Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Are you loving kidding me what are you a jarhead? Taper that poo poo like every other normal human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't mean to get too meta, but this thread is teaching me I have strong opinions about grooming.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 13, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Volume posted:

:siren:SERIOUS POST:siren:

Grow your hair out for like a month, month and a half. Find a Salon. Not a great clips, not a barber shop but a salon. When they ask what you want tell them "surprise me"

This doesn't work at places like barber shops and chain hair cutteries. Because those people don't often get a chance to express their creativity. You tell them "Surprise me" and they freeze cause they worry they'll give you a bad hair cut and you'll be mad. People who work at Salons will be excited for a chance to try something new and daring.

Yeah if you do this at a barber shop or great clips like you said, you will get the famous "just gently caress me up"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
buy a buzzer for a few bucks at the doller store and youre aun hair. cut them al off buzz it close......................................real close

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Beef Turret posted:

It's good to keep a photo of a guy with the haircut you want in your wallet. You can even use it to pretend someone loves you as well

Or keep a photo of a penis, one that's really nicely groomed.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
latino barbers are the best. ive been going to dominican guy for 6 years. he barely knows english and basically cuts my hair based on whatever the famous soccer players are at the time.

only go to black barber shops if you have that type of hair. seriously, 99% of the time they won't know what the hell to do with straight hair and can't use scissors to save their lives. one of my coworkers was literally told this by a barber when we went to atlanta for an extended period of time and wanted to get our hair cut.

ive never seen a white barber. i dont think they exist.

edit-

get your hair cut every 2-3 weeks unless you like looking like an unkempt piece of poo poo.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 13, 2015

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

ive never seen a white barber. i dont think they exist.
They do.

Haircuts are alright. Just put up with their shite chat for a bit, develop a relationship with a specific barber by tipping them for not doing a totally wank job so they'll sort your hair out consistently, and it'll turn out fine.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Any barber worth a drat can give you either the 'Joanie' or the 'Chachi'.
Both are solid choices.

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
It's not getting my hair cut that bothers me, it's just that:

- I hate having to sit still and do nothing
- I don't particularly like having people I don't find attractive lay their hands on me

I don't know if it makes me autistic or what, but I really dread haircuts and dentist visits for this reason. Hell, I wouldn't even enjoy a massage, unless it was, you know, special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lost Canyoneer posted:

It's not getting my hair cut that bothers me, it's just that:

- I hate having to sit still and do nothing
- I don't particularly like having people I don't find attractive lay their hands on me

I don't know if it makes me autistic or what, but I really dread haircuts and dentist visits for this reason. Hell, I wouldn't even enjoy a massage, unless it was, you know, special.

yeah I'm sure they just love laying their hands on a fat goonlord and aren't trying to withhold the rising urge to vomit out of disgust that your mere presence invokes. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread