Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
That was cool, they used some type of overlay to darken the green surface and show how it slopes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

Kameh posted:

If I never again hear the phrase, "For the first time," I'll be a happy man.

Edit - AT&T U-Verse people struck a deal with Fox Sports 1. Coverage is live.

Awesome, thanks for this. Time to set the DVR from the U-Verse app for some after work golf watching.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Mickelson to -3!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm gonna be That Guy that kills the buzz and remind everyone of Phil Mickelson's still incredible ability to, well, be Phil Mickelson.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This analyst desk on FS1 is pretty atrocious, not least because Curt Menefee is anchoring.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Tacoma Local here, checking in to report that traffic is already a poo poo show in University Place because there is only 1 road in and 1 road out of Chambers. Back to DJExile in the tower

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Tacoma Local here, checking in to report that traffic is already a poo poo show in University Place because there is only 1 road in and 1 road out of Chambers. Back to DJExile in the tower

The parking & shuttles were pretty easy even though I had to drive to Puyallup. Shuttle took 45 mins to the course. Not sure why they didn't use Tacoma Dome or Cheney Stadium as bus stops much closer to the course. There weren't many lots at the course so not sure where people are going. But I guess people are getting there and realizing they cant park and have to go back.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Tank44 posted:

The parking & shuttles were pretty easy even though I had to drive to Puyallup. Shuttle took 45 mins to the course. Not sure why they didn't use Tacoma Dome or Cheney Stadium as bus stops much closer to the course. There weren't many lots at the course so not sure where people are going. But I guess people are getting there and realizing they cant park and have to go back.

Ya, its more that UP is a tiny little incorporation and its biggest road is 2 lanes each way.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
Bubba complaining already ('The sand is rock hard!') Guy is such a headcase.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

tminz posted:

Bubba complaining already ('The sand is rock hard!') Guy is such a headcase.
Wait, you mean not all courses are perfectly manicured like Augusta National?!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
I like how he said, "My ball was in a rake crease!" in the bunker he found off the tee shot earlier on the hole.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Josh Lyman posted:

Wait, you mean not all courses are perfectly manicured like Augusta National?!

"God, this sand is too white and of too perfect a consistency!"

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I'm not used to seeing someone have so many birdie opportunities at a US open.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
LOL, "Gulbis, get the hell off the green, you're in the shot!"

Edit: May not have been Gulbis.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Thanks Lord! As you can see, Bubba continuing to have problems here at Chambers Bay, the bunkers have been giving him conniptions. More in a moment!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Fox doesn't have a leaderboard, is weird with their mics (jesus Christ, I think I've heard the same bird chirping so many times it's gotta be fake) and has boring as gently caress commentators.

Bring back NBC, even if it means Johnny Miller again.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

Fox doesn't have a leaderboard, is weird with their mics (jesus Christ, I think I've heard the same bird chirping so many times it's gotta be fake) and has boring as gently caress commentators.

Bring back NBC, even if it means Johnny Miller again.
They're definitely piping in fake bird sounds. There's literally 1 tree on the course and it's out of play.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

DoctaFun posted:

"God, this sand is too white and of too perfect a consistency!"

DoctaFun posted:

"God, this sand is too white"

DoctaFun posted:

"too white"

What is, a thing that has never been said in the vicinity of the Augusta Golf Course for $2000, Alex. HOME OF.....THE MASTERS

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Cody Gribble needs to have a Dale head-cover as his trademark.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Bubba Watson needs to Eat a Dick.

Edit: Joe Buck: "And Bubba not pleased as he stomps his way up to the 18th green." Freaking LOL.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 18, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's kind of a shame to see Bubba going back to his old ways. He was a notorious hot-head when he first showed up on tour and seemed to have calmed down over the last year or two.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Look at those nails!

pmac
Jun 12, 2007
15-year-old Cole Hammer (or Hammel, Hamlin according to Buck and Norman) losing it on the back. 5 over in the last 4.

Tiger seems to just mindlessly bash balls on the range. I predict a 77.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Literally everything about this coverage sucks rear end except for the amount of pro-tracers they have up and running. I hope in a few years that tech is a lot cheaper and more mobile because I'd love seeing it on more approach shots too.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 18, 2015

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
But they have robots and drones. That's awesome!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tiger splits the fairway with a driver on the 1st. He might actually put up a decent round.

edit: HAHAHA I spoke too soon. Bailed right with a 6 iron and he's in the poo poo.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 18, 2015

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

They are really going to have the leaderboard displayed like this entire weekend aren't they? I hate this coverage already. Give me Chris Berman.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

This analyst desk on FS1 is pretty atrocious, not least because Curt Menefee is anchoring.

Menefee is incredibly bad. It's pretty obvious he knows nothing about golf and is straight reading off of his iPad/prompter/notes.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
they make him do Fútbol too.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
This coverage is embarassingly bad

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Tiger is +4 through 6. Will he end up better than the 15 year old who finished +7 today?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Woods, Fowler, and Oosthuizen are falling loving apart, this is incredible.

For the love of god, stop trying to pound a drive up and just hit a 3-wood. This feels like basic course management.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
The fake bird sounds are really bothering me. I can't focus on anything else now. It's worse than noticing the squeak of basketball players' shoes.

Edit - I'm blaming Josh Lyman for pointing it out to me.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 19, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Seriously. If you were to only watch this group play today, you'd think this is the most difficult golf course on the planet.

I'm watching the main TV coverage and Tiger's featured group at the same time, and the commentary across the board is just absurdly bad. They're constantly loving up calls and the score/shot overlays are frequently wrong. Fine work Fox!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Didn't Fox cover men's golf tournaments before? I know this is their first major, but this can't be their first golf tournament.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Didn't Fox cover men's golf tournaments before? I know this is their first major, but this can't be their first golf tournament.
I'm 99% they have not.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

All I want on every hole is: player, distance, par, and current shot if they are in play. I don't need a static leaderboard on the screen. This isn't the NFL/MLB. I Have no idea what hole they are on unless someone says it which is so annoying.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
It'd also be nice if when they do show the overlay with what number shot the player is hitting that the number is correct. On the last hole, the overlay showed shot #2 for both Ricky and Oosthuizen when it was the third shot for both of them.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Kameh posted:

Apparently Fox and Joe Buck et al. covered the USGA 4-Ball Championship earlier this year as sort of a test run. Reports from people who watched it indicate it was hilariously bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Anyone wanna set up a goon commentary stream? :)

• Locked thread