Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Anybody here for nintendo world championships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dr Tran posted:

Anybody here for nintendo world championships?

Whats it like in the future do we have hover cars yet?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I'm really, really looking forward to more VR embarrassments. Like, I can't even explain

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

lol you're mentally ill

It's true... Thank you for posting with me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zas posted:

I'm really, really looking forward to more VR embarrassments. Like, I can't even explain

I hoping hard for an onstage VR demo by either MS or Sony.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I do not see what is so good about the dating sim series of games called "Persona."

Is it true that Doom 4 got scraped once cause one of the higher-ups saw it and said it was too much like CoD or something? I'd be surprised if there is anything beyond a new cgi trailer that shows nothing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cyron posted:

by that logic star wars ep.1 is the best movie of all time, because how can a star wars movie suck?

Anything can suck, even if it from a great series.

actually all star wars suck and also everyone saw george lucas losing it from a mile away except baby man childs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh yeah, Doom 4 is a thing...

One of my first PC games was Doom. It holds a very specific and strong nostalgic place in my heart, but i just don't have a lot of faith in Id anymore, not after Doom 3 and Rage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

actually all star wars suck and also everyone saw george lucas losing it from a mile away except baby man childs

stux reaped again

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Well we have't actually seen any real gameplay yet. There's plenty to show.

Um, it's a JRPG.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yu Suzuki tweeted a picture of a forklift he found at E3, so Shenmue news, maybe...

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/610110764704141312

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Heck, I wonder if my pre-order bonus from Wolfenstein: TNO still applies since it has been so long.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yu Suzuki tweeted a picture of a forklift he found at E3, so Shenmue news, maybe...

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/610110764704141312

no

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So is there an IRC chat or anything for the E3 events?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah but cammy only has like two attacks which is what Smash brothers is all about, where as Ryu has always been a far more nuanced fighter.

Shoulda been Zangief. Every button is SPINNING LARIAT! His final smash woulda been two spinning lariats.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
This stuff is good news for smash people but I'm totally out on amiibos and honestly don't really like dlc characters in anything, especially not fighters.

Don't smash amiibos literally only allow you to make a cpu character stronger, while in most other games access stages and or costumes?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Commissar Ken posted:

Shoulda been Zangief. Every button is SPINNING LARIAT! His final smash woulda been two spinning lariats.

to include mortal Kombat into the mix of fighting games repping in brawl after his final smash snowden pops on screen and should "toasty".

SectumSempra posted:

This stuff is good news for smash people but I'm totally out on amiibos and honestly don't really like dlc characters in anything, especially not fighters.

Don't smash amiibos literally only allow you to make a cpu character stronger, while in most other games access stages and or costumes?

smash amiibosonly allow you to have a CPU that you can teach abd it learns from your play style. other games it unlocks costumes or in splatoon bonus stages for single player.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 14, 2015

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
is there an irc channel to talk about e3

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Metal Gear Solid V wins E3 2015

The game inside of MGS: V is going to be Silent Hills. Right guys? Right? :gonk:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I hope you're right but a presentation with it will be tough to introduce given all the Konami/Kojima drama and stuff like pulling P.T. and cancelling Silent Hills.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

zen death robot posted:

not an exclusive

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Cyron posted:

to include mortal Kombat into the mix of fighting games repping in brawl after his final smash snowden pops on screen and should "toasty".

I want Scorpion in Smash just so I can hear Kirby copy him and shout "GEEEHT OOHVAAH HEEAH!"

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Rocketlex posted:

I want Scorpion in Smash just so I can hear Kirby copy him and shout "GEEEHT OOHVAAH HEEAH!"

I never realize how mush I want this until now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zzulu posted:

oh yeah, Doom 4 is a thing...

One of my first PC games was Doom. It holds a very specific and strong nostalgic place in my heart, but i just don't have a lot of faith in Id anymore, not after Doom 3 and Rage

Outside of the lovely hub world thing and the graphic bug on launch Rage has pretty drat awesome gun play and I'd be pretty fine if DOOM follows a similar style of shooting. Doom 3 and the lovely BFG edition are a poo poo smear tho yeah

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

univbee posted:

I hope you're right but a presentation with it will be tough to introduce given all the Konami/Kojima drama and stuff like pulling P.T. and cancelling Silent Hills.

The guys from MGSV's development team who will be at E3 are the same ones who played and narrated the gameplay videos at last year's E3, Gamescom, and TGS so hopefully we're getting a new gameplay demo. A new Kojima-directed trailer pretty much means it wins E3 for me barring any huge surprises.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CuddlyZombie posted:

not an exclusive

persona 5

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

univbee posted:

they're gonna have the two english guys who did the playthrough last time present it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

persona 5

counterpoint, persona is a bad game for babies

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jiro posted:

The game inside of MGS: V is going to be Silent Hills. Right guys? Right? :gonk:

Watch P.T. show up ingame like that vampire techdemo dream in MGS3

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DARPA Dad posted:

is there an irc channel to talk about e3

Looks to be just #E3

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
We have an irc up at #e3 on synirc (Mibbit Link). Same place as usual

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Eonwe posted:

counterpoint, persona is a bad game for babies

I'm pretty sure that's still Smash bros.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gimbal lock posted:

Working at a big publisher gives people a lot of experience at making high-production games, even if you don't always work on the stuff that you might want to. Once in a while, people inside of the company with a whole lot of accrued experience want to make something different. If they're good and lucky enough, the company lets them roll with it until it becomes something really unexpected from a large publisher. They are love projects born from the stars aligning.

And then aborted 7 months in by an Ubisoft executive and shopped to the public the second it gets sucked out of the womb.

Kewpuh posted:

i thought sakamoto loving hated prime and didnt consider them canon. from everything i had read, it was all miyamoto that was overseeing the metroid prime project

Yes he does! He despises it. But I'm just saying anything metroid involved from now on will be crushed by him. As he is the "genius" and all most coincide with him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm pretty sure that's still Smash bros.

taint reaped again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I bet they show the new Zelda Trailer and they'll have one of the characters actively speak.

People will go apeshit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Yes he does! He despises it. But I'm just saying anything metroid involved from now on will be crushed by him. As he is the "genius" and all most coincide with him.

I remember Sakamoto saying he was done with Metroid a year or two ago.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You can never be done with metroid.

Hell the Playstation actually has a metroid type game that's better than Fusion.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I bet they show the new Zelda Trailer and they'll have one of the characters actively speak.

People will go apeshit.

HEY

LOOK

LISTEN

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bolow posted:

HEY

LOOK

LISTEN

Voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

Adbot