Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i think he was agreeing w/ u

not a huge naomi klein fan but shock doctrine is the best way of putting it

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

:agreed:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

Actually it was Theodore Kaczynski who put it best in his national best seller Technological Slavery

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Beef Turret posted:

Actually it was Theodore Kaczynski who put it best in his national best seller Technological Slavery

lol if you havent read that essay

its the most coherent insane rant any violent crank has ever put out, and he makes some good points. its better than mein kampf imo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm lmao good poo poo

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

lol if you havent read that essay

its the most coherent insane rant any violent crank has ever put out, and he makes some good points. its better than mein kampf imo

You're referring to his poorly copyedited essay "Industrial society and its future" which was riddled with omissions and spelling errors. The book on the other hand explains a lot about contemporary society and his critiques of it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i like how in the essay he refers to "we" like hes not a lone wolf in a log cabin making bombs

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

agreed

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's cultural Bolshevism rebranded.

Basically it's JewsJewsJews

Superjews? aka Muslims

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's really unfortunate Kaczynski used the term 'leftist' to describe his Last Man. It has nothing to do with politics whatsoever. Oh well lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lol breivik copy pasted a bunch of kaczynskis writings to make himself seem like he had some kind of real grievances

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i... i dont know if i want to get back in to caring.... i thought i reached peak caring during lf

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i can't find the quote but i was reminding of something someone said about "anti-semitism is the last roadblock to marxism" or some poo poo

basically, anti-semitic ideology (or it's new form of conservative fanaticism) has a lot of the same logic that marxist ideology does with regards to class warfare and all that.

they both see the struggle as one of the regular people vs the elite class, they see it as down to earth hard working people vs cosmopolitan exploiters with bad morals, they see the people as being the class of producers and the enemy as being the one who parasitically takes it from you : the jew, the tax man, the capitalist

you get this same narrative time and time again with the parties changing slightly.

the Nazi sees the people are one class (you see this rhetoric a lot when people say, it's not about wall street or main street it's not about black america or with america, it's one america!), of course every totality implies an exception so the exception to this is the Jew, the disturbing force which undermines the smooth social relations

The NeoLiberal (Conservative Republican) does this exact same ideological maneuver, except it's the Liberal who comes to mess it all up.

now the naive may think that marxism places the capitalist in the same boogyman position, but that's not the case at all.

for the marxist, it's not the capitalist or the jew or the liberal or whatever who comes in and disrupts the order of social relations, the disruption in social relations is already there, inherent in the structure itself.

this is why conservatives and fascism are ultimately trying to go back to some mythical time before the intruding element, whereas marxism encourages further development to pass through contradictions

also this is a good post

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
You're wrong or just flat out lying when you say all the other big ideologies are based on spotting the interloper while marxism is the cool one who sees Teh Matrix. The mythical time marxists want to return to is to before class divisions came about. A shitload of words just for the political version of "I don't speak with an accent, other people do".

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mdm posted:

well then he'd just be making up words :colbert:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Beef Turret posted:

It's really unfortunate Kaczynski used the term 'leftist' to describe his Last Man. It has nothing to do with politics whatsoever. Oh well lol

It's leftist because they'll br all that's left

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Beef Turret posted:

You're wrong or just flat out lying when you say all the other big ideologies are based on spotting the interloper while marxism is the cool one who sees Teh Matrix. The mythical time marxists want to return to is to before class divisions came about. A shitload of words just for the political version of "I don't speak with an accent, other people do".

marxism is the cool one who sees teh matrix tho

its the correct political-economic ideology, imo

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Mange Mite posted:

It's leftist because they'll br all that's left

laugh accepted

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

marxism is not about that

it wasn't until capitalism that classes proper could actually be developed, but we can see the traces of class domination going all the way back.

you might be thinking of some tyler durden-esque " stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center" vision of the world but marxism is about unraveling what is hidden in plain sight (contradictions and their symptoms) and allowing it to develop forward.

in that respect, it's similar to the goal of psychoanalysis and buddhist meditation

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

in fact the notion of going backwards and trying to rewind society to a good time is antithetical to the notion of the dialectical motion of history

