Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
LMAO what a fight.

That guy's getting some legit bonus money for getting people interested in this card.

Remember guys, lighter weight fights are boring and have no finishes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

For anyone who didn't watch it or doesn't remember, you should watch the fight that was the prior record for fastest finish in that division, Scott Jorgensen vs Chad George from WEC 47. Probably the most ridiculously brutal sub finish ever.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Kekekela posted:

holy poo poo the kicking legs

If you think that's crazy look up the full fight, you can see in one of the replay angles that his head is bent in a completely unnatural way, Spotty basically broke him in half.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Holy gently caress how did this card become good all of a sudden?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Angela Hill is really likable so I hope she's developed past the point where her only attribute is looking like the female version of Cheick Kongo, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

1st AD posted:

1)what
2)What??

Also she still might win because Torres has no finishing ability whatsoever

As you can now clearly see, her only real attribute is having a lot of muscles and looking like a badass fighternot being fat.

She needs to get out of whatever lovely camp she's at and train somewhere real.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

This is... interesting. Cain's striking looks like poo poo and I'm not sure who's gassing worse.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

This is getting real heavyweight real fast.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Cain is going to have brain damage if this fight goes five rounds. He looks like a loving bobblehead in there.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

VAI CAVALO!

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

God it's a perfect night.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Werdum has so much gas he doesn't even want the translator to do the questions.

Heavyweight is over.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

LMAO the UFC was so convinced Cain was going to win that his postfight has the (C) in it still.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Fabricio "Vai Cavela" Waerdum

Goldie is so bad lol.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

squarerandom posted:

Still don't get why it was always a huge goal to go to Mexico.

Look at a list of countries by GDP and you'll understand. Mexicans ain't exactly rich but there's money there and it's an easy place to sell fights.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Four years ago his striking game consisted of flopping on his rear end and hoping his opponent was dumb enough to dive into his guard.

It actually worked way more times than it should have.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

The UFC has to be able to say nope, we aren't going to risk our business on you making that weight.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Apparently kidney problems force you to have like 35% bodyfat.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

This stream is sure some quality poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

I think Cain's cardio was impacted more by his injuries and not training than the elevation. It was garbage, a guy who could easily go three hard rounds at sea level gassed like a fattyweight in round 1. If it was all the elevation we would have seen Kimbo/Alexander level gassing in the rest of the decisions. His striking was a lot better in his previous fights. I initially assumed it was because his gameplan was to just throw some wild poo poo as he worked his way in and put Fabricio against the cage, but after the fight I'm starting to wonder if his technique regressed similarly to his cardio during his layoff.

I don't think you can blame his injuries for that, though. Dominick Cruz is injured all the goddamn time too and the one time he came back and fought he looked exactly like himself. Maybe AKA sucks at managing injured fighters or maybe Cain just needs to train hard all the time to keep his mind in the right place. If he doesn't fall apart again I tend to think his next fight will be a dominating return to form and lead him right back to the belt, which sucks because I much prefer Werdum as a human being to Cain.

• Locked thread