Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Me irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Daedra posted:

south owns hope this helps

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a world without southern food is one i would not care to live in

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Decrepus posted:

I want to believe.

get yerself down to atlanta

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how tater tots are actually used in the south (not that bullshit midwestern casserole abortion that fetus tree posted earlier) -

<hundreds of pictures of good rear end bbq>

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
behold. southern breads -

the secret? butter.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

i had this!

it was like cherry coke. but good. props to cheerwine.

Yeah it's like cherry coke except not as sweet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Boston drivers and more importantly the roads are conditioned for the weather because they experience it once every year whereas in the south an event like that happens more like once or twice a decade and only for a few days at a time.

Sorry yall northerners have to live in a frozen wasteland for almost half of each year :smug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pot Of Shoe posted:

And from my home town....

Sorry!

when i saw john oliver here he was asking the crowd what he should see in town before leaving or something and person yelled out the big chicken. Oliver was intrigued and looked it up on his phone right there on stage, found it hilarious, read a bit from the search results how it was the biggest kfc in the world and said that must make the state of kentucky feel like poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It doesnt really mean gently caress off it is more nuanced than that but it is def a slight

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

That Works posted:

Honestly not really, or at least certainly not always. Many times its just a throw away phrase akin to "oh really" or "well isn't that something"

It's kind of a light hearted jab like it isn't typically supposed to be really mean spirited but it should always imply condescension for example...

quote:

He thinks he's a good poster but, bless his heart, he's utter poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah it's not exactly a common phrase :shrug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

just be obama

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Can you morons shut the gently caress up about tires and driving in the snow? Nobody cares about your snow elitism.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this billboard has been up for as long as i can remember in georgia,

front (assuming you're driving away from the city):

back:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's appalling to me that a great-wall-of-china-esque wall was never erected along the mason-dixon line at any point in our nation's history. would solve a lot of problems imho between the north and south. let trade/commerce trucks through but that's it.

segregation as a concept was a winner but just not along racial lines. it's time to try again. come america, let's build something !!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

That Works posted:

I'd be fine with keeping people from California and the midwest out tbh.

:agreed: but so we could extend the line west and then south at the appropriate junctures to cut the rest of the lovely states out

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Modest Mao posted:

its really funny though

its like if northerners choked eating grits all the time, idk what the south has but you can imagine

Youd be hard pressed to choke on grits but fair enough

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
But yeah the reason southern cities shut down whenever there is snow or ice is because of the lack of equipment and experience the local governments have to deal with it. Before the latest snow event that wrecked the south we didnt have (m)any trucks for salting or arrangements to get plow equipment in to keep snow from accumulating, clear hwys and major arteries, etc. That is 100% why it's so bad compared to somewhere like boston.

Now the local govs are so paranoid they have wasted money buying snow clearing equipment that will sit unused most years. So this past winter they salted a bunch and had plows on standby and nothing ended up happening. Taxpayer money at work!

You can make fun of southerners for being dumb for tons of other legit reasons but the snow thing is pretty dum :shrug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
O so what is the reason why southern cities and drivers have no experience dealing w winter elements on the roads? Possibly due to inbreeding.

Definitely inbreeding.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I got home fine too last year during the southern snowpocalypse. Triggered !!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im the baby that was born in a car stuck on grid locked I-285 during the 2.5 in snow apocalypse

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Fetus tree says we cant explain why it happens in his co-opted south thread unless that explanation is simply "lol southerners are stupid n cant drive fer poo poo l!" (Which i more or less agree with in general but ill be damned if im gonna sit here and watch a bunch of northerners smugly rehash all the snowpocalypse memes and jokes from last year)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

so you agree with me but aren't really pleased about the truth

i guess thats fair!

Yeah it is pretty funny; i just dont appreciate northerners giving us poo poo for it :colbert:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

well post a video of you driving in snow then if youre so cool ya dipshit

If we get half an inch next year i got you nooner, anything for you. Sadly there was no snow this year :smith:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im from the south so im p used to being ganged up on and subsequently defeated by morally righteous northerners

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol did someone just try to brag about being from des moines ?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
You could make a whole picture thread just about SEC schools :allears:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

apparently tebow makes his money from hick church appearances these days

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

or maybe the eagles

that's his secondary income

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was going to post the video of when kid rock got into a fight with these big black dudes at a waffle house but it's too low quality so have you pick i guess

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

he currently is on the roster of the Philadelphia Eagles

the prayers worked

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

i think if we're gonna be honest, if i had to choose a place to live in the south it would probably be the richest, whitest, most racist place

That would probably be at a country club in some southern suburb

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

solo humping pro posted:

florida can get nuked and turned into an 'apocalyptic survival course' kuind of like tough mudder complete with patches of radioactive earth and a museum of the obesity crisis in america

It already has and is

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

i've seen so many different versions of this same sign in my lifetime. hicks around here think this is the absolute most cleverest poo poo they ever saw.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'd still make the south wifey tho

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

semon demon posted:

Southern television commercials own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uA5f_d4xM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Opinion check on southern accents vs northern accents ?

• Locked thread