Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Color Printer posted:

They're still trying really hard not to say "September 11th" which makes me wonder why they didn't change it ages ago.

I'm sure Nintendo of Japan set a release date ages ago because they don't have a reason to care over there, and NOA tried deperately to get them to move it but they wouldn't budge. The other option would be to delay just for North America which would just upset people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Couldn't you just put your Wii U into offline mode and change the clock every time you meet the requirement to unlock the new tier for the next day? It's still more work than you should have to do but it seems like it'd be pretty easy to get around on day one. And I doubt they'd put anything in to revert your unlocks if you connected back online and your clock went back to normal.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Color Printer posted:

Toad appears after you beat a castle, or maybe during a 10/100 Mario Challenge, and reacts to Amiibo suits

Can't wait for somebody to make a twenty minute YouTube compilation of all the special dialogue so I don't have to spend a million hours playing to see them all myself.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Super Mario Maker

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Smash replays are basically just running off button inputs, so if you change the way the moves work the playback is not going to be accurate. There's no way around this.

I mean, they could store the way the moves used to be balanced and switch to those "sets" for the replays, but I dunno how much space that would take up. It really bums me out every time I update and realize I never captured 99% of my replays from the last patch though.

• Locked thread