Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I was offered a new job at a nice trucking company, $5000/mo home every week which is very good for somebody with my experience. All I had to do was pass a drive test. I did perfectly and the guy was like, yeah I think you're going to be a perfect fit, and then I backed into one of their tractors. They were not pleased. Needless to say I don't think I got the job. I called my mom because I was feeling down and needed someone to cheer me up. The first thing she asked me was "Were you drunk?"

That was my sob story whine post for the day, now I'll just drink myself to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
wait so are you drunk already or were you im not clear on the details of this story.

my day has sucked so far do i really need to elaborate

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah you didn't answer the question

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

op the first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
a sad trucker. well, not a trucker

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I wasn't drunk when I was driving the 80,000lb vehicle because I'm not insane, but I am going to get drunk now.

Just watch, he'll call 3 hours later after I'm already knackered and tell me he'll give me a retest.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
you backed into a truck, there won't be a retest.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Please don't use swear words in your thread title. Try to avoid exposing everyone -- including people who don't click your thread -- to such vulgarity.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've been having some nasty shits today. The gross watery kind.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Being a truck driver sucks rear end and sober you did drunk you a massive favor by loving up.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah, I know it pretty much sucks rear end. That's why I quit OTR after just a month. But this job was good pay and I was home weekends, which is about as good a job as you're going to get with only 1 month experience.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
so what are you drinking (i hope it has campari in it equal to the bitterness of your defeat)

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
I make a lot of money doing little work and get to go home and play video games every day.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Rajjoble posted:

so what are you drinking (i hope it has campari in it equal to the bitterness of your defeat)

I'm drinking popov and bud light. Don't judge me, I'm unemployed.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Gishin posted:

I make a lot of money doing little work and get to go home and play video games every day.

What do you do?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I died.

I am in hell. They make me post, it's my punishment.

Also there's needles under my nails and every key tap is agony but that's just how they do things here.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

SweetKarma posted:

I'm drinking popov and bud light. Don't judge me, I'm unemployed.

Your not unemployed, your funemployed. You gotta think positive :)

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

SweetKarma posted:

What do you do?

I'm a defense contractor as an intel analyst. Sweet gig.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

SweetKarma posted:

I was offered a new job at a nice trucking company, $5000/mo home every week which is very good for somebody with my experience. All I had to do was pass a drive test. I did perfectly and the guy was like, yeah I think you're going to be a perfect fit, and then I backed into one of their tractors. They were not pleased. Needless to say I don't think I got the job. I called my mom because I was feeling down and needed someone to cheer me up. The first thing she asked me was "Were you drunk?"

That was my sob story whine post for the day, now I'll just drink myself to death.

Looks like karma was bitter this time.

Better luck next time around !

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
this morning when i came out to the kitchen there wasnt any coffee left in the pot. i had to make extra coffee

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
some loving yuppies closed down the area i do target practice at for some kind of faggy footrace

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

huskarl_marx posted:

some loving yuppies closed down the area i do target practice at for some kind of faggy footrace

What do you mean by target practice? Like a shooting range? Why would they have a foot race at a shooting range? Sounds like a trap.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Decebal posted:

Looks like karma was bitter this time.

Better luck next time around !

karma isnt real idiot

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SweetKarma posted:

What do you mean by target practice? Like a shooting range? Why would they have a foot race at a shooting range? Sounds like a trap.

yeah its trap shooting

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OP today I went out early to run a couple of errands and I took my mom since she sounded bored on the phone. We had a great time driving around and listening to salsa music. Then I came home to my wife and son and just chilled all day. Now im about to throw some salmon on the grill. Well good luck with the rest of your weekend :wave:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I work assembling frames for wall panels along with a Iranian dude that used to run a kebab stand. Dude's my superior and is in charge of training me. His lack of proper english makes it nearly impossible to follow his advice because they're incomprehensible. He assembles the frames rear end backwards and was responsible for breaking several of the frames, which he then blamed on me "not paying attention". He assigns me work, then halfway through rips the frames out of my hands to do it himself leaving me standing with my thumb up my rear end. He started giving me poo poo for putting together a square frame in the wrong order despite each side being identical and assembly order being meaningless.

So yeah. Every single day of work is a goddamn frustration fest for me. Hope you feel better, cause I want to strangle myself.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Stoic Commie posted:

you backed into a truck, there won't be a retest.

I know. On the plus side I have a shot at working for USPS and FedEx. There are benefits to having a CDL. People look at that and say "This guy can probably drive real good, he probably never backs into poo poo."

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I ate a tasty burger, drank a tasty beer, and played some GTA 5.

My day is awesome.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SweetKarma posted:

I know. On the plus side I have a shot at working for USPS and FedEx. There are benefits to having a CDL. People look at that and say "This guy can probably drive real good, he probably never backs into poo poo."

lol, how badly did you damage their trailer exactly?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I drive a 1995 Toyota Camry.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

a creepy colon posted:

lol, how badly did you damage their trailer exactly?

Not badly. Just a dent about the size of a basketball. I know that sounds like a lot, but when you run into something with a tractor trailer you usually just pray to god you didn't murder somebody.

[EDIT] It was a tractor btw. Trailers get dinged all the time.

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 13, 2015

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Archer666 posted:

I work assembling frames for wall panels along with a Iranian dude that used to run a kebab stand. Dude's my superior and is in charge of training me. His lack of proper english makes it nearly impossible to follow his advice because they're incomprehensible. He assembles the frames rear end backwards and was responsible for breaking several of the frames, which he then blamed on me "not paying attention". He assigns me work, then halfway through rips the frames out of my hands to do it himself leaving me standing with my thumb up my rear end. He started giving me poo poo for putting together a square frame in the wrong order despite each side being identical and assembly order being meaningless.

So yeah. Every single day of work is a goddamn frustration fest for me. Hope you feel better, cause I want to strangle myself.

Have you told him that you have trouble understanding what he's telling you?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

"I'm too dumb to be a truck driver" - op

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

"they were very unclear with their expectations. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to drive into stuff or not drive into stuff" - op, 2015

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

GBS posts are like gospel to me. Not to be questioned.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

"they were very unclear with their expectations. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to drive into stuff or not drive into stuff" - op, 2015

lol

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Why don't you try backing up a 53' trailer tough guy. :colbert:

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
milked goats in sticky heat this am while getting chewed alive by mosquitoes. as i was hauling the milk to the freezer, the power cut out. i set up the generators and a few hours later the power came back on. hopped in the shower and found a huge lump in my armpit i didn't know was there. called the doctor. about an hour ago the girl i was supposed to go on a date with texted that something had come up.

i called the guy who sometimes handles milking for me to tell him not to bother and got no answer. texted him. nothing. he shows up and he's in tears. his father had a heart attack that morning and died immediately. we just hugged in the driveway for a while and sobbed. then i forcefully bent him over a bale of straw and entered his rear end with my uncut 8" smooth dong, put my boot on his face, smashed his balloon knot. i was rock hard, barebacking and yelled hadouken when i came

how was your day gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So the goats were in sticky heat? Hot.

• Locked thread