Bay
Arizona @ Dallas

AFC Championship

Baltimore @ Indianapolis

NFC Championship

Dallas @ Green Bay

Super Bowl 50

Green Bay vs. Indianapolis

My hedge is that New England will stumble into yet another AFCCG while Seattle will be the first seed in the NFC due to a series of absurd injuries and unfortunate tie breakers, but Green Bay will ultimately prevail over Pittsburgh because the NFL wants a marquee match up for Super Bowl 50.

I don't think I could handle my 2nd favorite team beating my favorite team in another super bowl, but you have Green Bay and Indy in the big dance.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod posted:

NFC East: Eagles
(1)
NFC West: Cardinals
(4)
NFC North: Packers
(3)
NFC: South: Panthers
(2)
Wildcard: Giants(5)(every 4 years bullshit), Seahawks
(6)

AFC East: Bills (4)(I wanna believe)
AFC North: Ravens
(2)
AFC South: Texans
(3)
AFC West: Broncos
(1)
Wildcard: Chiefs(5), Colts (6)

Afc championship game: Ravens at Denver

Nfc championship game: Giants at Packers

Super Bowl: Giants vs Ravens

Super Bowl champion: Giants

Metapod fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 13, 2015

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Reading this thread, a lot of you have Pittsburgh finishing 3rd or worse in the division, ostensibly based on the brutal schedule, yet the rest of the division has to play the same teams. Do y'all really expect the Andy Dalton Bengals to fare better than the Steelers vs the AFC and NFC West?

Idgi

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Alright let's do this

NFC
1. Cowboys
2. Packers
3. Cardinals
4. Panthers
5. Seahawks
6. Eagles

AFC
1. Colts
2. Broncos
3. Patriots
4. Benagls
5. Steelers
6. Bills (this is the year, believe in the dark horse)

my playoffs looked a bit too much like last year, so I mixed some stuff around that I thought was still in the realm of plausibility

Super Bowl - Cowboys beat Patriots
2016 #1 Draft Pick - Jets

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Another prediction for the Super Bowl: it is going to be raining and miserable because of El Niņo and the game will be awful.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
East: dolphins
north: Ravens
South: Texans
West: Raiders
Wild card: Patriots & Broncos

East: Cowboys
North: Packers
South: Panthers
West: Seahawks
Wild card: Rams & Cardinals

Super Bowl: Raiders over Cowboys

Worst to first

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
^^ :golfclap:

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Reading this thread, a lot of you have Pittsburgh finishing 3rd or worse in the division, ostensibly based on the brutal schedule, yet the rest of the division has to play the same teams. Do y'all really expect the Andy Dalton Bengals to fare better than the Steelers vs the AFC and NFC West?

Idgi

Their defense is poo poo, hth

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Bradford gets injured by game 3, Sanchez Sanchezes, Eagles go 4-12. Chip is run out of Philly by a mob of battery wielding Fanatics. EDP whines on youtube again, Steelers take it this year.

The status quo never changes.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Forceholy posted:

Bradford gets injured by game 3, Sanchez Sanchezes, Eagles go 4-12. Chip is run out of Philly by a mob of battery wielding Fanatics. EDP whines on youtube again, Steelers take it this year.

The status quo never changes.

You forget the part where Sanchez is pulled in the last game and Tebow has a six touchdown performance, gets resigned for 3 years and then wins 16 games in a row

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
AFC East

1. New England 11-5
2. Miami 8-8
3. Buffalo 7-9
4. New York 7-9

Until further notice, aka when it finally doesn't happen, the Patriots are still kings of the AFC East. Assuming Tom Brady's suspension holds up, I think they go 2-2 in those first four games. The rest of the division will play a little better than in previous years, but New York and Buffalo still don't have quarterbacks. They'd finish with worse records but I'm giving them the benefit of playing against the AFC South and thus finishing about two games better than normal. Miami is a bit of an enigma.

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh 10-6
2. Baltimore 9-7*
3. Cleveland 6-10
4. Cincinnati 6-10

Last year the AFC North sent three teams to the playoffs. This year, they'll only send two because they aren't playing the two bottom feeding divisions in the league. Pittsburgh's offense is going to be one of the best in the league this year, and I'll give them the edge over the Ravens because Ben is better than Flacco. Baltimore will definitely be in contention right up to the end of the season, but the Steelers will win out. This is gonna be the year that the Bengals finally crater and fire Marvin Lewis, and Cleveland will be ecstatic with a 6-10 finish. I really like the Browns' defense.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis 13-3
2. Tennessee 7-9
3. Houston 5-11
4. Jacksonville 4-12

This division is putrid. The Colts should have it locked up by Halloween and can put it on cruise control toward the #1 seed in the AFC. I like Tennessee to take a step forward this year with Mariota, and Houston to fall back because they are literally incapable of getting anyone that knows how to play quarterback. No more Andre Johnson and Foster is another year older. I don't care how good Watt is. Jacksonville... Sigh.

