Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
This fight does not seem main card worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

Yeah, they thought the continued existence of the world depended on continual human sacrifice so they were constantly killing people by flaying them alive, cutting the living hearts from chests, or other metal poo poo such as might figure in a Josh Barnett walkout song. They preferred to use non-Aztecs for this and they had to capture enough people to torture-murder 50 people on daily average (by the lowest estimates), so everybody in Central America totally hated them. This has been your UFC 188 Mexican History lesson.

They had annual wars where they forced other tribes to send troops to be killed and captured by the Aztec army to fuel their sacrifices and slave trade.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
At a bar for this fight and a couple guys just Wooed at the octagon girls. This is going well.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Kekekela posted:

This fight does not seem main card worthy.

Neither does the next one. The UFC always has a lovely opener for these foreign PPV's

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Headrush is happy with how this fight stsrted.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Angela Hill is really likable so I hope she's developed past the point where her only attribute is looking like the female version of Cheick Kongo, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Good thing low blows aren't a foul in WMMA (I think?)

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

slev posted:

Good thing low blows aren't a foul in WMMA (I think?)

You're wrong

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

God I can't imagine anyone that's not Gadelha fighting a winning fight against Joanna right now, everyone else lacks the hand speed and power of her striking.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Le Saboteur posted:

At a bar for this fight and a couple guys just Wooed at the octagon girls. This is going well.

are you drinking with ric flair

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Hm, it seems like this fight should have been on Fight Pass.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
This is, unsurprisingly, bad

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hill looked decent walking Tecia down but she's got to work on the ground.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

They had annual wars where they forced other tribes to send troops to be killed and captured by the Aztec army to fuel their sacrifices and slave trade.

Yep, I was keeping it brief to avoid history sperging all over the active GDT.

Big John was pretty content to let them work it out on the ground there, even without much effective activity. If Tecia can get more of those takedowns she could just ride out a decision.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

God I can't imagine anyone that's not Gadelha fighting a winning fight against Joanna right now, everyone else lacks the hand speed and power of her striking.

She might not be ready for a title shot vs Joanna Champion, but I really want Grasso in the UFC

edited for clarity

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 14, 2015

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

i'm doing an experiment where I'm just passively listening to the audio and ignoring the video entirely and I can already tell it's a bad fight because I haven't heard the crowd do anything in 10 minutes and I hear no urgency in Joe's voice when doing color

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dangersim posted:

It's like I'm watching Angela Hill practice her defensive guard with a sparring partner

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

i'm doing an experiment where I'm just passively listening to the audio and ignoring the video entirely and I can already tell it's a bad fight because I haven't heard the crowd do anything in 10 minutes and I hear no urgency in Joe's voice when doing color

The whistling is not good...

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Joe Rogan: Nothing is happening here, because the competitors are so skilled.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Aannnddd back to half guard

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
"due to the skill level of these fighters this might be like, nothing happens here" ... lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Half-guard 'battle'

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

1st AD posted:

1)what
2)What??

Also she still might win because Torres has no finishing ability whatsoever

As you can now clearly see, her only real attribute is having a lot of muscles and looking like a badass fighternot being fat.

She needs to get out of whatever lovely camp she's at and train somewhere real.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I definitely think I suffered from Stockholm syndrome because I used to think Invicta fights were a lot better than they actually were.

Like I was impressed by Torres decisioning Felice lol

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
who is the female mark hunt

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
It's going to be weird when they stand up for the decision and they're both fresh and not remotely damaged, because nothing at all happened during the fight

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
"Big John about to fall asleep so he stands them up."

Love you Joe

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
hahahaha Joe finally telling it like it is. has he ever said "the most boring thing to happen in MMA"? In all the years I've been watching I don't remember. He almost always tries to defend it as being a battle fans won't like/isn't the most exciting/etc. but it's still a war going on!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Make the women fight in Invicta or some poo poo but occasionally let Joanna and ronda clown somebody in the ufc

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Holy poo poo, Joe crapping on a boring ground fight. This is new ground folks...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

hahahaha Joe finally telling it like it is. has he ever said "the most boring thing to happen in MMA"? In all the years I've been watching I don't remember. He almost always tries to defend it as being a battle fans won't like/isn't the most exciting/etc. but it's still a war going on!

"We can only hope"

This is for sure the most bored I've heard him

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Somebody on this forum was talking up Tecia Torres at some point and I am not very happy with whoever that person is.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Call up Grasso and send down these two girls. They bad.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I love WMMA but how the gently caress is this a main card fight?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Somebody on this forum was talking up Tecia Torres at some point and I am not very happy with whoever that person is.

Bean Fried put a little siren in his big event list to signify that this fight would be cool and good. Look at how wrong he is.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Joe with the Brazilian excuses

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

I've done it at some point, I'm the worst sorry

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

JDS looks lIke enjoying himself at least

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
this fight is boring.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I love WMMA but how the gently caress is this a main card fight?

The arena was going to sellout with just Cain vs Werdum, the rest wasn't necessary. And as far as PPV goes, it's mostly the same but they put a few more decent fights on it with Jillbear vs Eddie and Nate Marquardt vs Kelvin. For FOX they only need to promote some TUF fights and future contenders, in walks Cejudo and Escudero.

So too long didn't read they have no incentive to put anything decent in the first 2 slots of the PPV. At this rate though they would have been better off just showing highlights from Werdum and Cain's career and talk up the main event for 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I decided to make the recipe from the OP, looks pretty good

• Locked thread