Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I've asked my FB peeps, who assure me that this is a real and useful term, but am getting strange replies, like "cultural marxism is the redefinition of words to win arguments" (isn't that just pedantry?) or "political correctness" (is that really a marxist concern? the only marxists I've read/met are very rude) or "the redistribution of wealth" (isn't that just regular marxism?) or "the ongoing culture war" (didn't the mainstream defeat punk music eventually?).

Google just links to weird youtubes talking about leukophobia and blogs named "Immigrant Watch"

Help me to understand goons, what is cultural marxism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0qiAita4s

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's 2015 and people are still throwing the term "culture war" around.

lmao.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
A spectre is haunting Europe—the spectre of communism

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Good for you!

A video of forum poster Supermechagodzilla? I don't get it, is this cultural marxism?

hemophilia posted:

It's 2015 and people are still throwing the term "culture war" around.

lmao.

I thought it was won in the late 80s, but apparently it's still raging

maduin posted:

A spectre is haunting Europe—the spectre of communism

Still??

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

conservatives get liberals and marxists confused really easily because they are retarded

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Conservatives and liberals have more in common with each other than with marxists, I don't understand how anyone could think otherwise

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah in the sense that ultimately both conservatives and liberals are working towards fascism

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Hell, execute liberals and marxists

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you will be first against the wall gently caress the ROW

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
short for "hi, I'm a nazi"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ç̡͈̣̩̫̥͔̗̫̠̻ͫͤͥ̿ͩ͂̂̾͆̋͂̐̆̽͋͐́̚̕u̶̜̰̞͖̞͈͂͂͆͗̀͂̐̑͂͑̋̉̽͘l̨̜̩̰̝̮̉̐͛̇̄ͣͧ̂̃̅͆͆̂̕t̸̴̏̋̈́ͩ͂̏̑͒̾͋̓͟҉͈̯̯̣̞͉̹̗͕͓͖̺̜̳̫̲ų̴̬̝̝̞͎̯̦ͥ͛ͭ͆͛̐̅̓̽ͭ̍̐͋̿ͤͫ̆̊̚͝͝r̛͍̪̙̰̮͍̲̟͈̬͓̯̗͓̘̩͚̪̐̎ͦ̒̃ͨ̓̈́̃ͨ͌̿ͥ̈́ͪ͞a̡̛̝̖͕̜͈̣̳͇͎̬̝͓̫̟͍̭̾ͪͨ͐̄͊ͮ͌̂̓̏͝l̘̫͙͇̝̗͙̮͈̠̤̟ͪ̍̈́͌̍́͘̕͟ ̵̘͓̻̘̪̳̯̥͚͍̙̱ͬ̂̃̋ͪ̌̒̍͡m͓͈̟͇̘̭̹͎̬̳̗̻̰͉̦̞͚̦͒̋̈́͑ͬͭ͊͊̓̒̌̇̉͂̋̓͐͜ą̸̧̰̩̼͚͎͎͎̘̟͇̺̰̏͋ͨ̈́̇ͦͭ̈͠r̵̡̡̠̲͕̪͉͍͍̟̠̰͋̊̓̿̑̃̋̄̋ͩ̆ͣͭͫ̀̔̀x̛͎̘̺̄̂̏ͮ̅ͬ̌̀̚ͅiͥ̓͗ͧ̾ͥ͋ͥ̏͗̈҉̲͔͔̼̠̥̙̪͖̝͚ͅͅs̢̧̰͇̼̭͇̪̲ͭ̑̑͊ͯ͌ͦ̍́m̨͂̐ͮ̈ͫ̑̓̋̌҉̧̖̖̬͇

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

TEAYCHES posted:

you will be first against the wall gently caress the ROW

you're probably against a wall right now, licking your own gay rear end in a top hat

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

ç̡͈̣̩̫̥͔̗̫̠̻ͫͤͥ̿ͩ͂̂̾͆̋͂̐̆̽͋͐́̚̕u̶̜̰̞͖̞͈͂͂͆͗̀͂̐̑͂͑̋̉̽͘l̨̜̩̰̝̮̉̐͛̇̄ͣͧ̂̃̅͆͆̂̕t̸̴̏̋̈́ͩ͂̏̑͒̾͋̓͟҉͈̯̯̣̞͉̹̗͕͓͖̺̜̳̫̲ų̴̬̝̝̞͎̯̦ͥ͛ͭ͆͛̐̅̓̽ͭ̍̐͋̿ͤͫ̆̊̚͝͝r̛͍̪̙̰̮͍̲̟͈̬͓̯̗͓̘̩͚̪̐̎ͦ̒̃ͨ̓̈́̃ͨ͌̿ͥ̈́ͪ͞a̡̛̝̖͕̜͈̣̳͇͎̬̝͓̫̟͍̭̾ͪͨ͐̄͊ͮ͌̂̓̏͝l̘̫͙͇̝̗͙̮͈̠̤̟ͪ̍̈́͌̍́͘̕͟ ̵̘͓̻̘̪̳̯̥͚͍̙̱ͬ̂̃̋ͪ̌̒̍͡m͓͈̟͇̘̭̹͎̬̳̗̻̰͉̦̞͚̦͒̋̈́͑ͬͭ͊͊̓̒̌̇̉͂̋̓͐͜ą̸̧̰̩̼͚͎͎͎̘̟͇̺̰̏͋ͨ̈́̇ͦͭ̈͠r̵̡̡̠̲͕̪͉͍͍̟̠̰͋̊̓̿̑̃̋̄̋ͩ̆ͣͭͫ̀̔̀x̛͎̘̺̄̂̏ͮ̅ͬ̌̀̚ͅiͥ̓͗ͧ̾ͥ͋ͥ̏͗̈҉̲͔͔̼̠̥̙̪͖̝͚ͅͅs̢̧̰͇̼̭͇̪̲ͭ̑̑͊ͯ͌ͦ̍́m̨͂̐ͮ̈ͫ̑̓̋̌҉̧̖̖̬͇

