Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Twitter needs to add an app where you can take nerds' lunch money

The twitter women who did this last over a dick joke lost her job afterwards and never got another in the field, while the nerds did.

Twitter already has that app and the one where the bully suffers an ironic move ending punishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

Ivor Biggun posted:

Philosophers and artists get better with age, scientists get worse. So no great loss.

"A person who has not made his great contribution to science before the age of thirty will never do so." - Albert Einstein

Max Planck would like a word with you.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ivor Biggun posted:

artists get better with age

lol, thousands of proverbs and artists disagree with you.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
No one gets better with age you retards

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
bump - limbaugh destroyed this whole thing today, and it turns out the guys wife is also being fired.. now THATs a tasty femenism :D

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

He was an honorary professor. You get to be an honorary professor if you are good for PR. When you are bad for PR you don't get the job that is you being good PR any more.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
gently caress all sjw's forever

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah really appropriate punishment lol.

I think feminists are making me sexist. seriously

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

He was an honorary professor. You get to be an honorary professor if you are good for PR. When you are bad for PR you don't get the job that is you being good PR any more.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

NakedWithCandy posted:

I wonder how many people in this hate group even have jobs, and don't live off daddy, ex-husband, or the government.

please shut the gently caress up forever.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how hard conservatives are trying to re-frame poo poo so being mad at racists and other assholes now constitutes terrorism and hate crimes and feminism and progressive groups are hate groups.

Just don't be a fuckhead idiot and you have nothing to worry about. Sorry there are consequences for sexually harassing people. Sorry people in general don't like it when you post obviously racist poo poo on Twitter with your full name there for everyone to see.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I like how hard conservatives are trying to re-frame poo poo so being mad at racists and other assholes now constitutes terrorism and hate crimes and feminism and progressive groups are hate groups.

Just don't be a fuckhead idiot and you have nothing to worry about. Sorry there are consequences for sexually harassing people. Sorry people in general don't like it when you post obviously racist poo poo on Twitter with your full name there for everyone to see.

but dude if you say youre not racist or sexist that means youre not racist or sexist

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
bazinga

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's just my opinion I'm just being HONEST: black people are worthless thugs. LET THE PERSECUTION BEGIN

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

It's just my opinion I'm just being HONEST: black people are worthless thugs. LET THE PERSECUTION BEGIN

youre a REEL PATRIOT because shitposting on your little wordpress about how literally sterilizing minorities is a rational solution to anything is an patriotic thing to do :freep:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

does he have to give back the nobel prize now

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
I hope he finally trims that unsightly nose hair. Maybe he'll have some free time for that now that he isn't doing science stuff.

lfield
May 10, 2008
"He and his wife say they cried and held each other after public backlash" ahaha

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Keep in mind this guy has worked with women and it looks like several of them have gone on to bigger and better things and directly stated he helped their career. Maybe he said dumb thing but at the end of the day he did more for actual real life women in science than anyone on twitter has.

lfield
May 10, 2008
him being fired is good for women too

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe he said dumb thing but at the end of the day he did more for actual real life women in science than anyone on twitter has.
Any woman who thinks that has some serious internalized misogyny

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
hes british, right? they're naturally sjws, this is just them eating their own

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It was same thing with shirtstorm guy though, no one asked any of the women the guy worked with (and when they finally got around to it they all had nothing but positive things to say about him both professionally and how he helped their career), there's just some sort of nebulous completely unsubstantiated "he'll scare all the sensitive women away from the field" justification going on.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

hes british, right? they're naturally sjws

what

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

yah after their empire died they became sjws, and have sex with other men all the time. Try reading a history book for once in your life

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

Keep in mind this guy has worked with women and it looks like several of them have gone on to bigger and better things and directly stated he helped their career. Maybe he said dumb thing but at the end of the day he did more for actual real life women in science than anyone on twitter has.

A woman who worked with Francis Crick spoke at my graduation, very accomplished in science. I'm sure Crick's tutelage was a big part of that.

Somewhat relevant, Crick was a womanizer so he might have hosed her too, who knows. She was real cool tho

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

yah after their empire died they became sjws, and have sex with other men all the time. Try reading a history book for once in your life

i know youre fakeposting but the uk and the rest of Europe is going INSANELY loving far right

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSlXFoIAa88

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

:qq:

I bet you he's abused his position a few times, too.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Pvt Dancer posted:

In a few years men in STEM fields will avoid any cooperation with women out of fear of getting their careers destroyed over loose remarks, making it even a more hostile environment for women

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah or just figure it out like every other field in which you can talk to women without resorting to sexual innuendo like a dumb nerd who played WoW through all of high school.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
nobody in gbs is a stem major lol

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

outside of computer science

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Race Realists posted:

i know youre fakeposting but the uk and the rest of Europe is going INSANELY loving far right

its because theyre scared of muslims.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Kinda wish it was possible to hold a position that boils down to not being too sad guy who said dumb things lost a pr position while still feeling like the people who got involved on social media were wastes of oxygen that accomplish nothing productive with their lives and are likely an active detriment to legitimate progress but the internet has spoken and you're either on the red team or blue team here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bonvivant posted:

nobody in gbs is a stem major lol

Critterquest is like 99% STEM folk

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
*Complains about bipartisan politics*
*Lumps everyone who disagrees with me over anything into the opposing side*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Kinda wish it was possible to hold a position that boils down to not being too sad guy who said dumb things lost a pr position while still feeling like the people who got involved on social media were wastes of oxygen that accomplish nothing productive with their lives and are likely an active detriment to legitimate progress but the internet has spoken and you're either on the red team or blue team here.

lol if you already don't think 99.9% of humans are a waste of oxygen that will accomplish nothing

that's just the default setting buddy

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5UOkUDti8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

This dude also won a Nobel Prize. That makes him more famous than your Average Joe/Jane. Therefore, he has to watch what he says even more.

• Locked thread