Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I'd have no problem hanging people with nazi flags for treason either, dingus

and the racists exist in the north because we didnt listen to the radical republicans after the war and you spread like cultural AIDS throughout the US

look who wants to hold a lynching :rolleyes: Freakin typical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

Two years ago I was at Arlington soon after Memorial Day and saw a half-dozen dudes cosplaying as Confederate soldiers next to (no poo poo) the Confederate Memorial.

Yes, there is a memorial in Arlington National Cemetery to people who literally tried to destroy the United States of America.

I went over to see what the gently caress it was about and they told me they have a celebration there every year "on the Sunday closest to Jefferson Davis's birthday!"

I said, "Jefferson Davis?!? You people actually celebrate the birth of that traitor?"

It went over about as well as you'd expect.

sometimes I wish they would just give the union side real ammo for their fake battles.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

This is a funny thread. Make some jokes and quit getting so riled up on the internet.

I got a joke. some years back toyota wanted to open a plant down south but ended up moving it to canada

the president of the Toronto-based Automotive Parts Manufacturers' Association, who claimed that the educational level in the Southern United States was so low that trainers for Japanese plants in Alabama had to use "pictorials" to teach some illiterate workers how to use high-tech equipment.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

Two years ago I was at Arlington soon after Memorial Day and saw a half-dozen dudes cosplaying as Confederate soldiers next to (no poo poo) the Confederate Memorial.

Yes, there is a memorial in Arlington National Cemetery to people who literally tried to destroy the United States of America.

I went over to see what the gently caress it was about and they told me they have a celebration there every year "on the Sunday closest to Jefferson Davis's birthday!"

I said, "Jefferson Davis?!? You people actually celebrate the birth of that traitor?"

It went over about as well as you'd expect.

Alabama has a state holiday recognizing him where state offices close

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/05/jefferson_davis_birthday_is_to.html

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
p sure you could post half the photos itt in the russia.jpg thread and nobody would notice

which reminds me:

a bearded muzhik leans in from that thread and scoffs derisively.

"what a strange trick"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is hilarious.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At least all the confederate statues in Richmond make giving directions easier.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah these are great, thanks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jastiger posted:

I always love this defense. "yeah our culture and society are terrible, but we will go ahead and take credit for millions of years of geology and modern climate :smug:"

why do u hate black ppl u racist

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Harrower posted:

Yeah these are great, thanks.

half inch of snow caused rl version of the walking dead empty car shots

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Blue Train posted:

Texas is arguably the southwest but is certainly not the west and they had slavery so I'm going with south

The Southwest is only Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. :colbert:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"The West" is anything on the western side of the Continental Divide hth

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mulaney Power Move posted:

why do u hate black ppl u racist

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

spacemang_spliff posted:

where did this happen?

Ive been in NC a couple of times when they get snow and it's pretty loving lol

Atlanta. The northern end of I-285 was six ways to loving hosed and the side streets were at that "not quite hosed, but still pretty hosed" stage.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I'd have no problem hanging people with nazi flags for treason either, dingus

and the racists exist in the north because we didnt listen to the radical republicans after the war and you spread like cultural AIDS throughout the US

And that's why we can't have nice things (like Reconstruction), because southerners became literal tantrum-throwing babies when it came to treating ex-slaves like actual human beings. Northerners were like the exhausted parent who spoiled the southern titty baby just to shut them up.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

where did this happen?

that is raleigh nc (glenwood ave) which is notoriously stupid and undereducated

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

And that's why we can't have nice things (like Reconstruction), because southerners became literal tantrum-throwing babies when it came to treating ex-slaves like actual human beings. Northerners were like the exhausted parent who spoiled the southern titty baby just to shut them up.

Talk about white washing history. :allears:

Hell you don't even need bleach anymore, just this sentence.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

The Taint Reaper posted:

you cant accept it and will never be able to move on.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
south owns hope this helps

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

good

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

the doublethink required to simultaneously hold that the cause and aftermath of the Civil War are irrelevant and that modern Southerners have no responsibility for it, and have Southern pride is impressive in a disgusting kind of way

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've asked people that have confederate flats up or visible why they do and it's always about southern pride. I ask what they are more proud of, the slavery, the obesity, or the reliance on the fed and they get mad for some reason.

I want a real answer dammit.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Blue Train posted:

Chicago is real hosed up esp considering how stringent their gun laws are

they regularly have weekends where 40 and 50 people get shot

Did you really just say "considering how stringent their gun laws are"?

Rule #1: criminals don't obey laws, especially not gun laws
Rule #2: see rule #1

:bang:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Daedra posted:

im sure it helps further your delusion

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Daedra posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

god bless these southern states

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

the current one is the best one in the state's history. it's unionist and clearly southern. a good flag.

original confederate flag

georgia

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

FrankenVader posted:

Rule #1: criminals don't obey laws, especially not gun laws
Rule #2: see rule #1

I'm aware but its still ironic that they regularly have some of the highest amounts of shootings. if you wanted to argue that this is proof that pushing more gun control doesn't prevent shootings I would agree

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

original confederate flag

georgia

but you see this isn't immediately identifiable like the redneck flag and doesn't piss off libruhls and yankees so its unacceptable

its about hate not heritage

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Blue Train posted:

but you see this isn't immediately identifiable like the redneck flag and doesn't piss off libruhls and yankees so its unacceptable

its about hate not heritage

*lives in akron, ohio. has never ventured further south than a field trip to dc in 9th grade*

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Has anyone got a bigger pic of this? it's off the Tav Falco & Panther Burns "Now!" album and is a thing of wonder.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jastiger posted:

I've asked people that have confederate flats up or visible why they do and it's always about southern pride. I ask what they are more proud of, the slavery, the obesity, or the reliance on the fed and they get mad for some reason.

I want a real answer dammit.

You forgot treason against America and 100 years of Jim Crow, maybe that's it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've been in ga for nearly six months and spent a decade between florida and virginia but yea no one who has lived in the south could possibly have anything bad to say

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

Screw it,at least Cumberland Falls is pretty besides the trash.

And Cumberland Caverns are really cool. And Cummins Falls has one of the best swimming holes in the country.

Too bad everything that isn't nature around here is unsalvageable

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

I've been in ga for nearly six months and spent a decade between florida and virginia but yea no one who has lived in the south could possibly have anything bad to say

you should lip a gun and then rim it and then kill yourself with it :) Well, have a good one

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

you should lip a gun and then rim it and then kill yourself with it :) Well, have a good one

sounds hot

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

sounds hot

hey speaking of hot, why don't you set yourself on fire, perhaps in ur family home? That way no one would have to read your terrible posting anymore! Anyway, see ya

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

u mad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lol @ the people getting actually butthurt instead of just posting pictures or gifs.

"boo hoo my area of the world sux and the whole thread knows it" **is literally unable to provide evidence to the contrary so whines instead**

stfu and make a thread to cry about it in, or post pictures that refute what people are saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

didnt we just have like 5 of these threads

• Locked thread