Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Waffle House loving owns

all star special bitches

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

cocksucker do not joke on boiled peanuts

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ive lived in the south my whole life and ive only seen one person open carry. i swear open carry is like a boogy man that spooks people that dont like it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Dregs posted:

This is on the news right now here in Georgia.

KKK is sending out recruitment flyers again.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/conyers/2015/06/22/sheriff-kkk-fliers-left-in-yards-in-rockdale-county/29143241/

i saw that. i feel like its a prank based on where conyers is

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

its probably the combo of southern food, sedentary lifestyles, and nobody wanting to go outside to work out because its a literal swamp

i think some of it has to do with isolation from a major city. thats why the worst of it is in alabama mississippi and louisiana.

i used to drive through southern alabama on the way to the beach and the people there. i am an average man in every way but just being there made me feel like an adonis

that lone green spot in alabama is birmingham

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its no more a mystery than northern georgia

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

please do not post my pic

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

omg hes drinking ommegang in a garage it really is me

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a large trout posted:

its your standard buffet breakfast style thing

good for hangovers

yea thats about the measure of it. its really no worse than such as ihop but thats really more an indictment of ihop

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Toadvine posted:

chicks are hot most everywhere.

yea but here they can dress the part 10 months of the year

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

those multinational conglomerates not selling a provincial flag because it hurts feelings is pretty dumb

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Saucy Slit posted:

That's just how you took it, to make your witty little quip. Did you miss the part where I said I dealt w/ a lot of racism? A lot. And truly it was horrible. I'm happy to be away from there and all the poo poo that makes it awful, but also happy I got to see all sides of our country's dynamic and see how people are all over.

Never meant to imply the "South isn't more racist" just that I have seen the same amount of racism and ignorance in NYC, Baltimore, DC... and elsewhere on the West coast. I may have been raised in the South but my family is from NYC on one side and Hawaii on the other. So I did get to see and experience living in most regions. And you're wrong, Southerners are the most willing to help you in a tight situation even if you yourself are not from there. Because that's just how they do. Manners, hospitality, and what not. People from other regions tend to be selfish, self absorbed twats.

All regions have their ups and downs, hicks, cuisine, fatties, goons and special little something that makes it that place. Personally I find that folks love and hate each other the same all over.

Retort and scoff w/ your goony humors.

its my experience that people from the northeast and midwest are loud and talk too much. also often rude

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

there is no more glorious a place than saturday, during football season, at a sec school

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pohl posted:

North Idaho is a special kind of place. You have Moscow and Coeur d'alene , and then everything else. There is some incredibly beautiful country but you definitely don't want to live there unless you are rich.
Moscow is only tolerable because it has a major state University. How the hell did it get to be named Moscow, anyway?
They can't even annex properly.

Oh, Idaho; so predictable. Yeah, I know it isn't part of the south but it is trying really drat hard to fit in.

just a guess but the russians had a ton of western north american holdings in the trading company days. they had a presence as far south as northern ca iirc

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

"coke" becoming like some kinda "kleenex" for all soft drinks is the weirdest drat thing

coke the company loving owns the south. its not really that weird when you know that. if you want pepsi on tap you have to go to taco bell or a truck stop. thats about it

its just a result of brand saturation like kleenex like you said or band aids

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

EorayMel posted:

I think this is appropriate

that is not a bud lite can. unacceptable

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Trent posted:

See, all over the south there are two waffle houses within sight of one another. A lot of them are so old they were built in the 50's and they're still going, that's how great Waffle House is! Did you ever wonder why there are two Waffle House restaurants within sight of each other all over the south? It's not because turning right is sooo much easier than turning left. You see, back when they were built, a certain type of person was welcome at one but not the other, if you see what I'm getting at. IT WAS BLACKS Why do they still need two nearly adjacent identical restaurants today, even though there is no more racism in America, you might ask? The locals still know which one to eat at and which one not to.

The food is good, cheap, and available any time, but every time I see two together it makes me think about what a lovely place I'm in.

this is total bullshit i can think of like a half dozen all close to one another and thats not the case at all

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Daedra posted:

vols bitch

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

well boys somebody in QCS just called for this glorious thread to be gassed

so be less gay

or more gay, whichever direction you think you need to swing to not get the thread gassed

qcs is full of faggots. thats right. FAGGOTS!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

it is humid today, here in gods country

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

buddhanc posted:

College football and tailgating are the best things about the south in fall and winter.

get that loving fake ut poo poo out of here

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

When California dies in January the Western Hemisphere's fastest internet is in Chattanooga, TN.

drat right, and it owns hard

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I'm attracted to the power trip that would come in ordering like this, but it's offset by the horrible guilt I would feel. Make it a white guy wearing the menu and I would eat there.

i wouldnt feel guilty but i would feel terribly embarrassed

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

every time i see braves merch i just wonder to myself which trifling motherfuck had the bright idea to rip off the tide

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Peanut President posted:

Did the Braves suddenly get a hat with a big elephant carrying a banner that says ROLL TIDE?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

people take some weird rear end prom pictures. i think that transcends province

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

solo humping pro posted:

holy poo poo that wedding on the pick up truck smdh

thats a prom pic ill bet a tener

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

The problem being that's his ideal.

cooler than my bedroom

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Apparently this is a campsite decoration contest entry. A friend of mine snapped the pic.

theres this weird culture that surrounds hanging out in rv parks in campers. its no more camping than going to the zoo is a safari, but a certain type of person prob over 50 really digs that poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

fyodor posted:

southern music is good

is that dixie dave?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

owns

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

he prob breaks so many of the fuckers fender quit sending him the good stuff

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Daedra posted:

vols bitch

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Iowa: that cut you can get in supermarkets? yea, thats our poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

asheville is a really good beer city

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nc and ga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sojenus posted:

i went there the other day and they had something like 90% sours and one stout on tap and the sours were horrendous

the stout was good and it was nice to see something other than IPAs but god drat were those sours bad

you probably had that plum thing they attempt and fail at. theyre fairly new but they have a double ipa called transmigration of souls thats creamy and like10%, it rules

e: nvm i went to their website and ive never tried their sours

• Locked thread