Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

Please do. I doubt Tampa boos Bettman properly.

I think they half-booed him once which makes them 100x better than LA.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Hjalmarsson getting the recognition he deserves, brings a tear to the eye :sweden:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hockey sucks.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Look at that cool dude on the right. :cool:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
pretty cool how the most exciting part of the stanley cup finals has been wondering whether a goalie crapped his pants

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hockey sucks.

You're incorrect.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
God loving dammit horseshit this sport is stupid bunch of no talent lacross players that want to be figure skaters fuckwagon

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wait guys, how is this possible???? I thought Q was a terrible coach holding the team back????

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TubeStank posted:

pretty cool how the most exciting part of the stanley cup finals has been wondering whether a goalie crapped his pants

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TubeStank posted:

I don't know how anyone could think this. Through 5 games, no team has had more than a 1-goal lead at any time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I don't know how anyone could think this. Through 5 games, no team has had more than a 1-goal lead at any time

1 goal lead doesn't automatically mean exciting play

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The last couple games haven't been as fun as the first three, but overall this is the most entertaining finals since 2011 (in terms of on ice play).

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ThinkTank posted:

Wait guys, how is this possible???? I thought Q was a terrible coach holding the team back????

It's really hard to not score like sharp did there. That's not on Q

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

reach42 posted:

Hjalmarsson getting the recognition he deserves, brings a tear to the eye :sweden:

He's the most underrated player I can think of

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TubeStank posted:

I don't know what to tell you if you think this series hasn't been exciting.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

TubeStank posted:

You're dumb.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TubeStank posted:

If only there was a lot of long stretches of play with no whistles and the teams going up and down the ice at breakneck speeds...

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

TubeStank posted:

This game had fantastic pace and quite a few scoring chances

mannayz
Mar 17, 2006

Good on sandwiches

TMMadman posted:

If only there was a lot of long stretches of play with no whistles and the teams going up and down the ice at breakneck speeds...

If only

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
How can you say this isn't exciting hockey? Hedman killdozered his own goalie and Sharp gracefully skated around them and scored on an empty net. It was the greatest thing. The only negative is that there were two (decidedly cool) goals after that.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TMMadman posted:

No, "exciting gameplay" means 4 seconds of play, followed by 35 seconds of huddling and lining up, followed by another 4 seconds of play.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

No, "exciting gameplay" means 4 seconds of play, followed by 35 seconds of huddling and lining up, followed by another 4 seconds of play.

Heh. Just something you'd expect from a Bears fan :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
GO BEARS!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Insulting Bears fans doesn't work. We hate the Bears more than you do.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dexo posted:

:ssh:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Dexo posted:

I don't get it.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I don't get it.

Just listen to a Doug and O'B postgame show after a Bears loss.

Or hell, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwj5R1JUT8

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 14, 2015

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Infidel Castro posted:

Doug died last month :smith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

No, only listen to The Score is from 1-6 with occasional allowances for the earlier show because Goff is back on.

Bears post-game kills brain cells.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MisterBibs posted:

No, only listen to The Score is from 1-6 with occasional allowances for the earlier show because Goff is back on.

Eh. Boers and Bernstein is like the worst show.

Spiegs and Goff, and Laurence Holmes(pity his shows are preempted for the White Sox) are far better shows

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I have a new favorite hockey goal.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

That was a hell of a game and I still have no idea what they put in the goalie water bottles to make them play like they did in the first period.

Maybe Bishop was trying to recreate Patrick Roy crossing the blue line against the Rangers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429QFwN8Yy4

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

Screw that, Boers doesn't watch any games and Berns has turned into the mouthpiece for the owners of every team in Chicago. Goff and Spiegs are great if you like pounding on the console and continuous giggling, but unlike the afternoon show they like sports. I enjoy the attempts they make to have hockey "experts" on for postgames. Zawaski, great. Then ESPN 1000 has Finfer doing it now. Maybe they think years of producing Mac has made him know hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Today is not the thirteenth.

• Locked thread