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

just like how rage against the machine's "wake up" plays at the end of matrix.... u gotta wake up peepz

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

why'd you leave the keys upon the table?!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

there are definitely bad leftists who think we need to return to how hunter gatherers do but thats dumb as gently caress

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Commie NedFlanders posted:

in that respect, it's similar to the goal of psychoanalysis and buddhist meditation

oh well in that case i'll totally take it seriously now

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

there are definitely bad leftists who think we need to return to how hunter gatherers do but thats dumb as gently caress

agreed

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Also the reason marxists don't have coherent enemies lists is because they have no power whatsoever in america anyway. Ask the tamil tigers or shining path who the interlopers are

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Horniest Manticore posted:

oh well in that case i'll totally take it seriously now

wait you're telling me i have to keep coming into to treatment over and over and just talking about poo poo? when are you going to tell me what i have? the pharmacy closes soon, time is money!

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
it's the thing those neon-haired people with thick black-rimmed glasses who stare at you with those really uncomfortable, forced smiles that are born of deep-seated neurosis believe hth.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

Beef Turret posted:

Also the reason marxists don't have coherent enemies lists is because they have no power whatsoever in america anyway. Ask the tamil tigers or shining path who the interlopers are

when the revolution pins your hot cheeks against the wall i will ask they spare you because of that short story that a hop skip and a google led me to find it was pretty good

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Black Bones posted:

I will concede that these conspiracy nuts have a more exciting view of the world than I do. Demons Jews SJWs cultural marxists lurk behind every street corner, waiting to shout RAPE at them

Like young-earth creationists - Jurassic World is basically a history movie for them! Kinda jealous

in a way its pretty enviable to see the world in such simple terms instead of seeing it as the incredibly retarded and incredibly complex clusterfuck it actually is

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lizard people actually do rule the world, though. just putting that out there. theres no way obama isnt reptilian

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

babypolis posted:

in a way its pretty enviable to see the world in such simple terms instead of seeing it as the incredibly retarded and incredibly complex clusterfuck it actually is

authoritarians are typically, on average, happier

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Coolie Ghost posted:

authoritarians are typically, on average, happier

well its not surprising that seeing the world on black and white terms with well defined bad guys and good guys is way more comforting than the existential dread of knowing that nothing makes sense and people just make up bullshit as they go along

captain america the winter soldier was a good movie about this

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

babypolis posted:

well its not surprising that seeing the world on black and white terms with well defined bad guys and good guys is way more comforting that the existential dread that nothing makes sense and people just make up bullshit as they go along

i just started reading the unabomber manifesto and kazcysnski totally thinks you're a pussy

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

babypolis posted:

well its not surprising that seeing the world on black and white terms with well defined bad guys and good guys is way more comforting than the existential dread of knowing that nothing makes sense and people just make up bullshit as they go along

captain america the winter soldier was a good movie about this

yeah but

gently caress authority

U WANTED TO

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Coolie Ghost posted:

i just started reading the unabomber manifesto and kazcysnski totally thinks you're a pussy

that human being is dead tho

being dead is the4 ultimate pussification.... ghosts are pussies

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
lol commies are just hitlers who feel they've got to explain themselves to their own emotionally retarded child-soul we've all known this for sure ever since that RAF hussie Ulrike Meinhof took the stand and said her garbage nonsense then killed herself to go sip Curamel Marxiatto's in Hell with the "geldjudens" or whatever dumb sadbrain poo poo was talking about lol

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

basement jihadist posted:

being alive doesn't make you any less human being hth

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Junkfist posted:

lol commies are just hitlers who feel they've got to explain themselves to their own emotionally retarded child-soul we've all known this for sure ever since that RAF hussie Ulrike Meinhof took the stand and said her garbage nonsense then killed herself to go sip Curamel Marxiatto's in Hell with the "geldjudens" or whatever dumb sadbrain poo poo was talking about lol

This is extremely true

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Junkfist posted:

is that a ghost.... emotionally retarded child-soul???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

basement jihadist posted:

being dead is the4 ultimate pussification.... ghosts are pussies

He's just in prison

• Locked thread