Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Day One of E3 2015

SCHEDULE:

TODAY'S EVENTS:

Microsoft (9:30 AM PT/12:30 PM ET)
Host: Phil Spencer
Stream: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/

Phil Spencer says this E3 will be focused on EXCLUSIVE IPs and first party titles. Which is what last year's E3 conference claimed to be about, and that didn't work out super great for them. Turns out announcing games that aren't remotely ready to be announced is not the best business strategy. One thing's for sure, Call of Duty and Master Chief!! And this year, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMERS (TM).

EA 2015: Live To Play (1 PM PT/4 PM ET)
Stream: http://livetoplay.ea.com/e3-press-conference

After last year's "do homework in study hall" presentation, this year should be... substantial?? Find out how EA has most likely ruined Mirrors Edge, Battlefront, and Need for Speed. There's a new Mass Effect, and there will probably be about twenty Star Wars games announced. Does Criterion actually have a game?? Will we see Rory McIlroy on stage? All will be revealed.

Ubisoft (3 PM PT/6 PM ET)
Host: Aisha Tyler
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Ubisoft

It's Ubisoft and it's E3, so this is that prime sauce. That kind E3 bud. Dancing, singing, fitness, Aisha Tyler going off script, they're E3's last hope of insanity. Find out more about Assassins Creed The Same loving Game As The Last One But Even Worse, Watch Dogs sequel that no one asked for, Rainbow Six Siege, Tom Clancy's The Development Hell Division, and maybe some rabbid bullshit?? Please some rabbid bullshit. WARNING: the live stream could eat all your save files.

Sony (6 PM PT/9 PM ET)
Host: Andrew House
Stream: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/e3/

Sony is sprinting laps around the competition at the moment, and last year their E3 conference was TWO HOURS LONG, so I would assume we'll see the same this year: lots of first and second-party games, the entire Devolver portfolio, and at least 15 minutes of "THE VITA IS NOT DEAD, OKAY".

WHERE TO WATCH:

Aside from the Stream links above, here are a couple more general streaming sources:

Twitch - Official broadcast partner of E3, will be broadcasting the entire week, with the keynotes, interviews and demos. Last year's "studio" show was really amateur hour from what I remember.
Youtube - Should be broadcasting for at least all of today, will have Geoff Doritoman Keighley as host.
Gamespot - They're still around I guess? Will focus mostly on game demos and stream throughout the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Will there be a Nintendo Treehouse stream or does that not start until Tuesday?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Perfect.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rocketlex posted:

That starts Tuesday and runs through Thursday I believe, and unlike last year it won't be interrupted by Smash tourney.

I'm also not bothering with posting the live gameplay demo schedule for IGN/Gamespot/Twitch/etc, because you can just go to their websites and see what they're gonna show/are showing.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rocketlex posted:

They're not gonna show off games until they announce the new ones, so not till Tuesday

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rocketlex posted:

They're benignly letting the other guys go on Monday before reminding us of what they showed us at the NWC. Video games still have a place in this world.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Microsoft isn't showing Quantum Break, Scalebound, or Crackdown. Is it gonna be all about the Rift or what

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lord Lambeth posted:

Microsoft isn't showing Quantum Break, Scalebound, or Crackdown. Is it gonna be all about the Rift or what

Halo, Gears of War, and, uh........................

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I tuned out after the Nintendo World Championships, how was Bethesda

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

alcharagia posted:

I like what I saw of Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 was announced, and the level creator for Doom looks neat.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

No Mods No Masters posted:

Halo, Gears of War, and, uh........................

Don't forget the yearly Call of Duty. Hopefully with more dog mo-cap!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

alcharagia posted:

Fallout 4 has a phone game you can play right now and DOOM is gonna be godawful.

Also Elder Scrolls CCG is gonna exist and surely not be the same quality as The Elder Scrolls Online

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
first page

also kewpuh i made that post so we could get some comedic last page thread highlights

yw

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
who even loving cares about anything that isn't fallout 4

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

alcharagia posted:

Fallout 4 looks cool if you're into that, Dishonored 2 will probably be cool too if you liked the first one, Doom has no design aspirations besides "rip and tear your guts", there's some lame arena combat game called Battlesomething-or-other, and Bethesda's ripping off Hearthstone.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

To summarize: Nintendo showed games can still be fun but Bethesda quickly reminded everyone that games are actually very bad.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Was there any particularly amusing things in the leadup to monday? I hadn't really paid attention to E3 for the last month or whatever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if ubisoft was today we would have had the good, the bad, and the ugly of e3

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wamdoodle posted:

To summarize: Nintendo showed games can still be fun but Bethesda quickly reminded everyone that games are actually very bad.

