Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Black Bones posted:

Is there any actual workable definition that isn't conspiracy-theory racism, I really want to soothe my friends' insanity if I can

It's a rebranding of SJW-ism. Authoritarian leftist bullshit. It's a poor term to describe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

TEAYCHES posted:

no, the entire concept is delusional and hinges on some paranoid fantasy that theres some marxist plan to take over america by the elites to make your children gay and communist its completely loving incoherent

Beware, this man is a gay communist.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

If the left had but a fraction of the magical powers idiot shitbirds ascribe it I'd be a happy man

Or used even a fraction of what they do have on something meaningful.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
THS you should really learn how to post "I'm gay" in Russian, I feel that's the next evolution of your gimmick.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Yeah you should really post "I'm gay" in new languages.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Black Bones posted:

Aw man, they're not bad people, just kinda really ignorant about subjects not involving trains/computer engineering. I was hoping i could find some sort of mental/moral olive branch to offer, like "ok this part of what you said is a sensible thing to be afraid of"

sjw is already outdated?? drat i must be getting old, I can't keep up with all the changing slang.

The people who dislike SJWs did some googling, found Cultural Marxism, and now think it's the underlying cause of SJWs instead of realizing it's mostly just a bunch of self-righteous white narcissists expressing their nature.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
My favorite thing with Marxists is how they will explain away how every failed Communist state "wasn't actually Marxist" with a straight face just how every uber-capitalist will explain away the evils of their preferred philosophy with "a true free market has never existed".

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

mdm posted:

Both are right though lol

They're right because human nature precludes either from ever existing. You would have an easier time teaching 100 cats to sing La Boheme than you would convincing all of humanity to set aside their own personal interests for the greater good(if you could even get them all to agree what the greater good was to begin with).

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

babypolis posted:

we already do tons of things that go agaisnt our "human nature". you think pooping in a toilet is part of our nature? of course it isnt, we have to be taught to do it. education and culture can shape man in a multitude of ways

Marxism - like making GBS threads in a toilet.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

babypolis posted:

im not really a marxist but i dont get how "workers own the means of production" is this impossible fairytale that could never be achieved

Have you ever been in a meeting with average workers? Also, the workers all wouldn't own the means of production, 51% of them would. Even if you put the means of production in the hands of workers and redistributed all the wealth, in 20 years it will all have distilled into the hands of a few.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

rudatron posted:

that's why you prevent private accumulation

all means of production belong to everyone, always

Right into secret police territory and tattling on your neighbor. It's not like this hasn't been tried multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Boris has 5 potatoes and I only have one!

*Calls the secret police to inform on Boris.*

*Secret police show up, send Boris to Siberia, take his potatoes back to the station and eat them.*

• Locked thread