Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Because I am bad at tellin the person how I want my hair, and I feel like I give them contradictory instructions and then they get confused and feel bad when they make my hair look kind of silly or not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
:bernget:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I tell them to cut it shorter. lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I go to a place that is called Barber Shop. I walk in and say I want a regular hair cut, the they cut my hair without talking to me it's p great.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Just tell them you're lookin' for the "beebz".

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
I love getting haircuts.

I'm going to go get one right now in fact thanks for reminding me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just got a haircut today

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Establish a relationship with a pro and let them do their thing. You won't have to say anything!

Aug 4, 2010

i like it because its only time i get female contact

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

If you're a man all you do is tell them that you want it just short enough that you don't have to comb it for a week.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

www posted:

i like it because its only time i get female contact

I used to get cuts from an old army barber in a shack by the side of a minor highway. He would spin me in the chair and brake with his belly and yet I still went back. I don't recall ever having a conversation with that guy about what I wanted.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
once i was at this raging party and this guido was giving haircuts in the kitchen, it owned. like he had the barber chair and everything and he gave everyone tight fades.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's good to keep a photo of a guy with the haircut you want in your wallet. You can even use it to pretend someone loves you as well

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Sphinxster posted:

Establish a relationship with a pro and let them do their thing. You won't have to say anything!

thats what ive done in the past but i have to schedule like a month in advance to get her

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im not fond of doing it but I just go to the same person he knows how to cut my hair, does it quickly, and is pretty ok to talk to

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
"Over the ears, tapered towards the top, off the collar, kill the bangs 'n' burns."

Wish I could grow 70s wings. :sigh:

thathonkey posted:

Im not fond of doing it but I just go to the same person he knows how to cut my hair, does it quickly, and is pretty ok to talk to

Yeah did mine in early May. Its about time for a cleanup because I look like poo poo. I like Diane, and she only charges :10bux: for a good no-razor haircut. Hard to find those these days.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
convert to Islam problem solved

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

thats what ive done in the past but i have to schedule like a month in advance to get her

It's worth it if the cut is right.

Or try to find the guido party barber. That sounds like a good time.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
Cut your own hair. What, too much of a sissy? You want to let someone else f*** it all up?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i go to some guy who's ran the local barber shop for 40 years. all i gotta do is tell him how long i want my hair and he does everything else. pretty easy stuff, op

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Kyrie eleison posted:

Cut your own hair. What, too much of a sissy? You want to let someone else f*** it all up?

My mom would never ruin my hair

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kyrie eleison posted:

You should definitely refine your own petrol and do your own dental work unless you are too soft.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I go to the turkish barbers and they cut my hair how i always have it, grade two back and sides and a little bit off the top and try and make it a bit messy please. And then they ask me if I want my eyebrows trimmed and I ask if I need it and then at the end they ask me if I want any gel or 'foodge' and I say can I have a bit of wax in it please and it smells of bubblegum.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yes. Get your eyebrows did.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

The Sphinxster posted:

Yes. Get your eyebrows did.

My worry is if I get my eyebrows did then it means I'm officially old :(

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
i went to a barber like maybe three years ago before i had a job interview. got the job and said gently caress cutting that poo poo, and now i look like fabio and there ain't a drat thing anyone can do about it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Shirley Crabtree posted:

My worry is if I get my eyebrows did then it means I'm officially old :(

Baloney. It's just another thing that can be tidy or not.

edit: they're being polite when you ask if you need it

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Would you like it round or squared in the back?

Uh do I look like some kind of sissy human being? Square that poo poo off

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Would you like it round or squared in the back?

Uh do I look like some kind of sissy human being? Square that poo poo off

Are you loving kidding me what are you a jarhead? Taper that poo poo like every other normal human being.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Are you loving kidding me what are you a jarhead? Taper that poo poo like every other normal human being.

Well no poo poo dumbass they're gonna taper it off squared not gonna use a razor and turn the back of your head into a block

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:SERIOUS POST:siren:

Grow your hair out for like a month, month and a half. Find a Salon. Not a great clips, not a barber shop but a salon. When they ask what you want tell them "surprise me"

This doesn't work at places like barber shops and chain hair cutteries. Because those people don't often get a chance to express their creativity. You tell them "Surprise me" and they freeze cause they worry they'll give you a bad hair cut and you'll be mad. People who work at Salons will be excited for a chance to try something new and daring.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Volume posted:

Grow your hair out for like a month, month and a half. Find a Salon. Not a great clips, not a barber shop but a salon. When they ask what you want tell them "surprise me"

This doesn't work at places like barber shops and chain hair cutteries. Because those people don't often get a chance to express their creativity. You tell them "Surprise me" and they freeze cause they worry they'll give you a bad hair cut and you'll be mad. People who work at Salons will be excited for a chance to try something new and daring.

Honestly, this is something I keep meaning to do, but I'm cheap and I'm a pussy.

And I don't like taking the time in the morning to do anything to my hair other than run my hand through it a few times so it's mostly not messy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I go every 4 weeks. I went yesterday but my lady is on vacation till 7/2.

My hair is gonna be pretty hosed up by then.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Volume posted:

yeah i do this sometimes. it's good but like you said, you can't cheap out on places and it has to usually be one that charges $60+ for a mens cut.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

same

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wish there was a place where you could get a nice haircut and also like, a blowjob? Or maybe at least a handjob during

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is there a better facial hair style than chinstrap ? bout to shave and need to know if i should go with it

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Zzulu posted:

i wish there was a place where you could get a nice haircut and also like, a blowjob? Or maybe at least a handjob during

happy endings never come after a snip

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Zzulu posted:

That place is called Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Is it possible to blast the hair off a normal male's head with a few clips of NATO out of an AR-15? :911:

• Locked thread