Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
blanka eats a banana in one of his intros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Mio Bison posted:

I love me some fireballs but people are overhyping the V-Skill anti-fireball tools. SF4 characters having an asston of moves that slide under/plow through fireballs for good damage or a knockdown is significantly more hosed up than characters being able to bat down a fireball, build gauge and stand their ground. If you can throw fireballs slow enough that you can follow in behind them and pressure/punish someone who absorbs and throw fireballs fast enough that they're hard to react to at midrange V-Skills will only be strong against players with lovely fireball games. If fireballs do end up being bad it'll be because Capcom undertunes them or adds too many tools that punish fireballs on reaction (bonus gently caress Capcom Points if they require no meter/one bar).

Yeah I agree that sf4 is poo poo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Birdie sort of makes sense to me because he's the one "old" grappler that seems like he could lend himself to this whole "power up mode" thing pretty well.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Gief powers up, makes clanking noises and gains super armor, there perfect

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

NecroMonster posted:

Birdie sort of makes sense to me because he's the one "old" grappler that seems like he could lend himself to this whole "power up mode" thing pretty well.

hell use chains and have vaccum hits or extra throw range or something

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah I figure they just stick chains on all of his normals and throws when he's powered up, for extra reach, and call it a day.

Plus his (lovely) dash specials will probably mean capcom will feel like it's ok to make him move cripplingly slow, and they love having excuses to make characters move like old snails.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 13, 2015

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

I hope they include a section of the UK stage that breaks open and lets you fight in the public washrooms like Street Fighter Alpha 2.
To the left of the stage are washrooms, so it is a real possibility!

I'm excited for Birdie. I expected him to be the last SFA character to have a chance to be in the game.
Also the german article says he's too strong in the current build. Can't wait to see Combofiend bully some fools with him.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
Doesn't Birdie have some kind of thing where his whole body turns red? I barely remember anything about the character other than his throw animations were awesome with cool sounds for the chains. Also that he had Balrog moves plus 360's.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Periodiko posted:

Doesn't Birdie have some kind of thing where his whole body turns red? I barely remember anything about the character other than his throw animations were awesome with cool sounds for the chains. Also that he had Balrog moves plus 360's.

He turns red when he does his Rush Punch.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

SlippyFists posted:

Give me Birdie.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
They should pull the ultimate troll move and give us White Birdie.

Cool Birdie will be DLC

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Cool Birdie will be on-disc DLC

FTFY

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

GO! TO HIM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51_5i-L7do

EDIT: If Birdie is in this game, this better not mean that Boxer won't be in.

Junk fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 13, 2015

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Obviously the grappler will be R. Mika and her V move will be *anime buttz*

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
In related news, look who's coming to Smash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmo6rFJDFsA

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Buddy of mine pointed out that Charlie's headgrab thing actually steals meter

http://gfycat.com/MeatyClumsyArgusfish
http://gfycat.com/LoathsomeIdealGrayreefshark

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

hm yes, apparently q is good because kuroda exists

Well I mean, using the logic that Hugo can't be in the game because he sucks, then there's even less reason for people to want Alex in the game either because he's even worse than Hugo in 3S.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Cammy and Birdie are probably in: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/two-new-street-fighter-5-characters-revealed/

Birdie pretty much kills Alex's chances on the roster, unless they retool Birdie into a completely new character (which isn't that unlikely, given that Charlie and Dictator are completely new)

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Not a chance.

Alex is one of the most highly requested characters to be in the game and has been teased multiple times, there is no way he's going to be supplanted by a niche loser like Birdie, whose supporters can be counted on a single hand.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was thinking that maybe Zangief won't be in the game based on the "Being a good friend." poster in that london map that features Mike Haggar piledriving the poo poo out of some dude.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Haggar's not piledriving anybody in that poster. Cody is on top of his shoulders and Guy is coming out of his rear end.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

inthesto posted:

Birdie pretty much kills Alex's chances on the roster
Why? I think Birdie kills Balrog's chance to be in. Alex is quite different and 2 grapplers on a roster size of presumably 16 is not out of the ordinary.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

inthesto posted:

Buddy of mine pointed out that Charlie's headgrab thing actually steals meter

http://gfycat.com/MeatyClumsyArgusfish
http://gfycat.com/LoathsomeIdealGrayreefshark

The ex steals a bit of life too. Wonder if it's enough to be of any use when people start playing. Seems like people might be choosing between spending bar on big meaty damage or getting some life back.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

Haggar's not piledriving anybody in that poster. Cody is on top of his shoulders and Guy is coming out of his rear end.

Really? I could've sworn it looked like he was piledriving someone. I guess I was wrong.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'll take Birdie over Gief. Gief is my boy, but in every game where both characters are in the same roster Gief ends up being pretty lame while Birdie is fun and cool.

Street Fighter need more hybrid type of character anyway.

Add Eagle while you're at it, Capcom.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Another common-sense fix from SF4 to SF5 that I haven't seen anyone mention--the late active frames of Ryu's DPs do approximately (exactly?) the same damage as the early frames, so you can pull the trigger early on an anti-air DP without getting piss for damage. Get hosed jumplikers.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mio Bison posted:

Another common-sense fix from SF4 to SF5 that I haven't seen anyone mention--the late active frames of Ryu's DPs do approximately (exactly?) the same damage as the early frames, so you can pull the trigger early on an anti-air DP without getting piss for damage. Get hosed jumplikers.

Ryu's uppercut got changed to two hits because in vanilla SF4, anti-air uppercut FADC ultra was doing way too much damage. Heaven forbid if the uppercut traded.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Even back in Vanilla Ryu's DP did no damage past the first two active frames.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I don't get why people are upset over roster size and "X not being in" when there'll end up being a MvC2 size roster no matter which distribution style they go for.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't get why people are upset over roster size and "X not being in" when there'll end up being a MvC2 size roster no matter which distribution style they go for.

But I want my character in noooooooow

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm hearing a rumor that the new Brazillian chick is a grappler? Oh god.

Please yes. Please do

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the idea of caring about this game

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm totally fine with 90% of SFIV cast taking a leave for a much smaller roster. Smaller rosters are easier to balance anyway.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

So Charlie's V-Trigger is basically a Roman Cancel, looks like. That's probably why it's a one-time effect instead of a buff state.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

EightFlyingCars posted:

So Charlie's V-Trigger is basically a Roman Cancel, looks like. That's probably why it's a one-time effect instead of a buff state.

Yea it looks like it cancle certain special attacks for a serious mix up. Looks like he can build meter pretty fast though with the being able to combo into the vskill. Should be fun.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Rather they went the guilty gear style but I'm still gonna buy this game

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I wonder if Birdie is going to be throwing items around like Faust. Bananas and cans?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I think the banana is just supposed to look like his haircut and the can has his chain on it. Just visual hints.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
So he's gonna be eating a lot or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Cabbagepots posted:

So he's gonna be eating a lot or something?

Hes big enough cabbagepots

• Locked thread