Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
how else are you gonna get pegged by rihanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I liked the teleporting old people in that movie.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
BINGO!

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Full sex in the missionary only.

This battleship is getting into heaven, buddy.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I thought it'd be the worst military movie I'd see that year but then the Red Dawn remake came out and holy poo poo

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

battleshit

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

hahaaaa, YES

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Like I hated every character in Battleship but at least they had their own little one dimensional characters to hate. Red Dawn's characters didn't even have that. Each scene is like now something's gonna happen and give this character his defining moment and naw just kidding is there even a plot going on here

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I hated it so much Patrick Swayze I miss you

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

b4 u sank my battleship

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I saw it in the theaters. It was fun to laugh at with other ppl who paid money to see it.

iirc current releases really liked it.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

susbscribe for more hp bloodninja fanfic

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
chicken burrito

Raineko
Mar 12, 2012
CUCKBOAT

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lol @ the black guy who lost his lower limbs probably including his dick and balls which is why he is so mad all movie as he cant rape the blonde chick, but then he realises he is a cyborg and is happy -- then they save hawaii but the volcano (gaia) says gently caress you niggaaaaa and everyone is petrified in stone p. good movie and liam neeson

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
The ending was so brilliant and patriotic how they took an old virtually uncrewed, unarmed, and decommissioned museum ship and in about 7 minutes had it fully battle ready, I wept with :911: pride.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Did it really take you 3 years of heavy thinking to come up with this joke thread?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ThaGrandCow posted:

Did it really take you 3 years of heavy drinking to come up with this joke thread?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
battleship has to be the worst movie made since revolver

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Does Liam Neeson say "You sunk my battleship" at any point in this movie?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Number_6 posted:

The ending was so brilliant and patriotic how they took an old virtually uncrewed, unarmed, and decommissioned museum ship and in about 7 minutes had it fully battle ready, I wept with :911: pride.

"The ships enormous steam boilers haven't been fired in 30 years you're gonna have to wait 10 minutes before we can set sail, captain!"

*drops anchor at full speed and does a 180 in a 50,000 ton battlship*

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 13, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ages posted:

Does Liam Neeson say "You sunk my battleship" at any point in this movie?

Despite how they advertised it he's barely in the movie.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Zeno-25 posted:

"The ships enormous steam boilers haven't been fired in 30 years you're gonna have to wait 10 minutes before we can set sail, captain!"

This one weird trick discovered by a steamboat captain!
The US Navy hates him!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It did have that cool zz top song in it.

Being Canadian I should call them Zed Zed Top, but I don't. I prefer the American style.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Phobic Nest posted:

I hated it so much Patrick Swayze I miss you

ROAD HOUSE

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My favorite part of the movie was after the guy fought off all the and saved the world the general came up to him and said if he was ready for a real challenge he should come and join the marines.

Battleship was a pretty good commercial imo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

after the guy fought off all the and saved the world the general came up to him and said if he was ready for a real challenge he should come and join the marines.

ugh seriously? also movies that spread government propaganda are allowed access to their ships/planes/etc and some military technology that otherwise would be unavailable so its completely believable

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blue Train posted:

ugh seriously? also movies that spread government propaganda are allowed access to their ships/planes/etc and some military technology that otherwise would be unavailable so its completely believable

Yup, like I said it was a pretty good commercial, tho Top Gun is the best.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Something strange is happening to me. Is this what Republicans feel like when minority kids don't go hungry? Mah taxes!

:bahgawd:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Battletane

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

ThaGrandCow posted:

Did it really take you 3 years of heavy thinking to come up with this joke thread?

nah it was randomly on tv and then i put on some goku pants

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blue Train posted:

They do that with pretty much any movie that involves the military. If you want to use real military stuff they get final say on things. For example in Iron Man 1 they had to make some changes involving Rhodey because the Air Force wasn't happy with how they were portrayed.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
The air force didn't want to get cucked by one dude in a tin can? You don't say!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if they can make a movie about battleship the boardgame why can't they make a movie about Death from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with the reaper

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Zeno-25 posted:

The physicists and metallurgists are the ones who are going to lose all immersion with the anchor handbrake turn. Actually I'm going to get in on that too. Molecular bonds are not that strong! That chain could have been carbon nanotubes and still snapped (actually the anchor point would have sheared away in that case, whatever).

The engineering was fine though. Steam boilers are weird, they can last for ages if properly maintained. Ten minutes was too tight at least. The thing probably wouldn't have enough coal in the bunkers to do anything too. Was it oil powered? Not enough oil. No one leaves oil sitting around for years that's just stupid.

Why would an alien race engage in water battles anyway? Just chuck poo poo from orbit. Rods from god. A John Paul Jones or Arleigh Burk would be utterly gutted by something like that, even a carrier would be crippled if not sunk, with no ability to strike back too.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

IronClaymore posted:

The physicists and metallurgists are the ones who are going to lose all immersion with the anchor handbrake turn. Actually I'm going to get in on that too. Molecular bonds are not that strong! That chain could have been carbon nanotubes and still snapped (actually the anchor point would have sheared away in that case, whatever).

The engineering was fine though. Steam boilers are weird, they can last for ages if properly maintained. Ten minutes was too tight at least. The thing probably wouldn't have enough coal in the bunkers to do anything too. Was it oil powered? Not enough oil. No one leaves oil sitting around for years that's just stupid.

Why would an alien race engage in water battles anyway? Just chuck poo poo from orbit. Rods from god. A John Paul Jones or Arleigh Burk would be utterly gutted by something like that, even a carrier would be crippled if not sunk, with no ability to strike back too.

The aliens came in peace and just wanted get home after one of their ships was destroyed in a freak collision with an earthling satellite and the humans then proceeded to attack first for no clear reason. Presumably they will send actual warships next time to avenge this outrage. It's pretty weird that everyone at the end is celebrating a meaningless military victory while humanity is almost certainly going to be annihilated a week or two after the credits roll. It's even weirder that they left all of this stuff in the script and never did anything with it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cinema Discusso unironically thinks Battleship is a work of cinematic art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
rihanna's face is busted

• Locked thread