Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

Anyone wanna set up a goon commentary stream? :)
We could stream from Twitch or Livestream but I doubt anyone would watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Holy poo poo Rickie, nice meltdown.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Jesus christ Tiger. Skank a wedge into the bunker right of the hole with a horrific looking swing and then hit a ridiculously good shot out of said bunker. Does not compute.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

BCRock posted:

Jesus christ Tiger. Skank a wedge into the bunker right of the hole with a horrific looking swing and then hit a ridiculously good shot out of said bunker. Does not compute.

Honestly the only bit of commentary I've heard so far that I agree with is that Tiger seems to be doing fine on the bullshit, scrambling, improvised shots, because it's kinda resetting his brain. The standard issue off the tee and approach shots are a loving mess though.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

We could stream from Twitch or Livestream but I doubt anyone would watch.

This would be awesome. But how?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Fowler just missed an ace

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
drat... Ricky's shot there had gone in for a 1 that would have been absurd.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Fowler just missed an ace

On a par 4... That would have been absurd. Maybe the tap-in eagle will give him some momentum.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Holy poo poo, can we talk about how awesome that shot from Tiger was, off the loving asphalt??

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Great shot there, but that putt was awful. If he misses the par putt now he's going to go mental.

Edit: This is getting ugly.

BCRock fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 19, 2015

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo this broadcast is the absolute worst. I mean, the online streams have never been good outside of the Masters, but this is terrible in every way.

Loving all these meltdowns, too. Go Cabrera.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
In more positive news, there are two amateurs currently in the top 10. Both are still on the course so they could still go either way, but that's pretty impressive so far.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fox sucks. Tiger sucks. Kill Joe Buck.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Cant stop laughing at Fowlers off green into bunker.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Somehow it stopped on the stairs and he got a drop? This course is crazy.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Never knew I lived 4 miles north of a murderous golf course. Laughed at Tiger's group laughing off the rounds they had.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

goddamn i love bloodbath majors

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I think I'm in love with that course. It's like we get 2 British Opens in a row :)

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Halo14 posted:

I think I'm in love with that course. It's like we get 2 British Opens in a row :)

And we get the wonky whistling straits for the PGA this year!

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
While 5 under for DJ and Stenson is great, I kind of want everyone to go back 3-4 strokes today. If DJ ends up 10 under and other people are there too it makes it less interesting.

Can we petition to have Morgan Pressel removed from commentary? She's a drat idiot. Just because people are professional golfers doesn't make them good golf commentators.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 19, 2015

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Protracer on the driving range fkn rules!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tiger yesterdayr: "At least I kicked Rickie's butt today" :gunsmith:

Can't wait for round 2.

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 19, 2015

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Gonna be a fun morning with it misting.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this coverage is outrageous lmao at the concentric circles around the holes

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

straight up brolic posted:

this coverage is outrageous lmao at the concentric circles around the holes

It's pretty bad, they were joking yesterday that this was pre-game practice for the weekend lol

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Just talked one of my coworkers who made the short drive to chambers yesterday. And he confirmed what you goons noticed, that loud rear end bird that fox keeps playing was not on the course. BACK TO YOU DJ IN THE TOWER.

edit: Go Spieth, Hookem Horns

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 19, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Just talked one of my coworkers who made the short drive to chambers yesterday. And he confirmed what you goons noticed, that loud rear end bird that fox keeps playing was not on the course. BACK TO YOU DJ IN THE TOWER.

edit: Go Spieth, Hookem Horns

Thanks Lord! More as it develops. Now this from our sponsors!

*like 20 life insurance commercials*

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Heh. They just showed a great clip of Spieth on 18 talking about how it's the dumbest hole he's ever played in his life.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

That wedge from Day was amazing!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This grouping of Spieth, Day, and Rose is so much fun to watch. :allears:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

"A little more. Just an ounce more. Bounce hard!....DANGIT, JORDAN! COME ON! The one place you can't go!"

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

"A little more. Just an ounce more. Bounce hard!....DANGIT, JORDAN! COME ON! The one place you can't go!"

"COME ON BALL...BE the right ball toDAY"

Edit:

Lest we forget

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 19, 2015

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Jason Day noooo :(

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Acquilae posted:

Jason Day noooo :(

He has a history of dizziness, and withdrew from the Byron Nelson because of it.

I hope he's okay...gently caress.

Edit:
Dizzy Jason Day just hit about as good a sand shot as I've ever played in my life

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love that Day is struggling with vertigo and all Joe Buck cares about is Greg Norman getting to the ninth green in time to nag Day about it.

E: and he's getting treatment before signing his card so I'm sure Nantz is on the phone reporting a foul or something

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 19, 2015

pmac
Jun 12, 2007
What a disaster Day's vertigo created. I'm pretty sure he'll WD. Tiger is probably pissed that his round was extended 10 extra minutes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Yes, he had two people holding him up and his head was down, so I felt that was a good time to ask him a bunch of questions." - Greg Norman

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

pmac posted:

What a disaster Day's vertigo created. I'm pretty sure he'll WD. Tiger is probably pissed that his round was extended 10 extra minutes.

Just be glad Bubba "This is PROFESSIONAL GOLF!" Watson wasn't behind him.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Fox thinks Tacoma is north of seattle....wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Fox thinks Tacoma is north of seattle....wtf?

I think they got their geography a groove too low, they should have played a cut to someone else...wait a second, I'm making a Johnny Miller reference and he's not on this coverage.

Back to you over on 4, Lord.

• Locked thread