Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

bhsman posted:

That's pretty insane, if true. Almost makes me wish such a potentially powerful defensive ability wasn't relegated to a single character. :(

Actually in the video I was thinking of he doesn't parry the super but a Ryu charged up fireball during V-trigger but they do say you can parry Chun's critical art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEQpgsXSoKo&t=82s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

lamentable dustman posted:

Actually in the video I was thinking of he doesn't parry the super but a Ryu charged up fireball during V-trigger but they do say you can parry Chun's critical art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEQpgsXSoKo&t=82s

I saw that video, yes, but I'd like to see a video to make sure there isn't something that was lost in translation, as even the journalist here says that he's only been told about it rather than seen it for himself.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cabbagepots posted:

Even though he has a lot of players that beast with him?

hm yes, apparently q is good because kuroda exists

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Kuroda singlehandedly makes everyone in 3S equal tier, you heard it here first

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bhsman posted:

I saw that video, yes, but I'd like to see a video to make sure there isn't something that was lost in translation, as even the journalist here says that he's only been told about it rather than seen it for himself.

Maybe Daigo will do it in an exhibition match at EVO.

[edit] Here's the E3 SFV exhibition schedule:

All times are in PDT

Channel: http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 (Stream starts 12pm~6pm)
12pm~1pm: Single Elimination Tournament
1pm ~2pm: ComboFiend Kumite
2pm~3pm: [Stream] ComboFiend Character Demos/Pre-Exhibition Show
2pm~3pm: [Stage] Ono-san Signing Session
3pm~6pm: Pro Exhibition: Team Tournament

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 (Stream 12pm~6pm)
10am~11am: Single Elimination Tournament
11am~12pm: Single Elimination Tournament
1pm~2pm: ComboFiend Kumite
2pm~3pm: [Stream] ComboFiend Character Demos/Pre-Exhibition Show
2pm~3pm: [Stage] Ono-san Signing Session
3pm~6pm: Pro Exhibition: Singles Tournament

Thursday, June 18, 2015 (Stream runs 10am~2pm)
10am~12pm: Editor Elimination Exhibition (E3)
1pm~2pm: Single Elimination Tournament
2pm~3pm: Single Elimination Tournament
3pm~4pm: Single Elimination Tournament
4pm~5pm: Freeplay

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 12, 2015

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Waifu posted:

It feels like they're trying to fit SF more to the modern style of video games, but it really doesn't work for SF especially with FrankenCharlie and Bison's toothy loving grin.

SF4 looks like absolute dog poo poo so if the art style takes a single step in any direction it is automatically an improvement.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Kuroda singlehandedly makes everyone in 3S equal tier, you heard it here first

Could kuroda beat kuroda?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Please put Q in the game and during his ending he takes off his mask and it's kuroda underneath

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brosnan posted:

SF4 looks like absolute dog poo poo so if the art style takes a single step in any direction it is automatically an improvement.

Fair enough

inthesto posted:

Please put Q in the game and during his ending he takes off his mask and it's kuroda underneath

This

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Are they gonna have selectable supers again? I hope so.

Part of what made 3S so interesting was the variety of playstyles you could get simply from choosing different supers.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

bhsman posted:

That's pretty insane, if true. Almost makes me wish such a potentially powerful defensive ability wasn't relegated to a single character. :(

You're overstating the importance of being able to parry supers. Most of the time, supers are only used on hit-confirms or as punishes. Like, if the opponent has the option to parry or block your super, you're already probably making a mistake. Whether parrying supers is even relevant depends a lot on what supers are like, too - if they're safe on block, if they're so fast that they can't be jumped.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Cabbagepots posted:

Part of what made 3S so interesting was the variety of playstyles you could get simply from choosing different supers.

How many SF3 characters have more than one super worth picking? Makoto, Dudley, Yang, Hugo, Oro, Remy, and Q might be the full list.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cabbagepots posted:

No confirmation on multiple Critical Arts to choose from, but Ryu does a Denjin Hadouken if done while his V-trigger is activated (slightly different animation and does more damage than Shinku Hadouken). Not sure if that V-trigger altering the CA is going to be persistent across all characters.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

inthesto posted:

How many SF3 characters have more than one super worth picking? Makoto, Dudley, Yang, Hugo, Oro, Remy, and Q might be the full list.

Who cares, I want to fun-have.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

inthesto posted:

Ryu.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Just give me Alpha 2, Capcom. I don't give a poo poo about trying to innovate. You were never good at that except when you made your game look pretty (3S).

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Every character so far has a fireball? All but Chun-Li have a fireball negation move as well?
This seems really bland.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

uncleKitchener posted:

Just give me Alpha 2, Capcom. I don't give a poo poo about trying to innovate. You were never good at that except when you made your game look pretty (3S).

