Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Let's see

(Names are all spelled incorrectly. Some may apply to Chicago only?)

First off they can never shut up abt black people.

When it comes to music, the quality of the music is irrelevant. The background and nationality of the artist is.

The world with Marco worman is the shittiest thing on the radio. Ooh, look, this small island nation has a dust problem. This is news.

Terri gross and the fresh air crew are usually on point.

I don't know what the gently caress happened to Q. So Jain gomeschi is a violent lover? He was good. Now it's just a bunch of dumb Canadians and dumb hosts with hashtags and poo poo.

Robin young and her cronies at Wbur boston are big dummies.

Sound opinions is sound garbage.

Here in Chicago they fired Nyla Boodoo which is a continuation into mediocrity because she was alright.

A prairie home companion and garrison Keillor represent the horror of the mid west and the crippling senility of a dying generation. He is not funny or talented.

Snap judgement is incredibly stupid, and it's host is a human being.

The third coast audio festival just doesn't make any sense. It's the radio equivalent of pcp. Or a massive stroke that occurs during a schizophrenic episode.

The bbc news hour is dope. Sometimes razier ickball tears into some third world minister of internal affairs over mistreatment of some non entity.

Adolfo rays was a violent psychopath at 14 and deserved to be re sentenced to a just and holy Life In Prison. Sorry abt your poster boy, npr.

And finally a big gently caress you to kaiser health news for their disgusting puff pieces on corporate healthcare.

Hope everyone is having a nice night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We need more entertaining radio talk shows in America. And no, not podcasts. REal radio shows, not ramblings some basement dwelling virgin made about his lates sonic fan fiction

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
my car radio is broken so i dont listen to npr any more

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

my car radio is broken so i dont listen to npr any more

I envy you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:agreed:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like to listen to marketplace with kai ryssdal on my drive home

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Neukoln19 posted:

I envy you

:angel:

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
the bbc news hour literally every night is about the change of leadership and corruption in some buttfuck african nation

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cab drivers across the country mostly just listen to npr all day so theyre pretty smart and know stuff

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm Kai Risdahl and THIS... is markehtplehhhhhhhhhhhhhhs

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This American Life makes it all worth it. And Serial although it's not officially NPR you know it's a brother from another mother. I'm going to go and day dream about starlee Kine and Sarah Koenig.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Kai risdall is usually on point. Marketplace morning report taught me a lot about the Han seng and British stock poo poo

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
i will never forget you cherry glaser

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
loving lol if you listen to the radio when you get in the car

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

npr is loving milquetoast imperial centrist garbage marketed to liberals who want to feel informed

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
What, you don't like Jimmy and the BIG DAWG on 99.3 The Freak?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
loving lol if you don't have a live band or at least a guy with a harmonica and guitar in your back seat just loving lol

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
In one breath (here in Chicago, The Only City That Matters) they'll be like "broadcasting from navy pier" and in the next they'll be like "win a free party on our garden terrace with craft beer kegs and a live band!"

And then for two weeks all they do is ask you for money.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

npr is loving milquetoast imperial centrist garbage marketed to liberals who want to feel informed

Here's a man who knows his poo poo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

terri gross is probably the only person on npr who isnt loving terrible. and i guess kai ryssdal has a cute voice

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
lol ok move your face to take a breath away from the microphone

lets see

car talk

wait thats gone now

david sedaris specials

can get those on pbs

TRY AGAIN BITCHNITZ

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Zoe Chace's voice triggered my sons autism on the way to soccer practice so we don't listen to it with him in the car anymore.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Only poor people listen to anything but sports radio (fagots) or NPR (educated fagots) OTA. I mean statistically speaking and general knowledge.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

like lol if you listen to npr and think you get anything other than the most bland stenography of Common Sense Opinions. its pure ideology

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Flo Cytometer posted:

lol ok move your face to take a breath away from the microphone

lets see

car talk

wait thats gone now

david sedaris specials

can get those on pbs

TRY AGAIN BITCHNITZ

Best of cartalk will bear the Sunday load for about 5 more years until all car problems start to become more contemporary (batteries hybrids etc)

Haven't heard sedaris once on npr in the past five years

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

car talk was good but they died

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

loving lol if you don't have a live band or at least a guy with a harmonica and guitar in your back seat just loving lol

i would but the GOVERNMENT requires me to give him a W-2 if he plays more than five hours a week and pay fuckin unemployment and payroll tax to boot

edit: you bet your garden is the best radio show about plants, period :colbert:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Ideology!! :byodood:

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

like lol if you listen to npr and think you get anything other than the most bland stenography of Common Sense Opinions. its pure ideology

Please don't use the "I" word in my threads

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this but in a zizek voice

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Welcome back to Krazy 92! For the 3rd time this hour, here's "lips are movin"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's the Obama of radio stations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vladimir Putin posted:

This American Life makes it all worth it.

No.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i listen to jim rome in the morning :twisted:

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Here in Chicago we have this horrible thing called vocolo which is nprs reach for the hipster market. Periodically, and unpredictably, the afternoon shift (Melba Lara and formerly Nyla Boodoo) will erupt in an epilepsy of horrible trance music. It's a "mix". It was mixed by an ethnic minority. It lasts about five minutes.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Chinatown posted:

i listen to jim rome in the morning :twisted:

people like to poo poo on rome but come on, gottlieb is on right after him and isn't even 1/10 as good

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Here in Chicago we also have this horrible poo poo called story core. It's where someone who is black, disabled, gay, or any combination of the three has one of their boring friends or relatives interview them about what a freak they are.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Neukoln19 posted:

Here in Chicago we also have this horrible poo poo called story core. It's where someone who is black, disabled, gay, or any combination of the three has one of their boring friends or relatives interview them about what a freak they are.

thats nationwide or at least i used to hear it in delaware. in omaha we dont get diane rheim so i dont get to hear someone dying on air anymore

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't mind seeing radio dramas make a come back. Can't be any worse than the constant non-stop top 40's that is Chicago Radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

TEAYCHES posted:

kai ryssdal has a cute voice

mar-kit-plehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs

• Locked thread