Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

Since you want to be a big crybaby,

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Winston was known to crack under pressure in college

Ah, the old last game you played was the most important.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

Winston was known to crack under pressure in college

wait what

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

korrandark posted:

Ah, the old last game you played was the most important.

Russell Wilson was the worst active QB in the league last time he played. :sigh: Better call Cam.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Marcus Mariota's last pass in college was an INT, what a choke artist.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Im just happy to get quality analysis versus chippy bullshit.

Winston was never known for anything but elevating himself above the game so Im confused as well

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Im just happy to get quality analysis versus chippy bullshit.

Winston was never known for anything but elevating himself above the game so Im confused as well

I mean he only looked super human last year because he was digging his team out of the holes that he had a giant hand in creating

That's kinda the opposite of cracking under pressure

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i knew we were going to get a josh-norman-heavy explanation there

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BlindSite posted:

meltdown actual

:captainpop:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
My prediction:

The Patriots go 13-3 and make it to the Super Bowl. They then probably lose but the whole thing still pisses a whole lot of people off. And if somehow they win, Belichick literally tells Goodell to go gently caress himself on live TV ala Tom Jackson.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

BlindSite posted:

The tight end position is also really good....Ed Dickson who's been solid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are going to do pretty well this year. As bad as Byron Belle was last year the rest of the line was on point and is actually quite good. As bad as their WRs last year there were two 1,000 yard receivers, and that's with two games of Derek Anderson. Where they're good, they're really loving good. And Carolina plays the AFC South and NFC East, so there are free games on the schedule.

Tampa had a lot of close games last year but their schedule was dogshit, and even with it they gave up the eighth most points and yards on the other side of the ball. I don't know if a QB fixes both those things. The problems in Tampa are the owners.

Atlanta doesn't have any dudes. they need another draft. If you're picking Atlanta to win you're also picking Quinn to be coach of the year and Pioli to be exec of the year. Let that sink in.

No one is quite sure what's going on in New Orleans, but it looks like they're trying to construct a team built entirely of wheel routes out of the backfield. And their first or second best defender has a mysterious pec injury he won't talk about and might be suspended for beating up a woman so who knows!

I just want the Panthers to beat the loving seahawks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

There are a couple other things he's known for.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Raiders are going to win 6 or 7 this year and look like a team on the upswing. We'll finally be able to use all our cash to get some quality free agents. After Peyton retires, Rivers gets traded, and KC underperforms (again), Raiders win the division in 2016.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ozu posted:

There are a couple other things he's known for.

Touché

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

The problems in Tampa are the owners.

Go on...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Raiders are going to win 6 or 7 this year and look like a team on the upswing. We'll finally be able to use all our cash to get some quality free agents. After Peyton retires, Rivers gets traded, and KC underperforms (again), Raiders win the division in 2016.

Lol, Rivers being traded

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I predict that, after the 2015 season, no team will have more Super Bowl titles than God's own team, the PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

Nor will any team have more total wins, playoff wins, or division titles since the merger than the Lord's Chosen PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

(The Steelers will go like 7-9)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do you disagree? I mean we could go in to it but I thought that was pretty self evident at this point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I predict that, after the 2015 season, no team will have more Super Bowl titles than God's own team, the PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

Nor will any team have more total wins, playoff wins, or division titles since the merger than the Lord's Chosen PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

Really going out on a limb to predict that San Francisco or Dallas can't somehow win two superbowls in one year

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol, Rivers being traded

He'll consent to being Carr's backup out of sheer spite since he'll be in LA anyway

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you disagree? I mean we could go in to it but I thought that was pretty self evident at this point.

I guess I'm just curious where exactly you're going with this. They've shown recently they will spend. They don't meddle in the front office and with personnel. They've upgraded facilities recently. They were once an issue, but I don't think that's really an excuse anymore.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

You know I thought BlindSite's whole thing was a thinly veiled joke and the Winston "crack under pressure" line was a somewhat less thinly veiled joke about crab legs and these things:

But yeah maybe not I don't know

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol, Rivers being traded

He doesn't want to play in LA. He's going to get tagged and traded next year.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

No Safe Word posted:

You know I thought BlindSite's whole thing was a thinly veiled joke and the Winston "crack under pressure" line was a somewhat less thinly veiled joke about crab legs and these things:

But yeah maybe not I don't know

:lol: I didn't even think about that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I'm sure the guy who was furious enough to have to post out his opinion is making thinly veiled meta jokes.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I know he most likely didn't even think about that while posting, but it still doesn't make it not funny.

Did you lose a big case today or something?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

He doesn't want to play in LA. He's going to get tagged and traded next year.

He's either going to retire or play for the Chargers next year, no matter where they are.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A Man and his dog posted:

I know he most likely didn't even think about that while posting, but it still doesn't make it not funny.

Did you lose a big case today or something?

I wasn't commenting on it being funny or not funny. It was. I was just calling the very obvious "yeah he wasn't trying to be clever"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

That's a stretch

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
A stretch like how you have to stretch crab legs off of a crab before you crack them

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Magicpants posted:

A stretch like how you have to stretch crab legs off of a crab before you crack them

:pusheen:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Joking aside i like big over-informative posts about other teams. Thanks to TFF my football friends think I'm some all-knowing resource on the NFL. The downside is I feel like a total sperg when I'm talking about football with a friend and say something like "Next week is going to be tough on your team with x player injured" and they have no clue who I'm talking about.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I thought everyone was being really chicken littley about how bad the Bears will be, but then I looked at the schedule and they will legit be lucky to win five games. Too bad they missed out on drafting NFL superstar quarterback Trevor Siemian this year, though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

R.D. Mangles posted:

I thought everyone was being really chicken littley about how bad the Bears will be, but then I looked at the schedule and they will legit be lucky to win five games. Too bad they missed out on drafting NFL superstar quarterback Trevor Siemian this year, though.

They'll be ok they drafted a wide receiver that knows almost two routes and can work on an entire side of the field! So long as Cutler doesn't need to throw left for some reason they'll be unstoppable

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cutler will carry the bears to 9 wins but will singlehandedly lose some games and it will be his fault Chicago isn't in the playoffs according to the media

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

probably a reference to

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

computer parts posted:

probably a reference to

lol he lost one game ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sour Diesel posted:

Joking aside i like big over-informative posts about other teams. Thanks to TFF my football friends think I'm some all-knowing resource on the NFL. The downside is I feel like a total sperg when I'm talking about football with a friend and say something like "Next week is going to be tough on your team with x player injured" and they have no clue who I'm talking about.

It's easily the best part of TFF - the knowledge from people who watch the teams inside and out. It's why mega homers are easy to spot because a few people actually follow other teams and can laugh when someone claims Dallas Thomas is about to turn the corner at guard.

But this is a bad example BECAUSE HE WILL

• Locked thread