I miss a lot of things about old Street Fighter, but unblockable 80% combos sure as poo poo isn't one of them

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Give Hugo a fireball. Maybe he eats a german sausage and belches.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cabbagepots posted:

Give Hugo a fireball. Maybe he eats a german sausage and belches.

Doesn't he throw salt or something in Omega mode?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

teagone posted:

No, he just swings his arm with such force that it causes a gale.

At least I think that's the idea.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

inthesto posted:

I miss a lot of things about old Street Fighter, but unblockable 80% combos sure as poo poo isn't one of them

Yes, because it surely was totally easy and completely defined what characters like Rolento were about.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Gorp posted:

Every character so far has a fireball? All but Chun-Li have a fireball negation move as well?
This seems really bland.

Bison does not have a fireball, that is his counter move which can be used on normals and fireballs. I don't even know what you're referring to with like stopping projectiles either because Chun-Li can just throw her own into the other characters to stop it and Charlie doesn't have anything with the purpose of stopping projectiles.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

inthesto posted:

ur just bad

don't get hit

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Beef Waifu posted:

Bison does not have a fireball

Bison's charge b,f punch ex actually is totally a fireball.

I also find it a bit lame that 3 of the 4 characters can just nullify someone's projectile game. Hopefully that's just the current roundup and won't be indicative of the game as a whole.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

teagone posted:

That was Honda

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Evil Canadian posted:

Bison's charge b,f punch ex actually is totally a fireball.

I also find it a bit lame that 3 of the 4 characters can just nullify someone's projectile game. Hopefully that's just the current roundup and won't be indicative of the game as a whole.

I for one am sick and tired of dealing with special move spammers in every game. Where am I supposed to move my character if they keep filling the screen with loving projectiles? poo poo just doesn't make sense.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
No Troll Zone please

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I like the way SF5 looks so far, but like others have said I'm a little concerned about three characters having parries, even if they're command parries. Ryu's in particular is concerning if you can just mash it after the first succeeds. There's definitely a solid mix of SF4 and 3S influences here, for better or for worse. Since I really like both games, I'm cautiously optimistic, and the improvement from that first exhibition has caught my eye. But then again I'm a pretty mediocre player, and I can see from the thread that my hype levels are higher than the thread average already :v:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
I love me some fireballs but people are overhyping the V-Skill anti-fireball tools. SF4 characters having an asston of moves that slide under/plow through fireballs for good damage or a knockdown is significantly more hosed up than characters being able to bat down a fireball, build gauge and stand their ground. If you can throw fireballs slow enough that you can follow in behind them and pressure/punish someone who absorbs and throw fireballs fast enough that they're hard to react to at midrange V-Skills will only be strong against players with lovely fireball games. If fireballs do end up being bad it'll be because Capcom undertunes them or adds too many tools that punish fireballs on reaction (bonus gently caress Capcom Points if they require no meter/one bar).

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mio Bison posted:

I love me some fireballs but people are overhyping the V-Skill anti-fireball tools. SF4 characters having an asston of moves that slide under/plow through fireballs for good damage or a knockdown is significantly more hosed up than characters being able to bat down a fireball, build gauge and stand their ground. If you can throw fireballs slow enough that you can follow in behind them and pressure/punish someone who absorbs and throw fireballs fast enough that they're hard to react to at midrange V-Skills will only be strong against players with lovely fireball games. If fireballs do end up being bad it'll be because Capcom undertunes them or adds too many tools that punish fireballs on reaction (bonus gently caress Capcom Points if they require no meter/one bar).

they nerfed knockdowns

im actually not sure how i feel about nerfed kds, as long as you still get a definite advantage and can do something off it, even if you dont get oki. not that poo poo like urien vs yun or whatever where yun will always just back roll into a better range lol

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-Vorschau-PC-Street-Fighter-5-Vorschau-Preview-11930227.html

Not sure if true, but a German leak has stated that the 2 characters to be revealed at E3 are going to be Cammy and Birdie.

No pictures though, so take with a grain of salt.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Birdie?! I, uh, I don't quite buy it but Capcom's known to go full retard sometimes sooooo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i would buy birdie actualy, they need a grappler and i just dont feel gief in this game fsr

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

i hope it's not true, because i don't want cammy in this game

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope they include a section of the UK stage that breaks open and lets you fight in the public washrooms like Street Fighter Alpha 2.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Not sure if true, but a German leak has stated that the 2 characters to be revealed at E3 are going to be Cammy and Birdie.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Birdie is an anomaly to me. I don't get why the most boring characters have some of the best theme songs.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well Cammy is basically a given, so hell yeah Birdie lets go.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

This can thing also has his skull & chain, so I'm guessing it might be true.

No idea about the banana though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

This can thing also has his skull & chain, so I'm guessing it might be true.

No idea about the banana though.

Donkey Kong

• Locked thread