Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Harrower posted:

Some one post the picture of an interstate with cars flipped over in the ditch on fire because it snowed like half an inch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Omi-Polari posted:

also pro-tip to visiting a southern state: find out where the black people eat and go there.

sorry, not eating at golden corral on a sunday afternoon, or at any other time

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fabricated posted:

The thread for this was hilarious because there were people trying to defend this happening

tbf that's raleigh where like 75% of the people are from the northeast

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

withak posted:

I don't know that being a place that the elderly flock to is much of an accomplishment.

hey how cracker barrel is a very successful chain restaurant

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Blue Train posted:

but you see this isn't immediately identifiable like the redneck flag and doesn't piss off libruhls and yankees so its unacceptable

its about hate not heritage

*lives in akron, ohio. has never ventured further south than a field trip to dc in 9th grade*

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mental-Rectangle posted:

and it is far and wide the most educated part of the south, for perspective

it's one of the most educated parts of the country, which doesn't say much about education or the country

Robo Reagan posted:

That's because half the people working in those plants are undocumented migrant workers ya dingus. the south is pretty much completely supported by Mexican labor and we keep trying to make them leave lol

except toyota and pretty much every other car maker has plants in mexico

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 15, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

etalian posted:

What if the south won?

lol as if the south didn't win in the long run

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Jastiger posted:

They outlawed global warming in Florida, why don't you just outlaw snow in the South.

Smdh you guys get your poo poo TOGETHER.

nah they'll pass a law mandating everyone pray for the snow to go somewhere else

y'see weather events like rain, snow, plagues of locusts you use prayer

hoaxes like al gore's global warming scam you make illegal

you have much to learn about ol' dixie yet, young jastiger

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

solo humping pro posted:

the south should be razed and reconstructed as a giant vacation paradise for northerners to visit.

you're a couple decades late on that idea

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

semon demon posted:

Southern television commercials own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKhRx3udxk

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Dregs posted:

Southerners usually sound dumb, but Northerners invariably sound like assholes.

they usually sound really stupid on top of it

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

etalian posted:

South makes sense once your realize the original states were founded either by rich assholes who lost the English Civil War and other cases dirt poor rednecks from Ireland/Scotland.

well really it's both; the rich assholes got the good farmland and the dirt poor rednecks had to settle for the cheap seats in the hinterlands

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3gqTxMHZzw

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Taint Reaper posted:

Then what is it then?

the great poo poo wastes

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pryor on Fire posted:

You ever notice how they never talk about the BBQ in nice places to live? Like nobody is ever going on about the amazing BBQ in Manhattan or Amsterdam or wherever.

I'm not saying that there is no good barbecue in nice towns, nor that the barbecue in bumfuckfvlle Texas Missouri wherever isn't amazing, it's just that it seems to be a barometer of how lovely a place is. Like when there is nothing else in your world you hyper focus on creating/consuming the finest barbecued meats in the world and their sauces, it fills the void perfectly. Then you blather on and on endlessly about how your barbecue is a million times better than the barbecue a hundred miles away is shitsville Missouri and that consumes your whole life.

I'll be it's just amazing, but even if you could eat it every day and it gave you an orgasm and the BBQ joint paid you $100 every time you ate there it's still a horrible idea because you have to live in bumfuckville Texas so gently caress that poo poo.

it's because places people actually live tend to have fire codes which make it hard to have an open wood fire on premises for 12 hours a day so bbq joints worth eating at are located in shitholes by necessity

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
well they have gas cookers which most places actually use, which is why there's only a relative handful of really good bbq places compared to the countless mediocre ones

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Squashy Nipples posted:

This is why I was so disappointing with Charlotte (I travel there for business sometimes). The food in that city is mostly... mediocre.

Since then though, numerous Southerners have tried to tell me that Charlotte doesn't count for some reason. Well, they have the "Reverend Billy Graham" highway, so that's plenty rear end-backwards redneck in my book.

charlotte sucks and isn't a real city

That Works posted:

Charlotte has been long overrun with transplants from everywhere so it has sorta changed the town into more bland/ broad appeal americana as opposed to its original character. See also: Austin, TX.

it doesn't even have any original character since it was a two-stoplight cow town until the 70s

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 22, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

tbf pennsylvania basically is the south with shittier weather and worse food

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bacicot posted:

But isn't arson more likely insurance fraud than an obvious hate crime

with churches usually

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

du -hast posted:

I love how people say that it was the confederate flag that caused this, rather than some batshit crazy racist who got a gun.

crazy people don't plan out things months in advance

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

etalian posted:

the south will rise again over a bikini bottom

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

NecroMonster posted:

makes more sense when you realize that the south actually won the war in everything but name

the begnning of a long trend of america being poo poo at counterinsurgency and protracted occupation

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Groovelord Neato posted:

To me it'd be more like a large section of Germany's population waving the Nazi flag and saying it's about heritage and not hate and that genocide and conquest was not Hitler's goal.

yeah it's called the former east germany

MullardEL34 posted:

Gummo Sequel is lookin' good.

from that npr story she now lives in lenoir, nc which basically is real-life gummo

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 28, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Jastiger posted:

Bahahahahaha.

its just what Iowa is famous for, the pork. They use a special blend of seasoning and keep the bone in.

Sorry I interrupted your food jerk off session with my contribution.

At least I posted a fuckin' picture.

This is what they call bbq in Iowa.

Let us never discuss this ever again

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lufiron posted:

leave it to goons to talk about food, like you can't get good food anywhere, or, better yet, make it yourself

how many top tier restaurants are in the south anyways? Husk by Sean Brock... i think thats it

husk is overrated tourist trap nonsense

Jastiger posted:

WTF is this slander?! You can't google "Uncle Joe's backyard graduation party" and call it Iowa BBQ. That is shameful, and I won't stand or sit for it. MODS?!

it's from the joni ernst roast & ride

apparently she can castrate a hog but she don't know poo poo about cooking 'em

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 1, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gaunab posted:

midwest food.jpg

midwest "cuisine" is basically what happens when you leave a couple 6 year olds home alone for too long, they start getting hungry, and they cobble together whatever they can from what's in reach and doesn't require effort to make

hmm, let's put potato chips on top of this bowl of m&m, canned tuna, and jello

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fetus Tree posted:

i want to combine tater tot casserole and sausage gravy

just go to waffle house and get some hash browns country style

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Deki posted:

I'm a midwesterner and I agree that we just aren't known for good food.

On the other hand I can drive 10 miles out and buy freshly butchered steak for a tenth of what you'd have to pay on the coast for the same cut, so it's not all bad.

there's a lot of local farms in the south now doing grass-fed beef and the prices are the same as you'd find in good meat markets in the midwest

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fetus Tree posted:

lol there is no such thing as waffle house here and i dont usually eat out

i wanna make dis poo poo myself dawg

ooh what kind of canned veggies you plan on putting in your tot casserole?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ed mitchell's original place was pretty good but the pit's more for cary residents and duke students for when family from back home come to visit

he's kinda styled himself as the be-all end-all of bbq and it's kinda silly considering he can't keep a restaurant open on his own for more than a couple years

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Modest Mao posted:

Iowa's biggest rival is unaware the rivalry even exists, that's how pathetic and backwoods iowa is. I don't even know what the capitol of iowa is lmao

it's in iowatown, iowa, home of the fightin' hog lagoons

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

you irl posted:

lol iowa is that state still around?

pretty sure it's a wholly owned subsidiary of monsanto now

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

burritolingus posted:

Whoa. I make fun of the guy, but Obama is nowhere near as bad as Lincoln was.

Lincoln was more like the Bush 2 of his time. Both were Republicans who only got elected by committing a ton of voter fraud, and then proceeded to kill civil liberties (note: not talking "the right to own slaves" or anything stupid like that but rather things like the Habeas Corpus Suspension Act of 1863 and Lincoln arresting any reporter who dared criticize his presidency). Both imprisoned people without trials or due process. Both invaded foreign countries. Neither cared about black people.

omelets, eggs, etc.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wait

They really don't eat slaw dogs everywhere else?

have you ever had a hot dog anywhere else? you'll get mustard and maybe chili if you're lucky

chicago throws tomatoes and poo poo on them but otherwise it's pretty dire

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dirt posted:

Would like to see what sort of abominations these southern folk come up with.

pretty sure the most common hot dog in the south is just a regular chili dog with slaw on top

people in west virginia think they invented it which is pretty funny

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Groovelord Neato posted:

The south is so dumb some places have high school stadiums as big as the pros practically.

like everything else they're bigger and dumber in texas, but the biggest ones are only about a quarter the capacity of nfl stadiums

there's a few the size of a c-usa school field, but that barely counts

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

huskarl_marx posted:

lmao why does incest only occur in hillbillyville or amongst weathy dynasties

they're both isolated from normal society for generations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

etalian posted:

The only way the union could have won would have been exiling all traitor confederate to the South Pole.

After that give away all the land to immigrants, former slaves and also yankees from the NE.

tbf they're kinda slowly doing that now but through the normal real estate sales process

• Locked thread