Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Hello. Here are the results of the previous not even month's prediction game;

Highest scorers;

MotU 32.2
Legoman727 31.2
Metalocalypse 27.2
that DICK! 27
Chewy Bitems 26.2
TheRico 26.2
triplexpac 26.2
Mercury Crusader 26.2

Current leaders;

Legoman727 43.31
MotU 140.81
TheRico 134.81
bran_loghair 134.31
ShakeZula 132.81
Jerusalem 132.31
21 Hoot Salute 131.81
EvilBadman 131.81
nonrev 131.81
NowonSA 131.81

Top Write-in Answers;

For these, I ended up giving bonus points to a lot of people, like 5 or 6, because we had some fantastic creativity. I'll just put a couple of here.

Haven posted:

After a decent and even-fought match, Cena gets the upper hand over Owens. Owens takes an AA which he kicks out of because of course he does, but he is clearly worn down and tired. As he's stretched out, gasping for air (he is fat you see), Cena tries to have a heart-to-heart with him. Cena is not one to taunt, he just wants to talk, mano a mano.

"Kevin, you keep saying you're doing all this for your family. For your kid. Do you think they're proud of what you've become?" Cena points to KO's wife and kid sitting in the front row.

Owens' wife sees her cue and starts to yell. "Fight Owens fi--"

But she's cut off by Owens' kid, in full Cenation gear, headband, big stupid shirt, wristbands, the whole bit, screaming out "LET'S GO CENA!"

Owens snaps. He launches himself at Cena, who tries in vain to put up any kind of defense. He hits the Pop-up Powerbomb (which in my fantasy booking makes a "bloooop" sound every time, like Pop-up Video) and Cena is knocked dafuggout. Bell rings, KO wins!

This is a huge moment. For Kevin, for NXT, for his family. His wife and son make their way to the ring for the celebration, but what's this? Kevin Owens snatches up his son in what seems at first to be a fatherly bear hug but instead, oh no, BAH GOD DON'T DO IT --

Owens gives his own kid the Package Piledriver for being such a Cena-loving little poo poo. Ultimate heel.

TL posted:

Nah. I started writing a Tyson Kidd/Big E erotic fan fiction and had to ask myself what the gently caress I'm doing with my life.

MotU posted:

Was I right? Did I mess up? I lie awake in bed, eyes glued to the ceiling. Despite the air conditioner being on, my entire body is drenched in sweat. It soaks through to my bones, chilling my entire being. I see movement out of the corner or my eye. Is it a mosquito or a june bug, or perhaps something more sinister? A malicious spirit haunting my home, or perhaps the last vestiges or my identity I have begun to doubt escaping from my addled mind?

"What is your SA name?"

I repeat that question over and over in my head, almost as a self-mockery. The creeping doubt haunts my mind. 'MotU' I had said, but was it the truth? I cover my face with my hands and slowly bring them away from my face. Are these my hands, MotU's hands? Or are they MotU's hands but not my own? The questions fill my head like the, harshest auto-tuned stinger.

I arise from my downy prison. The sweat has soaked through my sheets. I sigh. Slowly I creep downstairs, hoping not to awake the multitude of denizens that reside in my home. Their cat eyes judge me harsher than my own malevolent doubt can ever hope to. I enter the kitchen, and open a bottle to pour myself a nightcap. PBR, 2015. A good vintage.

"Who am I?", I ask myself once more. Names like SamuraiFoochs and SportsGenius86 flood my mind. Am I them? Are they me? No, no, impossible, I am a good poster. R-Rovert? No, no, impossible, I am not that good. My hands begin to shake. An ominous air fills the room. The phone rings.

I make my way through the haze to answer it. When I lift the receiver, static fills my ear. I jerk my hand away. I hear a voice. The almost robotic tone begins to speak.

"If you have participated in the prediction game this Season, press a 1 now."

My body goes numb. I start to tremble. I drop my my knees. My finger hovers over '1' but I cannot command my brain to press it. Everything begins to blur. My body seizes. Blood begins to well up in my throat.

"What is your SA name?"

I am unable to answer.

I will be forever unable to answer.

And here is the forum and questions for this week/month;

Ladder Match for the WWE Championship (10 Points)

Which Authority Members are going to help Seth Rollins? (checkboxes, 1 point per correct one)

Money in the Bank Ladder Match (10 points)

Intercontinental Championship Match: Ryback versus Big Show (7 points)

Champion Versus Champion Rematch; John Cena versus Kevin Owens (7 points)

WWE Tag Team Title Match: New Day versus Prime Time Players (6 Points)

Preshow; R-Truth versus King Barret (2 points)

Diva's Title Match; Paige versus Nikki Bella (2 points)

http://goo.gl/forms/sGn0htpv8m

Don't forget to have fun!

I realize the point values are still quite low. They will be picking up as the game presses on because having to do 3 of these over 6 weeks is actually pretty tiring.

Here's the total results;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PME5lL1ueALuGnSqrH8JntimdAiN-mZpQnW-oB3CUtg/edit#gid=1758824609

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm glad I squeaked into the top 10. As usual, my only true goal is to beat J-Ru.

