Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My balcony isn't air conditioned, I think only a handful of them are and apparently it is a pain in the rear end to add and it doesn't really work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moridin920 posted:

this is like some tasteless amalgamation of ikea furniture and 'modern' design and I can't believe someone would pay $15k/mo for that lol. Dallas.

You can own this train wreck for only $2.5M and be my neighbor.

http://judypittman.com/latour/2101-2-3/latour2101.htm

HOA dues are only $3100 a month!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Enfield posted:

i have to wait till wednesday to buy a pack of cigarettes lol

When can you buy more cocaine and set yourself on fire again?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

i was like "i bet i could get his address from these pics and he said hes what 8 floors up from those damned loud kids in the pool"
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699308

Anyone that could figure out where I lived in like 30 minutes in Google Maps. But it's seriously one of the most secure condo buildings in Dallas, we are currently upgrading our 42 security cameras to HD, please don't stalk me, it annoys the concierge to have to call the police on people.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The Cubelodyte posted:

What the gently caress does a $3100 monthly HOA fee get you? 24/7 blowjob service from the concierge staff? Helicopter taxis? Timeshare use of a death squad?

???

I mean it's all relative, it's a $2.5 million dollar house. I only pay like $670 a month for the HOAs on my hovel. The market prices it in, electricity, staff, taxes, insurance, security, how much do you think it costs a month to maintain a $2.5 million dollar free standing house? I pay a third of the HOA on my house to maintain my other house that isn't as nice.

Also the efficiency of shared staffing, I think we have 18 full time staff for like 110 units right now.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 16, 2015

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

thathonkey posted:

Lol if you "own" your own home/property yet still answer to a bullshit authority that you also have to pay for

What bullshit authority? There isn't riff-raff in the building, the board is elected annually and most of the staff is borderline terrified of the building owners.

Also most of the rules are pretty sensible like telling your servants to behave:

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 16, 2015

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The Cubelodyte posted:

I'm sure I don't know, but HOA fees are on top of that. The occupants of $2.5M houses aren't likely to want or use scrub-tier middle class shared amenities like common pools, so where does the money go? To what purpose? I guess I could see country club and greens fees being included, but if that's not the case, it just sounds like a fee for being dumb.

Why do you think there are private clubs or luxury hotels or private gyms? Why do you think so many luxury hotels manage condos? It's not that that rich people mind sharing, it's that they mind sharing with the riff-raff.

I live in (one of the cheapest units) of a full service building, it's basically like living in a hotel, most people don't want to live in a hotel but that's why it cost so much. I don't but I could pull up to the front door, have the porters unload my groceries and put them in my kitchen/fridge and valet my car and they could be fired for accepting a tip for doing it.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 16, 2015

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Pretty sure I make 2x + what is TO, and won't post it here. gently caress you poor

Oh honey, it's not about money, it's about not being the riff-raff. The riff-raff can have money.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

I agree. But where do we mark the line? Your kinda ...not my social circles.

People self-sort.

Do you want to come home to this every day? You might want to be my neighbor. My building has a reputation of being more "traditional".

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 16, 2015

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

it is posted:

Fun fact: when you see random T's capitalized in gay-sex-world, that means meth

Because T is short for Tina which is short for Christina which sounds like Crystal as in crystal meth

High Five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Wasn't the guy that made Minecraft a goon at some point?

• Locked thread