Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
THREE-PEAT!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Felt like doing a review of my draft picks:

1.10 - DGB - Looks like he's in need of some development, but will be a monster once he gets up to speed.

3.10 - Jeremy Langford - At first, this was more of a homer pick, but he's really been outstanding this preseason. So glad he fell to me. If Forte goes down or doesn't get a new Bears contract (and he likely won't if Langford keeps progressing), this guy will be an all-star.

4.10 - Chris Conley - Solid pick, should do great opposite Maclin.

5.10 - Thomas Rawls - Not much hope with the Jackson trade, but Seahawks RBs are usually hopeless outside of Skittles anyway so it was pretty high-risk anyway.

6.10 - Huff - maybe has a breakout year?

7.10 - Karlos Williams - Didn't initially have much hope until the Jackson trade, now he looks like the perfect handcuff for McCoy and hopeful replacement?

8.10 - Davis, dropped for Taylor Gabriel, who seems Huffish.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
One more day hype

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Has everyone paid up hype

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Anderron Shi posted:

poo poo I forgot to hype.

Beer I will pay when I get my next freelance payment hype sometime next week hype.

Call me out if I forget again hype.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Anderron Shi posted:

I'm so hyped I forgot to check.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Hey, you dummies. Submit your line-ups. Football has started.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Get Gronked.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

bigfoot

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I don't know if I should be telling my opponent that he hasn't set his lineup, but he hasn't. Now it is up to you to figure out if you are my opponent.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think "set a lineup you idiot" is even one of the default enabled emails on MFL

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I am totally on this guys

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Ray Rice, Montee Ball, and Eric Ebron as my 1st rounders the past 3 years is pretty much why my team blows. Here is to Amari Cooper being a bust as well.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Ray Rice, Montee Ball, and Eric Ebron as my 1st rounders the past 3 years is pretty much why my team blows. Here is to Amari Cooper being a bust as well.

I'll give Jordan Matthews or KB for him.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Tayvon Austin and Michael Floyd say hi

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man do I regret not drafting Mariota.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Take it with a grain of salt, it was against Tampa, and at least you didn't draft Jameis Winston

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mariota is the real deal. I regret trading for Christine Michael, because Mariota would've been my first pick. :(

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I regret keeping RG3 and Jace Amaro over Palmer and Benny Cunningham. I knew Palmer would have a great season but sentimentality for RG3 took over.

Anyway, happy so far with the Mariota pick, I thought you guys were seriously undervaluing draft QBs. Considering I once traded my #12 pick for Flacco (I know, I know) using the 22nd for Mariota, whose ceiling is elite was worth a shot.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The results are in, boyos.

So, is everyone paid up?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Bigfoot Win!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
My rookie rbs and some of my sophomore rbs are starting to heat up.....fellas I might just have a starting rb on my roster in he near future.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

My roster is falling apart. I better have a good draft next year. :v:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Of course, beer has the lowest points against in the league so far.

Please god let me beat him this week.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Anderron Shi posted:

Of course, beer has the lowest points against in the league so far.

Please god let me beat him this week.

My team shits itself whenever I play him.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Hopefully my roster is okay because it seems like I can't access MFL right now...

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I stupidly benched Randle this game for Bernard.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

My team is so loving terrible and now Marshawn Lynch is hurt. I don't even know how the gently caress I took over a team that took second place and just ran it into the ground. I mean, besides trading with Beer. I don't run any of my other teams this poorly. :(

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sataere posted:

My team is so loving terrible and now Marshawn Lynch is hurt. I don't even know how the gently caress I took over a team that took second place and just ran it into the ground. I mean, besides trading with Beer. I don't run any of my other teams this poorly. :(

Injuries have really gotten the best of your team. If healthy you'd be competitive I think.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Let's go Green Bay!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well the good news is that the better A-Rod does the better I do in my other league. :)

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Welp, my team finally succumbed to the injury and bye week combo. No Gronk, no Big Ben, no Mariota, no Perriman, no Dez. No way to win. I think I already know which 16 people I'm keeping, this team definitely has more dead weight than I hoped. I also realized that a certain drafting strategy I've had is flawed. Still, I think I'll be competitive this year. My team being so WR strong means I need good QB play and the downgrade in play in DAL, PHI, DEN, and IND is hurting me a lot but it should get better.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo do I need a QB.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Josh Mccown and Alex Smith are available I hear.

For the right price.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fitzmagic is on the block

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Karlos Williams is the best 7th round pick ever.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

You can have Brees, Bortles or Cutler!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Franchise QB Joe Flacco for a second rounder.

• Locked thread