Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
I'd guess so. It's pretty far north, at the western edge of its time zone. Remember that Philadelphia has the same latitude as San Francisco.

It's nice to see these players suffering from putts starting off at the wrong angle. Combating that is an essential muni skill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Dustin Johnson has to win if he keeps playing perfect golf like this.

Also I think Fox's camera work is really great. Edit: I recant, I guess foreign networks get to pick and choose cameras now.

sarehu fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 22, 2015

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
It's in the trashy part of the west coast.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
I think you could apply my solution for base jumpers at Yosemite and suicide jumpers at the Golden Gate Bridge: Hire a sniper.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Smith with an albatross, 3-putt from Spieth

29 on the back, Oost better win.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Boop!

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Time for a shank into the concrete.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
They're having a Saturday reunion at -4.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Spieth to 3-putt.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Good lord Dustin.

New prediction: Spieth birdies, Dustin...

GRACE DON'T GIVE HIM A LINE!

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
So all Dustin has to do is hit a lob wedge and two putts to force the playoff.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
He's gonna take another look.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Children are your consolation prize.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Never mind, Pacific northwest galleries are great.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)

ironlung posted:

The strongest part of Spieth's game is his putting and he won the tournament so I have a hard time paying much attention to people bitching about the greens. And as far as I can tell, all three of DJ's putts on 18 rolled true.

I think it's likely his second putt started off in the wrong direction because of the local depression the ball's stopped in. There were a lot of short putts that seemed to suffer from that -- the ball needs to get some angular momentum before it keeps on line. You'd see almost every putt stop by rolling backwards back into the nearby lowest point. That's a solvable problem, if you're willing to depart from your standard pro golfer professionally trained putting stroke.

Also it is possible to have really cool, non-cauliflower, but "natural" greens that roll true, with green patches and scaly patches, and varying green speed.

Also the course definitely has an irrigation system, they had sprinkler heads around the greens.

sarehu fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)

runoverbobby posted:

Maybe I'm not reading the last sentence correctly, but it seems to suggest that the solution to bad greens is to putt with a bad stroke. I've never heard anything like that before.

I didn't say you should put with a "bad" stroke. You just can't take your standard putting stroke when you get certain lies on bad greens -- the ball will immediately redirect to the side. You need some extra loft on the putt in that situation.

• Locked thread