Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
Whenever I think about neat DooM WADs, the first thing that comes to mind is always imposs.wad.

The gist is that it tries to be like an M.C. Escher work. Although I felt that some of the enemy placement and level design can get a bit dickish, it's definitely worth a look!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008

Oh awesome, you got around to the WAD I suggested! I'm glad you had fun with imposs.wad, as it really does feature some great mindfuck moments that you rarely see done well in games. The difficulty does steadily ramp up into fairly bullshit territory towards the end, unfortunately, but I encourage you to slap on godmode and give it another try if you're interested. I'm just happy that there's now some video of the WAD in action, as I don't believe anyone else has done a video of it, and I don't have the setup for it myself.

It's by and large my favourite Doom map just for all the weird stuff it does, like those imps that fade in and out of visibility, and all the M.C. Escher stuff it pulls. One thing to note is that, in the circular part with the Pain Elemental, there's a very high chance of getting telefragged if I recall correctly. The elemental or any of its lost souls can teleport in where you're standing, and I think it'll instakill you. Anyway, thanks again for taking a look at that WAD. Brings back some great memories of showing it around to my friends.

• Locked thread