Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/nobel-prize-winning-scientist-says-forced-resign-125443022.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
truly inspiring that award winning scientists can be socially retarded dweebazoids

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

shiksa posted:

truly inspiring that award winning scientists can be socially retarded dweebazoids

insider info: pretty much all scientists are that, mate.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
how can i science if there are boobies in a room? honestly, i absolutely cannot science if i can see a lady's face because i fall in love with every woman i see

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

gol darnit i dropped all these test tubes on the ground because i got a whiff of debra's hair

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

shiksa posted:

gol darnit i dropped all these test tubes on the ground because i got a whiff of debra's hair

preliminary data seems to suggest women are hot and find me hot and want to sleep with me, further research is required.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Minimalist Program posted:

preliminary data seems to suggest women are hot and find me hot and want to sleep with me, further research is required.

if my hypothesis is correct, my pee pee is all hard because i took a peak down debras lab coat

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I'm glad that fag lost his job or w/e

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

shiksa posted:

if my hypothesis is correct, my pee pee is all hard because i took a peak down debras lab coat

hey debra, get this: large hardon collider.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
basically, the man was a sexual scientist and nobel prize or not: those have got to go.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

quote:

Hunt's fall followed a speech Tuesday at the World Conference of Science Journalists in South Korea in which he said that girls cause trouble in labs because "you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them, they cry."

Dude was 72 years old and a noble prize winner. I will ballpark it and say he was in college at age 20 that is 52 years experience down the drain, because of some stupid rear end comment.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

texaholic posted:

Dude was 72 years old and a noble prize winner. I will ballpark it and say he was in college at age 20 that is 52 years experience down the drain, because of some stupid rear end comment.

imo the dude should have thought twice w. his big brain before talking about being in love with women.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5UOkUDti8

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i wonder why women are underrepresented in stem fields, certainly not because all the 70 year old dinguses running the labs think any woman in the building has an irresistible urge to gently caress them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I wonder what this guy's love life is like. Has the guy ever been married, or even had sex?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mega64 posted:

I wonder what this guy's love life is like. Has the guy ever been married, or even had sex?

I bet his love life is great, and he has sex all the time w. his wife whom he respects even though she doesnt have a nobel prize.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Good job Twitter!

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I wonder how many people in this hate group even have jobs, and don't live off daddy, ex-husband, or the government.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

shiksa posted:

i wonder why women are underrepresented in stem fields, certainly not because all the 70 year old dinguses running the labs think any woman in the building has an irresistible urge to gently caress them

Women actually in the field think his comment was dumb but never had a problem actually working with him. But I'm sure you know better than they do.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Women actually in the field think his comment was dumb but never had a problem actually working with him. But I'm sure you know better than they do.

because they've resigned to the fact that they have to ignore the blubbering retard jerking off in the corner to keep their jobs lmao

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

I live in 1876 so this sort of thing doesn't really bother me

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

how accomplished in sciencey things would he have to be to be forgiven for saying something dumb one time? like..if he was like 2 weeks from curing cancer would we say "sorry..your 30 seconds of saying stupid poo poo means that this hospital full of kids has to die of lymphoma"

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
So youre a rocket scientist? That don't impress me much.

*gets u fired, via twitter*

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Noblesse Obliged posted:

how accomplished in sciencey things would he have to be to be forgiven for saying something dumb one time? like..if he was like 2 weeks from curing cancer would we say "sorry..your 30 seconds of saying stupid poo poo means that this hospital full of kids has to die of lymphoma"

its really hard to say stupid poo poo for 30 second straight,

alley oop for "unless you read minimalists programs post history outl oud for 30 seconds" burn.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Minimalist Program posted:

its really hard to say stupid poo poo for 30 second straight,

alley oop for "unless you read minimalists programs post history outl oud for 30 seconds" burn.

i just worry he's going to get a secret volcano island lair now and invent some poo poo that we're really gonna regret.

a whole island fortress of misogynist scientists who also happen to be loving brilliant all united in a goal of making a gigantic phallus shaped dooms day weapon

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
It is kinda funny, because the internet hate group proved him correct. They can't handle any criticism and will cry and try to get you fired for anything.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
Everyone knows that when you say offensive comments, you don't apologize afterwards. You double down on that poo poo.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
And they don't care about if they are doing something right or wrong. Any criticism means tears and trying to fire. The internet hate group don't care about facts or truth.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

NakedWithCandy posted:

It is kinda funny, because the internet hate group proved him correct. They can't handle any criticism and will cry and try to get you fired for anything.

Women are by their very nature, irrational. That's why they are such poor scientists.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pawn 17 posted:

Good job Twitter!

This, but ironically.

Twitter just bullied a nerd so hard he lost his job. That loving owns.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Twitter needs to add an app where you can take nerds' lunch money

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
His Nobel prize is shared with two other people and sounds boring/dumb gently caress this guy

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This, but ironically.

Twitter just bullied a nerd so hard he lost his job. That loving owns.

Remember when they lost their poo poo about that guy's shirt when that Mars thing happened?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

NakedWithCandy posted:

And they don't care about if they are doing something right or wrong. Any criticism means tears and trying to fire. The internet hate group don't care about facts or truth.

Go join isis about it

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

NakedWithCandy posted:

I wonder how many people in this hate group even have jobs, and don't live off daddy, ex-husband, or the government.

All of them. There are no female scientists

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014

Aralan posted:

His Nobel prize is shared with two other people and sounds boring/dumb gently caress this guy

It's almost like making advances in science takes lifetimes and working with other who give their lives to making small advances, but screw that, what about the receptionist with a community college degree, will someone please think of the many micro aggressions she has to face.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

NakedWithCandy posted:

It's almost like making advances in science takes lifetimes and working with other who give their lives to making small advances, but screw that, what about the receptionist with a community college degree, will someone please think of the many micro aggressions she has to face.

Women never do this tey are biologically incapable

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
women are genetically fascist

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Women in science is haram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

NakedWithCandy posted:

Agreed

• Locked thread