Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I am going to have fun with the video games announced at E3. Not all of them, but some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So uhh how come nobody has posted this yet???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiV-t3F0i-Q
Featuring: Character creation, Base Building, Crafting/Weapon Customization

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

VarXX posted:

Doom 4 looked pretty fun

Doom 4 looked like piss.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

mirarant posted:

Doom 4 looked like piss.

If you're crazy maybe!

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Sorry Dogout.

You're cute, but I don't think you have what it takes to win Best Dog of E3 2015

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
doom 4 looked quite poo poo and those holograms are straight outta system shock 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"Doom is a series known for its extremely fast pace so let's add extremely long Mortal Kombat fatalities and loving audiologs and turn the chainsaw into complete poo poo. This is definitely in line with the series' direction."

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

alcharagia posted:

Guys please tell me Zero Escape 3 won't happen.

itll be the biggest shame if it doesnt

like i'll actually feel sad not knowing how all that whacky poo poo happened

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Failboattootoot posted:

I thought Doom 4 looked ok. :shrug:

I was only paying half attention to it though since I was in the middle of a game of lol when it started and the volume was ultra quiet. I finished that around the time they moved on to sizzle reel and that looked decent enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVUxhoM7tY

This is doom 1 it already starts out 1000x better.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

"Doom is a series known for its extremely fast pace so let's add extremely long Mortal Kombat fatalities and loving audiologs and turn the chainsaw into complete poo poo. This is definitely in line with the series' direction."

It's been twenty years since the last fast paced Doom. Doom 3 had the audiologs and I bet if they thought they could get away with fatalities they'd have thrown those in there, too.

What I'm saying is that FPS have sucked for a long time and Doom 4 is continuing that proud tradition.

They had a choice of sacrificing a bit of graphical fidelity for the sake of letting the game move faster and letting there be more than two monsters on screen at same time, or adding more brown polygons. They chose poorly.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 15, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Al Borland posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVUxhoM7tY

This is doom 1 it already starts out 1000x better.

But putting an armor item in the middle of hurty water is Bad Game Design.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Are Reggie and Iwata gonna have a rematch of their fight from last year? Because that was the best thing at E3.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wasn't really looking forward to Fallout 4 until the presentation earlier. I was cynical that they wouldn't do anything to set it apart from 3/New Vegas, but I'm legit excited about the base building and the weapon and arbor crafting.

Let's hope all the other presenters have an ace up their sleeves like that!

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Brutal Doom was the best thing to happen to Doom for many reasons

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Okay.

The best part to me is that he signed that 3DS live on stage instead of handing him a pre-signed one. He even doodled on it! :3:

Want that 3DS.

That's really loving cool. Gonna watch those World Championships now

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm resigned to Doom never going to be good again outside of WADs and people remaking Doom 1 and 2 using Doom 4. Seems like chasing the CoD dollar is what dominates. At least there's stuff like Nuclear Throne for simple arcadey twitch shooting.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The NWC were good. I wish Nintendo would have thought to identify who was who for the games, especially Splatoon.

Also Miniwheat, why wasn't he around for the whole thing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Always leave them wanting more.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The NWC were good. I wish Nintendo would have thought to identify who was who for the games, especially Splatoon.

I felt sort of embarrassed after years of watching Summer and Awesome Games Done Quick with how shoddy the production values were for a pretty simple event. I'm still just glad some goofy enthusiastic guy with no e-cred or youtube or nothing managed to bowl in and steal the win from everyone else.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
FALLOUT 4: EVERYTHING FEELS loving FLOATY AGAIN

JESUS CHRIST WHEN WILL THEY loving LEARN

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Black August posted:

I felt sort of embarrassed after years of watching Summer and Awesome Games Done Quick with how shoddy the production values were for a pretty simple event. I'm still just glad some goofy enthusiastic guy with no e-cred or youtube or nothing managed to bowl in and steal the win from everyone else.

Cosmo deserved to win because he is the definition of chill.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I joked about Bethesda hinting at Dishonored remastered version in an older thread and it ended up being real. :psyduck:

So that is 1 remastered/re-release game revealed so far, or 2 if you count Earthbound Beginnings.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

That's really loving cool. Gonna watch those World Championships now

watch the [Super] Mario Maker bits. highly recommended.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So what's the money down on you actually being a cyborg or android or something for Fallout 4, which is how you survived. God. I just LEFT Boston and that groady state, and now I gotta go back and shoot everyone to death in it. Pain in the rear end. :mad:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's officially E3! It just isn't right to start the show without this yearly old chestnut.

Yechezkel posted:

I joked about Bethesda hinting at Dishonored remastered version in an older thread and it ended up being real. :psyduck:

So that is 1 remastered/re-release game revealed so far, or 2 if you count Earthbound Beginnings.

Here in Canada they're charging eighty god drat dollars for Dishonored DE. A game you can get off Steam right now for $11 and was free on PS+. I thought Dark Souls 2 was pushing it at $70 but this new age of fully-priced remasters can suck my dick.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Black August posted:

So what's the money down on you actually being a cyborg or android or something for Fallout 4, which is how you survived. God. I just LEFT Boston and that groady state, and now I gotta go back and shoot everyone to death in it. Pain in the rear end. :mad:

I was disappointed by the lack of accents.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Al Borland posted:

I was disappointed by the lack of accents.

No, it will happen. There will be at least one town, or one sole character, with that accent.

I will find that character and end their life.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just watched a dude win a 3DS signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. That's like getting an animation cel of Mickey Mouse signed by fuckin' Walt Disney. I've never been so jealous in my life.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Black August posted:

If they do this they should rip off Moon and reveal the twist about a hour in the game and have you run into other robots of yourself. That would be a nice trick to do with the character creation stuff.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jun 15, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Fallout 3 had a big quest all about Boston being Androidville USA what with MIT turning into mad scientists, so it's probably a safe bet to assume you're an android and I dunno did they explain why you're leaving the vault? Anyway they'll probably say something like oh you died in the nuclear explosion but we rebuilt you as a robot guy and now 200 years later you're reactivated and you're gonna go do stuff unaware that you're a robot guy.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So the further twist could be your former wife/husband and/or child and other people you knew all bein' super evil androids now and the final boss.

As long as I can challenge them from atop my giant Murder Tower, I really don't care what the story ends up being.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Siliconera, which is a generally reputable niche site focusing on JRPGs, believes a PS4 exclusive Final Fantasy VII remaster is going to Seriously For Reals This Time Honestly be announced today.

30 year old men in their mother's basement wept. At this point I think the audience for such a thing is kind of small in the much bigger scope of the industry now, but Square shipped a number of things recently and depending on when Kingdom Hearts is done could assemble something of a B-Team on it with existing tech.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Siliconera, which is a generally reputable niche site focusing on JRPGs, believes a PS4 exclusive Final Fantasy VII remaster is going to Seriously For Reals This Time Honestly be announced today.

30 year old men in their mother's basement wept. At this point I think the audience for such a thing is kind of small in the much bigger scope of the industry now, but Square shipped a number of things recently and depending on when Kingdom Hearts is done could assemble something of a B-Team on it with existing tech.

Durrr Hurrr

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I want FF7 to get a terrible cash-in remake so it'll stop being a thing already. FF7 was a hot colorful mess in a fun experimental time leaving many with fond and vague memories best left unvisited. Half of what it had and did wouldn't even be left in a remake.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So Nintendo did the world championships before even any E3 press conferences?
holy moly, they are the most fun gaming company!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Well that's why I stressed what a stretch that is. I think they could probably just release a compilation of the soundtrack and cinematics in modern CG and give most people what they want, since all the best sequences in that game were pre-rendered anyhow.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Black August posted:

So the further twist could be your former wife/husband and/or child and other people you knew all bein' super evil androids now and the final boss.

As long as I can challenge them from atop my giant Murder Tower, I really don't care what the story ends up being.

the dog is the final boss. It is already decided. Hsi head is going to pop open and the voice of the enclave leader will come out to mock you.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Al Borland posted:

the dog is the final boss. It is already decided. Hsi head is going to pop open and the voice of the enclave leader will come out to mock you.

Ok great. Can I serve Dog? Wait no this is a Bethesda game there will be no such option, nevermind. I'll just make a mod to play as Dog myself. I'll make Dog Kingdom. Dogs only.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Well that's why I stressed what a stretch that is. I think they could probably just release a compilation of the soundtrack and cinematics in modern CG and give most people what they want, since all the best sequences in that game were pre-rendered anyhow.

didn't they....just announce...this past december freaking hyping up FF7 being on the PS4....only it to revealed as just a simple port?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

VideoGames posted:

So Nintendo did the world championships before even any E3 press conferences?
holy moly, they are the most fun gaming company!

Yup. Big event up front, presentation in the back followed by 3 days of Treehouse, Nintendo is bookending E3.

• Locked thread