My submission's in, I like my jokey joke this time.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Seems like a pretty easy card to pick which means I'm getting last place.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I realize it's not a lot of points, but there doesn't seem to be any reason NOT to just check all the boxes for Authority Interference just to cover your bases, unless I'm looking at this wrong.

Just saying, though you probably already saw that and that's the point.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
All submitted. Let's go Kofi!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Submitted my response, glad to see fantasy booking my own death 2 months in a row paid off

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I realize it's not a lot of points, but there doesn't seem to be any reason NOT to just check all the boxes for Authority Interference just to cover your bases, unless I'm looking at this wrong.

Just saying, though you probably already saw that and that's the point.

my original idea was that if you didn't pick someone who didn't show up you got a point, but if they didn't show up and you did pick it you got nothing, like this;

Say JJ, Big Show interfere but no Kane;

Picking JJ, Big Show, but not Kane is 3 points
Picking JJ, Big Show, and Kane is 2 points.

I unno. Maybe I'll do it your way.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Stallion Cabana posted:

my original idea was that if you didn't pick someone who didn't show up you got a point, but if they didn't show up and you did pick it you got nothing, like this;

Oh no I was confused about how it worked and thought it was the freebie too :(

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Didn't actually watch RAW for the last few weeks. Still, it can't possibly get worse.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Another week, another PPV. Time to get points.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I forgot there was a ppv sunday so thanks for reminding me thread

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I predict this show is going to own.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Stallion Cabana posted:

Which Authority Members are going to help Seth Rollins? (checkboxes, 1 point per correct one)

What if you predict nobody will help him? Check Other?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm still miffed that I forgot about the EC game because I loving forgot about the PPV because there are too many loving special events in not enough time so they don't loving feel special.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Submitted.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I made my picks with the assumption that it was working this way, with unchecked boxes giving points if they don't help out. I'd prefer to stick to that method. It's also the only way that makes sense to me, because otherwise everyone has no reason to do anything but check all the boxes anyway, and at that point why even have the category?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Stallion Cabana posted:

Nah, it just wasn't clear at least to me that this would be the method, and others seem to think the same way you do. This is better.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Glad I made it on the highest scorers list, especially since I don't bother doing write in stuff

Edit: I don't think any match has given me as much trouble as R-Truth vs Barrett

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I predict this show is going to own.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can you link the scoring sheet?

Also, are you deducting wrong answers from the interference question? As it's written, we can just check everyone and get all the points for the correct ones with no penalty.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Endless Mike posted:

As it's written, we can just check everyone and get all the points for the correct ones with no penalty.

drat!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

Edit: I don't think any match has given me as much trouble as R-Truth vs Barrett

It's like strapping buttered toast to a cat's back and pushing it off the table

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

It's like strapping buttered toast to a cat's back and pushing it off the table

This mental image killed me.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Submitted. Ladders are cool!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Endless Mike posted:

Can you link the scoring sheet?

Also, are you deducting wrong answers from the interference question? As it's written, we can just check everyone and get all the points for the correct ones with no penalty.

yeah I forgot to link the score sheet. I'll add it to OP and here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PME5lL1ueALuGnSqrH8JntimdAiN-mZpQnW-oB3CUtg/edit#gid=1758824609

What it is is that that you won't lose points for the interference, but you might not gain any. If you just check everyone then everyone that interferes will give you a point, but everyone who doesn't won't give you a point. While if you correctly predict who won't be there, or if no one will be and you left it, you get points for that.

like;

J&J, Kane, and new Authority Member Kevin Owens Interfere;

Points for J&J, Kane, and 'Other Authority Member', plus points for leaving HHH/Steph and Big Show blank.

No one interferes;

1 point for each one left blank

Everyone interferes;

1 point for each one marked

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
Hot dang! Top 3!

Submitted. Can I keep it going? (No, I won't)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Is there a way I can just change my answers for that one question then since it wasn't clear to me at all and thought it was a 'jokey jokey' freebie since the Authority always interferes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I submitted my terrible and bad picks.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

MotU posted:

Is there a way I can just change my answers for that one question then since it wasn't clear to me at all and thought it was a 'jokey jokey' freebie since the Authority always interferes

I'm just gonna give everyone 5 points rather then deal with people needing to resubmit and stuff.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm going with my heart on this, let's see if it works.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm just gonna give everyone 5 points rather then deal with people needing to resubmit and stuff.

Participant idiocy wins again :v:

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
I'm surprised that I got any points, let alone beat other people. Let's try to ruin that with this round! :confuoot:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I submitted last night. Forgot to post

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
No title changes and Mark Henry gets involved in the Ryback/Big Show feud. Let's see it unfold.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Done. Let's go Cena/Seth/Nikki/Status Quo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'll continue my streak of being bad.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I think I might actually now be the worst person who's played the whole season so far.

...nope, I'm still ahead of one person.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Last time my optimism paid off when I picked Owens to win. This time, I'm going to revert to my old strategy of "pick Cena and hope I'm wrong."

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hopefully I score more than 0.2 this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
It's about time I joined in the games, I'm sure this will result in glory.

• Locked thread