Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Marquardt is as juiced as his wife is pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

MMMDMMJ would be insane if he was half as juiced as Serra is.

If Cejudo wins impressively/finishes will he get the next title shot? I can see them booking a rematch with Dodgson or a fight with Formiga but they didn't exactly set the world alight with their last fights.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Does Kelvin still look like his mammy gave him too much dinner even a weight class up?

The Anthony Johnson method.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The Mexican crowd jeering spinning poo poo is cool and funny.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Those inside leg kicks are money.

Edit: of course he gets taken down for throwing one

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

Heavyweight level gas out by collard now

I think they're both really tired.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

Don't forget that Pendred's last fight before this one was a total mess where he decisively lost every round but at the same time did exactly the most minimal, dogshit performance to convince a judge that he actually won each round, leading to a decision victory that baffled everyone who actually watched it

Yeah, he sucks and all of his fights have been loving terrible to watch.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Trevino has Sotoropilous body.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Goldberg has called like 5 or 6 fights for Escudero and had never once pronounced Hecho en Mexico correctly

I grimaced when he said it. Cool sub and Dober falls to a guillotine for the second fight in a row.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Flyweight fight reminder that DJ would crush either of these guys.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

This is what people said days before Horiguchi was announced :smith:

It's what Horiguichi said after winning the fight before DJ.

The Aztecs were so harsh that when the Spanish came the subjugated tribes were flocking to them in order to overthrow the Aztecs. But it was a "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" situation

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 14, 2015

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

Yeah, they thought the continued existence of the world depended on continual human sacrifice so they were constantly killing people by flaying them alive, cutting the living hearts from chests, or other metal poo poo such as might figure in a Josh Barnett walkout song. They preferred to use non-Aztecs for this and they had to capture enough people to torture-murder 50 people on daily average (by the lowest estimates), so everybody in Central America totally hated them. This has been your UFC 188 Mexican History lesson.

They had annual wars where they forced other tribes to send troops to be killed and captured by the Aztec army to fuel their sacrifices and slave trade.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

slev posted:

Good thing low blows aren't a foul in WMMA (I think?)

You're wrong

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Somebody on this forum was talking up Tecia Torres at some point and I am not very happy with whoever that person is.

Bean Fried put a little siren in his big event list to signify that this fight would be cool and good. Look at how wrong he is.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Bean Fried doesn't watch fights from what I can tell because he once held up Katja Kankaanpaa as a top 10 straw weight

That was baffling as well.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
"Chi-wow-wow"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Is this only on the main card because one of these dudes is Mexican?

Yair Rodriquez won TUF: Latin America.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

Are there any examples of where the guys are getting patted down pre-fight and they find something? I've never seen it but i don't exactly watch a lot.

I've seen some guys have to take off ankle sleeves or clip their nails but usually nothing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hopefully he doesn't gas his legs so he can throw more hurricane kicks.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

Rosa is fading, that shot was pathetic

e: why does Rodriguez keep refusing the top position? He's had so many opportunities to get on top and just stood it back up, but he doesn't seem totally dominant on the feet, either

He is totally dominant on the feet, at least so far.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Broken collar bone I'd guess.

the collar bone is in the front

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I will never insult a fight between unranked featherweights again.

The first fight of the card was between unranked featherweights and also owned.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

does Dan Mirgliotta have a grudge against Marquardt?

This is the same ref that let Carwin figuratively kill Frank Mir.

Edit: beaten with a gif of said murder

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Stealth Tiger posted:

"You're done bro"

-A doctor

That was his cornerman.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

LOL they recut that confrontation to remove the part where Aldo laughed in his face

Yeah it was the best part of that scrum too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's going to be funny if Conor comes into that fight with the same disregard to leg kicks as he did against Siver. Hopefully he won't because I'd like that fight to be good and cool so there can be a rematch and they can both make loads more cash.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

I'm sort of surprised by how much the crowd is taking Cain's side, I thought Mexicans tended to have an attitude issue with Mexican-Americans who spoke bad Spanish.

Only the assholes.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Both these guys have amazing chins.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Hahaha gently caress, that's awful when you think about it.

He's loving spastic for not training for that altitude though.

I don't remember if it was in an Embedded episode or something else but his coach begged him to go to Mexico early to get used to it and Cain compromised by going there 2 weeks before the fight. Listen to your coach.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
^^^ He trained in Mexico City for months and had done so before.

He really is a forest genie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It isn't like Gilbert Melendez gassed terribly right before Cain vs Werdum.

• Locked thread