Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
are you thomas friedman, op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Beef Turret posted:

It'll never happen but it could in theory

No it couldn't

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
they own less than japan and the two of them together own less than 20% iirc anyways. almost all of it is loaned from ourselves

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
getting china to do all our work for us for useless paper was the con of the 20th and now 21st century it owns super hard

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Robo Reagan posted:

kinetic weapons are probably going to gently caress fleets up pretty badly

problem with those is you actually need to know exactly where your target is. and if your target is beyond the horizon and 'somewhere in the ocean' then good luck

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Moridin920 posted:

I don't understand why you think it's impossible to first determine a general location through a real time spy satellite and then home in with other tech until you have a reasonable firing solution with ordinance that can track targets.

Plus weren't we talking about if the US invades China for some reason? It's not like I'm talking about playing hide and seek in the middle of the ocean, I'm talking about US fleets near the coast of China.

spy satellites do not work like you think they do

hope this help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Angry Fish posted:

Who is Thom Freedman. Is he trying to tell us that nobody knows and China won't tell us? Because I agree with that sentiment and support his message but I am not him.

this is the exact thing he would ask, yes. not much gets past him. you should give him a call i think you two would get along

• Locked thread