Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2015 League Page

Draft Order

1. Johnny Football Rehab - jabro
2. farting is such sweet sorrow - bigfoot again
3. $$ Disposable Income $$ - OhSnapGangsta
4. :3 - Papes
5. Team PUP List - isnt that right
6. Love In An Elevator - Sataere
7. lovely Diaper Squad - Anderron Shi
8. Newtonian Fluids - Alucard
9. THE MOST GLORIOUS TEAM IN EXISTENCE - Azhais
10. FergSquad - frgrbrgr
11. Old Men Having Sex - Nawid
12. Crabcakes & Football - Beer4TheBeerGod

Commissioners
Beer4TheBeerGod for League Management, Finances
Alucard, Nawid, bigfoot again for Trade Approval, In-Season Decisions

The Draft
Rookie/free agent draft will be held each summer. All players not kept on a roster, and all rookies entering the league will be eligible for the draft. There will be 8 rounds, and future picks may be traded at any time, up to 2 seasons in advance. Each player has 8 hours You can make a draft list (for your own reference), and can also make pre-selections on your draft page (under FOR OWNERS on the top bar). Note that if you make a pre-selection it will automatically pick that player when your turn comes up (and you can rank them in order of preference if you're setting it in advance). I urge you to do this, especially if you expect to be away for more than 8 hours. If you time out, the top player on your draft list will be selected for you. If you have no draft list, then other people can jump your pick. All free agents and rookies are available in this draft. You may keep picking until you have 24 players rostered. Your picks after that will be skipped. Then we will move to waivers which will continue through the offseason and beyond. Happy drafting!

The Rules
24 man roster limit. 16 players may be kept from year to year with no limit on number of years a player may be kept. Each team has two injured reserve slots that do not count toward the roster limit. These can only be used for players who are on actual injured reserve. Players on IR may be kept among (but not in addition to) the 16 players retained for the next year.

Starting Lineup: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST
Starting lineups may be changed up until the scheduled start of an individual player's game. So after the early game you can still swap players in and out as long as they weren't involved in that game.

Scoring is a fairly typical 0.5 PPR set, actual values can be found here.

Waivers & Trades
All players are locked when their game kicks off. Waiver requests are allowed from that time until waivers are processed on Wednesday at 8.30pm EST. When you select a player off waivers, you jump to the back of the waiver queue. Between waiver processing and game kickoffs, players are available first come first serve. If a player is dropped from a roster he is locked and will pass through the waiver system. No trades between the start of week 12 and end of week 16 of regular season.

Championship
Three division winners and top scorer of the remaining teams qualify for playoffs. Playoffs are seeded by score and take place in week 15 and 16. Teams finishing 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 will play off in week 16 for draft picks 7/8, 5/6, 3/4, 1/2, with the winner getting the higher pick. Semi-final losers will playoff for picks 9&10 in the same way Superbowl winner picks last, however.

The prize pool is $240. Superbowl Bluntmaster Classic winner takes $120. Highest point scorer for the season (Weeks 1-16) wins $60 (if top scorer wins the Bluntmaster Classic he wins $180). Superbowl Bluntmaster Classic Runner up wins $60. Payouts to be made before kickoff week 17. If Bluntmaster classic is tied I guess the teams get 45 bucks each. Note that the points prize goes to the top scorer over weeks 1-16. If you do not qualify for the playoffs, you are still eligible for the points prize, and should set lineups for playoff weeks if you want a chance to win.

Bylaws
No tanking games. If the commissioners agree a player has deliberately lost a game (ie by starting players on a bye) they may remove a draft pick from the offender at their discretion. Commissioners must announce that they are considering a case before coming to a decision. A decision to dock draft picks may be overturned by majority vote of league members. This rule should not be invoked for 'weird' or questionable starting decisions, only for players who are blatantly not playing that week when a valid starter is available on that team's roster. However, if a team is unable, to fill a starting spot because all their players for that position are injured or on bye that week, that team is not required to pick up a replacement starter, and may start a player who is injured/on bye. That is, you can manage your roster how you like, but you have to make reasonable effort to start the best players on your roster. Nobody has the right to tell you who those best players are.

