Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
sherman did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fetus Tree posted:

idk, its not really a huge deal im just being goony bc i can and he also literally said he only eats peppers if they have 2 types of cheese and theyre wrapped in bacon and this is a GBS mock thread so pffffft

your not allowed to make jokes in GBS anymore.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Sherman did nothing wrong

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Baseball wasn't anything until Jackie Robinson.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nahh. most of them are communists, though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
General Sherman did nothing wrong

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The american civil war is the only war where the losers got to keep their heroes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
and the winners are taught about the heroes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

still better at golf than I am

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

4outof5 posted:

You suggested that abolition was the northern cause when in reality it wasn't even on the plate until 1864 when Lincoln was running for re-election, was in trouble and unpopular, and wanted to paint his political opponents in the strokes of traitor sympathizers (all to the better of humanity no doubt.) The realpolitik of it is that Lincoln and the rest of the United States Government would have "sold" every black in the south into eternal slavery to stop the spread of slavery to the new territories and keep the union whole in 1860. It's essential for societies to prop up heroes and mythologize it's past but the truth is everyone's an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah the great society programs are pretty hosed up. It's really sad.

doesn't your avatar make you a domestic terrorist, trying to undermine the federal government?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

4outof5 posted:

I don't know if anime is terrorism yet, but you would have to ask the person who gave it to me.

I meant the rebel yell behind it, but, go ahead, ignore the question.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

4outof5 posted:

A hero of the south.

Bragg as a company commander at a frontier post where he also served as quartermaster. He submitted a requisition for supplies for his company, then as quartermaster declined to fill it. As company commander, he resubmitted the requisition, giving additional reasons for his requirements, but as the quartermaster he denied the request again. Realizing that he was at a personal impasse, he referred the matter to the post commandant,

Sherman did nothing wrong.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

I want to see what Sherman would do to ISIS.

He would probably change who the rivers works

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Obstacle2 posted:

heres a good tattoo idea

that tattoo makes me laugh that you lost everything.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
winders Bubba

Ha ha

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Reign Of Pain posted:

quoted for July rule violation you loving fucker

Shut up and watch the fireworks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Reign Of Pain posted:

gently caress you. Obey the Jew Lie rules oval office

Finally we agree on something

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

he's so mad about that crack being in his picture

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

skander posted:

He can probably smell it.

looks like he can

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

My plan is to move to Iowa and buy up all the godforsaken land there and build myself a castle because everything is cheaper there. I will then be king of iowa and ban football and replace it with Hockey.

just to spite Jastiger

That would be funny if you could actually do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

My sincerest condolences.

better than Ohio

• Locked thread