Looking forward to tower defense and Missile Command in my Fallout 4.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
Am I the only one who is excited that Doom is basically remaking the level editor from Timesplitters 2?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Anatharon posted:

Was there any particularly amusing things in the leadup to monday? I hadn't really paid attention to E3 for the last month or whatever.

The Oculus presentation had some good cringey moments. It's worth watching.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'll be getting into LA in time to check out Microsoft's show with ImpAtom. PM me or something if you want to stare awkwardly at each other, goons.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

oh boy can't wait for my favorite video game developers ea, microsoft, and ubisoftt

Sony could be good but that's at 4 am, so

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

Fallout 4 looks cool if you're into that, Dishonored 2 will probably be cool too if you liked the first one, Doom has no design aspirations besides "rip and tear your guts", there's some lame arena combat game called Battlesomething-or-other, and Bethesda's ripping off Hearthstone.

Doom 4 looks like it's ripping off Brutal Doom hard. Just go play Brutal Doom.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
This is a great E3 so far.

The Nintendo World Championship was heartwarming and enjoyable to watch. Bethesda's first show was not nearly as horrible as I expected. I appreciate that they did not make us sit through very much of the The Elder Scrolls Online and the crappy TF2 knockoff.

Monday's trainwrecks should be a lot of fun. Microsoft already said they are not showing 3-4 of the exclusives from last year. EA is sure to cause nerd meltdowns with Battlefront and Mirror's Edge. Aisha Tyler towering over Ubisoft's tiny Frenchies is always funny. Sony will no doubt have an awkward VR demo of Project Morpheus.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Lord Lambeth posted:

Doom 4 looks like it's ripping off Brutal Doom hard. Just go play Brutal Doom.
Aside from the fatalities, not really. Doom 4 has no reloads or ironsights which I'm pretty excited to see.

The slower pace though, not so excited about.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

Mimetic posted:

Am I the only one who is excited that Doom is basically remaking the level editor from Timesplitters 2?

You aren't at all. I was having flashbacks to the seizure-inducing strobe lights filling every room in every Timesplitters level I made. I can't wait for Doom.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Well I haven't been following this at all but I sure hope Microsoft shows actual gameplay for the new Gears. CG trailers are loving dumb

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Meat Man, Green Man,

and here comes my biggest prediction of the year.

Microsoft will show off VR of the Oculus rift! They'll have rushed together some PR schtick because people laughed at them at the Oculus event and they want people to understand what VR is.

Meaning these idiots will put in extra effort of showing it off and going "No you don't get it!".
Even though everyone exactly gets it and their little horrible poo poo theatre.

My biggest hope is to see Oculus paired with Kinect. Or I wonder if it will be completely ignored and just show off the stupid VR controls instead.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

grrarg posted:

Microsoft already said they are not showing 3-4 of the exclusives from last year.

What's the deal with that? How do you have a Platinum exclusive and just not talk about it? I shudder to think what they'll inflict upon us in its stead.

I'm still having Nike shoe flashbacks.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The problem with the fatalities besides them just looking like they're going to be pointless is that they slow down the game even more.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

arcsig posted:

Aside from the fatalities, not really. Doom 4 has no reloads or ironsights which I'm pretty excited to see.

The slower pace though, not so excited about.

The slower pace looks more like for the presentation itself than the game. The multiplayer looked pretty fast and the hell level had a few moments where the guy playing went full tilt running around, namely when they were circle strafing around the 2 hellknights

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doom 4 reminded me of Shadow Warrior with stun takedowns instead of a sword so that seems good to me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mr.capps posted:

The problem with the fatalities besides them just looking like they're going to be pointless is that they slow down the game even more.

But BLOOD AND GUTS!!! Not like that fast-paced shooter Nintendo made with a unique objective, interesting art style, and varied level design that is for kids.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

mr.capps posted:

The hell level looked pretty fast compared to the space base, probably showing off their texture work. But I gotta say that that was the first time seeing a quick kill move bummed me out.

TBH that footage looked really rough. Does anyone know if they restarted work on Doom 4? Wolfenstein: The New Order came with a beta invite to the Doom MP beta, I feel like they were going to target this past fall and had to start over or something.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

echronorian posted:

TBH that footage looked really rough. Does anyone know if they restarted work on Doom 4? Wolfenstein: The New Order came with a beta invite to the Doom MP beta, I feel like they were going to target this past fall and had to start over or something.
I'm pretty sure Doom 4's development has been restarted at least twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

• Locked thread