Any complaints, problems or anything else may be raised in thread or privately with the commissioner(s). Trades can be vetoed only in case of likely collusion and only if all three commissioners agree. In a dynasty league, the element of time means this will rarely happen, as there's always a chance some unknown rookie will turn out to be a goldmine. If a play suspects collusion of a trade involving a commissioner, they may call a league vote. The trade will be overturned if a majority of players not involved in the trade agree. Once league rules are agreed the commishes may not change them without consultation and agreement from the rest of the league. No changes to scoring rules etc to be made during season. Any dispute not anticipated will be adjudicated by the three commissioners by consensus if possible, by majority vote if not. Any dispute not anticipated and involving one or more commissioners will be adjudicated first by remaining commissioners if possible, and by league vote if not.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

I very much regret not having the sixth overall pick with the rookie class that will be available. :(

From last thread :(

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I love that I looked at my list for who I should be dropping and 6 guys are already not on rosters. That bodes well for the coming season. :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It just makes your life easier. As always I'm up for trade offers if anyone has some thoughts.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yes, the man is always up for trade offers to rob us little people blind.

(In all honestly, I still think in two years our trade will end up being a wash. Christine Michaels 4 LYFE!)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Let is be known that all my players are available for the right price. The right price being Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently Nawid wants to move up. I wonder what I can get for a 6th overall pick that someone was generous enough to trade me?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Nawid wants to move up. I wonder what I can get for a 6th overall pick that someone was generous enough to trade me?

You could get Christine Michael and Cameron Jordon!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

You could get Christine Michael and Cameron Jordon!

Pretty sure that would cost me a 2nd rounder as well.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Josh Gordon i'll trade for the year but you gotta trade me back

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Hi Thread.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Frgrbrgr posted:

Josh Gordon i'll trade for the year but you gotta trade me back

Sure I'll take him off your hands for a 6th and next year the interest will amount to a 1st

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like we need two replacement coaches. One for Nybble, and I haven't heard back from OhSnapGangsta but it sounded like he was out as well.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Have we figured out a draft date yet?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Last year it was mid-August. We need to get two new owners and then decide on a date.

Question 1: Do we draft before Training Camp?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lemme know if you need a warm body Beer. What's one or two more dynasty leagues?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

Lemme know if you need a warm body Beer. What's one or two more dynasty leagues?

One of us...

Pick a team.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One of us...

Pick a team.

Nybble

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Sorry, I've been super busy this past week! I'm still in it. Don't give my team away. :ohdear:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Sorry, I've been super busy this past week! I'm still in it. Don't give my team away. :ohdear:

Yay we're back!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, league is set up.

When do people want to draft? July or August?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'd honestly rather start earlier, but I would get why people would want to wait until training camp starts. I figure it doesn't matter that much if we go early, since we end up drafting for life.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
DRAFTING FO LIFE!

My preference would be in July.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
My third dynasty draft of the season starts on July 19 so I guess I'd prefer starting this one a week before or after that just so they don't intermingle too much. Beyond that I don't care, my other two are 1 and 3 weeks after the NFL draft so I've been idle for a while now. Getting the shakes.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Let's draft in February, that leaves out any room for error.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alucard posted:

Let's draft in February, that leaves out any room for error.

Before the draft? I like it!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
I'm down with whatever, my only plans right now are the first weekend in August and I'd prefer to have most of it not all the draft done by then.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Down with whatever

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I will be in Europe in August, so late July preferred.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any opposition to July 12?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any opposition to July 12?

That would be the earliest we'd ever drafted, if I'm not mistaken. But it would work for me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Since it's basically the same week I have the rookie draft in sas dynasty I think it's a great idea - I'd suggest a little later for the sake of non rookie in the draft though.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
That seems just a bit too early. The 26th?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

OhSnapGangsta posted:

You got a trade offer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: If anyone has a problem with drafting starting on the 26th say so now. That would mean getting your rosters down to 16 players by the 12th. :siren:

Also are we still cool with the $25 buy in? That covers the MFL league fee ($60), as well as the $240 in astounding cash and prizes for me our winners!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
All those things should be fine

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

works for me

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
As long as it is after 6PM EST - I have tickets to Book of Mormon that day. And I assume you mean July 26.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

As long as it is after 6PM EST - I have tickets to Book of Mormon that day. And I assume you mean July 26.

You should enjoy it, We had a blast when we saw it.

My favorite thing about Book of Mormon was watching it and realizing just how much society has changed over the last ten years. I couldn't imagine that show winning multiple Tony awards in the 20th century.

• Locked thread