AFC West

1. San Diego 11-5
2. Denver 10-6*
3. Kansas City 6-10
4. Oakland 5-11

Homerish, but also based in what I saw this offseason. The Chargers improved on the OL, the backfield, the WR position, special teams, and are getting a whole bunch of good players back from injury. Coupled with the fact that Denver lost a bunch in free agency, and their offensive line is in shambles with Clady going down, not to mention Peyton being another year older, and I think the Chargers will push through in what's probably their last year in San Diego. My brain refuses to acknowledge the Chiefs as good. The defense will still be great, but that offense, eesh. Oakland will improve and will probably win the division in the next two years. Not yet though.

NFC East

1. Dallas 12-4
2. New York 9-7
3. Philadelphia 8-8
4. Washington 4-12

Dallas continues to boast the top offensive line in the NFL, and I think that will mask the deficiencies at the running back position from last season. I also think that a full year of digesting the new system will be good for Eli Manning as well as OBJ. Philadelphia's offseason is kind of underwhelming, but I don't buy into people just thinking that they're going to crater. And Washington... eesh. RG3 is not good, and I don't see much more to get excited about.

NFC North

1. Green Bay 12-4
2. Minnesota 9-7*
3. Detroit 9-7
4. Chicago 3-13

I think that the NFC North will quietly be the best division in the NFL. The Packers are the clear cut favorite because they have the best QB in the NFL, but I think Minnesota will take big steps forward with Teddy in his second year, and Peterson back on the field. Detroit will be right there too, but Stafford is underwhelming and puts up tons of volume passing stats with no real substance, and we'll see how their defense looks with the free agent departures. It's going to be a long winter in Chicago.

NFC South

1. New Orleans 11-5
2. Carolina 9-7
3. Atlanta 6-10
4. Tampa Bay 5-11

Lost in the fact that the NFC South was putrid last year, was the fact that Drew Brees had a very very good year. I see no reason why that'll change, just that it'll probably translate into more wins this year. I really like the Panthers' defense and Cam, so picking them 2nd doesn't seem like a big stretch. Atlanta is just really kind of meh and I think Tampa will win a couple of games based on Winston being Winston.

NFC West

1. Seattle 12-4
2. Arizona 10-6*
3. St. Louis 7-9
4. San Francisco 5-11

The 49ers implosion in the last six months has been unreal to watch. They're going to absolutely crater this season and the ensuing press conferences with Tomsula are going to be hilarious. Seattle will keep being very good, as should Arizona with Carson Palmer back healthy again. It's trendy every offseason to pick the Rams as a dark horse, but I'm not falling for it again.

Playoffs:

AFC:

1. Indianapolis
2. New England
3. San Diego
4. Pittsburgh
5. Denver
6. Baltimore

NFC:

1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Green Bay
4. New Orleans
5. Arizona
6. Minnesota

Wild Card:

(3)San Diego over (6)Baltimore
(4)Pittsburgh over (5)Denver

(3)Green Bay over (6)Minnesota
(5)Arizona over (4)New Orleans

Divisional:

(2)New England over (3)San Diego
(4)Pittsburgh over (1)Indianapolis

(1)Dallas over (5)Arizona
(2)Seattle over (3)Green Bay

Championship:

(2)New England over (4)Pittsburgh
(1)Dallas over (2)Seattle

Superbowl 50:

Dallas over New England

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I would rather have the titans go 3-13 than see new england Pittsburgh Dallas and Seattle all be in the conference championship game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Superbowl 50:

Dallas over New England

this would do a lot for me and my crusade to convince everyone at work that tony romo is a good quarterback

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

this would do a lot for me and my crusade to convince everyone at work that tony romo is a good quarterback

Just tell them to watch him play and if they still feel that way sever

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tom Gorman posted:

Hey guys!

I've only been following the NFL for the last couple months and I live in Ohio so obviously the Browns are my team.I still haven't figured out how the divisions work, who goes where and all that jazz.

I guess my runner up team is the Dallas Cowboys, if I had to pick one. Looking forward to 2015!

Tom Gorman posted:

obviously the Browns are my team.

*slowmo jumping into front of a bullet* Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
AFC:
Patriots
Ravens
Colts
Broncos

NFC:
Eagles
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks (gently caress you and gently caress me for predicting this, I hope the Rams destroy you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idgi

Pats and Colts vs *Insert AFC:E/S scrub here*

It's the reason the Bengals couldn't hold the division last year. Of course the loving lucky rear end Steelers get a Tom-ectomied Pats for their shot but the Colts are way, way better than the rest of their division. The best argument for the Ravens winning the division is that Pit has Pats/Colts, the Bengals have Bills/Texans while the Ravens get Jags/Fins.

• Locked thread