Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol your show got canceled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

where the gently caress do they keep getting bodies the body store

the jerk store of course

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Docahedron posted:

The Red Dragon movie is awful and should only be watched to laugh at Ed Norton's "I'll cut it off!" scene towards the end, and Ralph Fiennes astronomically horrendous line delivery, acting, and...well, everything. Manhunter would be a perfect depiction of the Red Dragon novel if it wasn't soured with bad 80s music.

Good luck finding Red Dragon now, since the DVD is now out of print and the most recent release of the Hannibal Lecter Collection included Manhunter instead of Red Dragon, which is funny since RD was supposed to replace Manhunter.

Docahedron posted:

I can understand why people don't like this show because it's rather ridiculous, but the character of Hannibal is a Gary Stu with 6 fingers on one hand, the highest IQ EVARRR!!!!111 and the ability to smell lingering perfume that a person hasn't used in days. Oh and I almost forgot, he can also control his heartbeat/blood pressure. Thomas Harris loves Hannibal to the point he eventually makes him an antihero that only eats "rude" people that "deserve" it. The novels are trash (except Red Dragon and Silence, Red Dragon especially is excellent) and it's fine to dislike them.

I really think that Harris started believing his own hype when it got to Hannibal. Lecter is pretty well-defined by the time Silence Of The Lambs ends, we know why he's doing it: he's basically transcended human morality and thinks of himself as some sort of godlike figure, playing games with human authority, and is manipulating others, like Dollarhyde or Gumb, achieve the same. The whole cannibal antihero weakens him quite a bit by trying to make him sympathetic when he should be some sort of almost unknowable evil force.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

RedDragon is seriously the worst loving remake and crime drama.

It's like a kids version of Manhunter.

A friend of mine summed it up better as the pretty-boy version of Manhunter. Ralph Fiennes is no Tom Noonan and Ed Norton looks like a kid compared to permanent five-o-clock shadow Petersen.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I think it is interesting to watch and different from other stuff on TV and is so over the top you can't really be offended when it's stupid. I mean it's freaking TV, of course it's stupid.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
I'm sure that some of you already know this but, apparently, Hannibal isn't coming back after season 3 ends.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shaddak posted:

I'm sure that some of you already know this but, apparently, Hannibal isn't coming back after season 3 ends.

ran out of ideas for things corpses can be made to do on network tv

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
corpse rodeo
corpse roller coaster
corpse library
corpse dog show
corpse calvin & hobbes
corpse trampoline farm
corpse bungee cord
corpse pacific rim 2 test screening
corpse miller lite
corpse construction crew (ironic)

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011
Probation

Pick posted:

ran out of ideas for things corpses can be made to do on network tv

But if they had Hannibal turn into a zombie, he'd have a reason for eating people.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shaddak posted:

It might not even make it out to it's finale. Supposedly the ratings drop has been getting worse with each subsequent episode.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

naming a cannibal hannibal is like the stupidest thing ever

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FirstPersonShitter posted:

naming a cannibal hannibal is like the stupidest thing ever

No rap is.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011
Probation

Young Freud posted:

It might not even make it out to it's finale. Supposedly the ratings drop has been getting worse with each subsequent episode.

Not enough people appreciate over-the-top gore.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
by making death beautiful and artsy, it makes one appreciate the amazingness of life even more

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

corpse rodeo
corpse roller coaster
corpse library
corpse dog show
corpse calvin & hobbes
corpse trampoline farm
corpse bungee cord
corpse pacific rim 2 test screening
corpse miller lite
corpse construction crew (ironic)

Corpses arranged in the shape of a giant corpse (i'm talking 40 feet long at least)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011
Probation

Corek posted:

Corpses arranged in the shape of a giant corpse (i'm talking 40 feet long at least)

Culminating in a Hannibal self-portrait made of corpses.

• Locked thread