Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Jesus, a straight up filthy dq by soccer kick would fit this card pretty nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

But he clearly needs a few more fights in before fighting for the title

This is what people said days before Horiguchi was announced :smith:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:D

He had some bad fish tacos.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Cejudo sux

I want him to fight DJ so he can get clowned on

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
There are ten minutes left, let's go BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
So.... I guess he's probably next by default?

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Well the taco probably helped with the weight cut...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All I really remember about the Aztecs is our history teacher saying they were the scumbags of the pre-colombian era

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

This is what people said days before Horiguchi was announced :smith:

It's what Horiguichi said after winning the fight before DJ.

The Aztecs were so harsh that when the Spanish came the subjugated tribes were flocking to them in order to overthrow the Aztecs. But it was a "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" situation

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 14, 2015

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Javier Mendez needs to start watching pro wrestling with DC to work on his interviews

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Miching Mallecho posted:

He had some bad fish tacos.

I was half paying attention when he was speaking in Spanish because I'm not really that great with it spoken, but when he said "pescado" my ears perked up wondering "WTF?"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I believe in Werdum

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's what Horiguichi said after winning the fight before DJ.

I forgot that haha

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
TIEMPOS DE GRITO DEL HOMBRE CALVO

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

LobsterMobster posted:

TIEMPOS DE GRITO DEL HOMBRE CALVO

TIMES OF BALD MAN SHOUTING

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

BALD MAN SHOUT OVER THE WHO TIME!

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Jesus christ Dana turning purple.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Bald man shout time is something future generations will not appreciate or understand.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
some of the god drat faces rogan makes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Bald man shout time is something future generations will not appreciate or understand.

I do not understand it, but I am a new fan AKA sub-human scum.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

EmmyOk posted:

time honored tradition of Dana and Joe screaming in each others sweaty faces about why you should spend money on the ppv. I'd be upset if it didn't happen.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

EmmyOk posted:

Joe Rogan used to have hair and a slightly smaller head. So it used to look like an ordinary guy yelling at a bald man. Joe Rogan took a bunch of HGH and now looks like a shorter bulkier Dana White. The two of them yell at each other before every PPV to hype up viewers into purchasing the card. Too much enthusiasm, too much balding, too much shouting, not enough time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

time honored tradition of Dana and Joe screaming in each others sweaty faces about why you should spend money on the ppv. I'd be upset if it didn't happen.

Haha cool!

I will forever love the PPV opening

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The bar where I watch every PPV is only playing the UFC on one TV because of the Stanley Cup. Let's go Hawks, I guess. Win fast so they can switch the other TVs to a sport where they fight without shirts.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

werdum absolutely will not stop having fun, which to me is cool. equally cool is being a dour killing machine. this fight is very good

yes

LobsterMobster posted:

It's a proud tradition for dorky white folks to go to Mexico and get destroyed off of body shots, it just usually happens on Spring Break.

yes

Triticum Guzzler posted:

do not call yourself cassius clay, in my opinion

yes

Triticum Guzzler posted:

mayhem miller sucks and so does the other guy

yes

Wise Learned Man posted:

No discussion of brutal standing guillotines is complete without:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Gmn3YDxJo

yes

LobsterMobster posted:

There are ten minutes left, let's go BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES

yes

EvanSchenck posted:

Don't forget that Pendred's last fight before this one was a total mess where he decisively lost every round but at the same time did exactly the most minimal, dogshit performance to convince a judge that he actually won each round, leading to a decision victory that baffled everyone who actually watched it

e: like I remember posting in the GDT that his performance was like a scientific experiment in how to do as badly as possible while still "winning" the round on the scorecards

Also after that fight he had the gall to give an interview to mmajunkie where he bitched out Joe Rogan and said his announciing was the only reason people thought he lost that fight.

EmmyOk posted:

Do not make me cross with you!

Also out of interest how sore are foot stamps in the clinch? They always make me wince a bit, but the sound could be misleading.

EvanSchenck posted:

They don't feel good and in theory you could gently caress up a guy's foot and slow his movement, but in practice they're mainly a way to look active and hopefully stop the ref from breaking up the clinch.

One thing people don't realize is that if you stomp someone's foot the main defense is for them to take their weight off it. If you've got a guy against the cage, making them take their weight off one foot lets you attack the other with single leg pickups or the same one with footsweeps. That's the reason Serra is always yelling for foot stomps.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The bar where I watch every PPV is only playing the UFC on one TV because of the Stanley Cup. Let's go Hawks, I guess. Win fast so they can switch the other TVs to a sport where they fight without shirts.

funny. i somewhat care about the hawks and bolts game and it's on like 1 of the 50 tvs here and UFC is on all the others.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

One thing people don't realize is that if you stomp someone's foot the main defense is for them to take their weight off it. If you've got a guy against the cage, making them take their weight off one foot lets you attack the other with single leg pickups or the same one with footsweeps. That's the reason Serra is always yelling for foot stomps.

I never thought of that, it's very sneaky.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

All I really remember about the Aztecs is our history teacher saying they were the scumbags of the pre-colombian era

Yeah, they thought the continued existence of the world depended on continual human sacrifice so they were constantly killing people by flaying them alive, cutting the living hearts from chests, or other metal poo poo such as might figure in a Josh Barnett walkout song. They preferred to use non-Aztecs for this and they had to capture enough people to torture-murder 50 people on daily average (by the lowest estimates), so everybody in Central America totally hated them. This has been your UFC 188 Mexican History lesson.

fatherdog posted:

Thanks, that makes a ton of sense. And in fact you could see Camus did exactly that, it was just that Cejudo couldn't convert it into anything.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

funny. i somewhat care about the hawks and bolts game and it's on like 1 of the 50 tvs here and UFC is on all the others.

The bartender made up for it by bringing me my Sprite before I even went to the bar to ask. I guess being the only non-drinker in a bar every UFC has its benefits.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Different countries?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

acejackson42 posted:

Different countries?

Any non-Midwestern or Tampa city won't give a poo poo about this game. All the "hockey lovers" in LA probably think the season is over now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that girl has cool hair.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Any non-Midwestern or Tampa city won't give a poo poo about this game. All the "hockey lovers" in LA probably think the season is over now.

Yeah for sure... but if someone is at a bar in Canada, odds are hockey is the priority.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EvanSchenck posted:

Yeah, they thought the continued existence of the world depended on continual human sacrifice so they were constantly killing people by flaying them alive, cutting the living hearts from chests, or other metal poo poo such as might figure in a Josh Barnett walkout song. They preferred to use non-Aztecs for this and they had to capture enough people to torture-murder 50 people on daily average (by the lowest estimates), so everybody in Central America totally hated them. This has been your UFC 188 Mexican History lesson.

Janey mack that is a lot of people. Appreciate the post!

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I hope Angela wins. Her striking is pretty entertaining.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Angela Hill is really likable so I hope she's developed past the point where her only attribute is looking like the female version of Cheick Kongo, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
Did Hill just walk out to Dethklok?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

K8.0 posted:

Angela Hill is really likable so I hope she's developed past the point where her only attribute is looking like the female version of Cheick Kongo, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Cheick Kongo is bald, you racist.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I have met many who eat Dorito's and few of them are bold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

K8.0 posted:

1)what
2)What??

Also she still might win because Torres has no finishing ability whatsoever

• Locked thread