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Is there any actual workable definition that isn't conspiracy-theory racism, I really want to soothe my friends' insanity if I can

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Black Bones posted:

Is there any actual workable definition that isn't conspiracy-theory racism, I really want to soothe my friends' insanity if I can

It's a rebranding of SJW-ism. Authoritarian leftist bullshit. It's a poor term to describe it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Black Bones posted:

no, the entire concept is delusional and hinges on some paranoid fantasy that theres some marxist plan to take over america by the elites to make your children gay and communist its completely loving incoherent

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
you can tell if someone is dumb if they use the term cultural marxism fyi

gently caress the ROW posted:

you're probably against a wall right now, licking your own gay rear end in a top hat

lmbo if you aren't eating your own booty

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 12, 2015

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lizard people is a more understandable and evidence-based worldview

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Black Bones posted:

no

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

TEAYCHES posted:

no, the entire concept is delusional and hinges on some paranoid fantasy that theres some marxist plan to take over america by the elites to make your children gay and communist its completely loving incoherent

Beware, this man is a gay communist.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
If the left had but a fraction of the magical powers idiot shitbirds on the internet ascribe it I'd be a happy man

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

If the left had but a fraction of the magical powers idiot shitbirds ascribe it I'd be a happy man

Or used even a fraction of what they do have on something meaningful.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
THERE IS A CULTURE WAR SHEEPLE

Big Gay is running Hollywood and pumping our childrens' minds with nonsense. College professors are making everyone sensitive :qq:

We can't even go to war anymore without some transvestite or other complaining about it.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they're trash

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
THS you should really learn how to post "I'm gay" in Russian, I feel that's the next evolution of your gimmick.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gimmick?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

it's what Tea Party nuts would call SJWs 5 years ago

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
"Cultural Marxism" is the idea that people who support the overthrow of capitalism in favor of communism have instituted a campaingn of propaganda designed to destabilize the status quo and traditional attitudes in order to help ferment dissent and eventual revolution.

Honestly, if you think that it isn't a real thing, then you must think that marxists are idiots, because undermining your ideological enemies is incredibly basic poo poo.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

basically take the figure of the Jew from nazi propaganda, strike out the word "jew" and put "liberal" and strike out the "marxism and jewry" to say simply "cultural marxism".

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Yeah you should really post "I'm gay" in new languages.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

it's the way to explain how "liberals" [the oppressor class in neo fascism - formerly was the 'Jew'] at the same time are poor and destitute and lazy unproductive slobs who create nothing and scheme and steal from the Makers, and also controlling the media and the schools and the culture from behind the veil.

Hitler believed the Jew would use Marxism to overthrow social relations and install some new world order based on collectivism, undermining traditional values, being unpatriotic, etc. etc.

same poo poo different face

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Hitler believed the Jew would use Marxism to overthrow social relations and install some new world order based on collectivism, undermining traditional values, being unpatriotic, etc. etc.

Wow, makes u think... maybe he was a little ahead of his time

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

yeah its basically this, good way of explaining it imo

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Ork of Fiction posted:

"Cultural Marxism" is the idea that people who support the overthrow of capitalism in favor of communism have instituted a campaingn of propaganda designed to destabilize the status quo and traditional attitudes in order to help ferment dissent

I think you're redefining the word "ferment"

It is you who is the cultural marxist

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Aw man, they're not bad people, just kinda really ignorant about subjects not involving trains/computer engineering. I was hoping i could find some sort of mental/moral olive branch to offer, like "ok this part of what you said is a sensible thing to be afraid of"

natetimm posted:

It's a rebranding of SJW-ism. Authoritarian leftist bullshit. It's a poor term to describe it.

sjw is already outdated?? drat i must be getting old, I can't keep up with all the changing slang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Black Bones posted:

Aw man, they're not bad people, just kinda really ignorant about subjects not involving trains/computer engineering. I was hoping i could find some sort of mental/moral olive branch to offer, like "ok this part of what you said is a sensible thing to be afraid of"

sjw is already outdated?? drat i must be getting old, I can't keep up with all the changing slang.

The people who dislike SJWs did some googling, found Cultural Marxism, and now think it's the underlying cause of SJWs instead of realizing it's mostly just a bunch of self-righteous white narcissists expressing their nature.

• Locked thread